RP-Critique/Support/Self Monitoring Club

For Issues, Ideas, or Subjects That Do Not Fit Elsewhere

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Moltrazahn

Re: RP-Critique/Support/Self Monitoring Club

Unread post by Moltrazahn »

Shadowcryer wrote:A funny situation happened to me yesterday:

>A woman, with a shield with Neverwinter sign and wearing cape of Myrkul and (of course) an issue SCIMITAR.
>She happens to be a Druid
>"-A Druid of Myrkul? Never thought that he has ones" - I said.
>///"-How hilarious that people meta that crap about Myrkul. His order is rather secretive..." I get in answer.
>///"-They are gods, they are famous... Okaaay, my 200 year elven-wizard rolls 39 lore, I guess it is enough to be aware about sign of a deity?"
>Now I am ignored.

Quite funny. Sad, that I can't remember her name.
I would have gone with "hm? What? The cape? I dunno... it has fantastic enhancements! ... it's from what God now? Well... that a pity. I ain't no tailor! I just looted it from a gnoll."

In general... most will reflect on first impression. Prehaps ask about the cloak in character first and see what reply comes out :). She may have a valid reason. I find that some get bothered if asked ooc first before ic.

As to your elf. Lore can be devised into select categories. Where some know "everything". The more dedicated will know a select few things. In the case of God's tho... I'd agree that a general knowledge of God's ain't out of the question. As to orders associated with them? That may be a bit more so and so. Still unless there is a general consensus from the staff that certain gods are vague or unknown (AO) then most of the deity's can be considered within the realm of reason to know.
Za'than Za'amal(Elsewhere!)
Thumbler Trunk-son(Also Elsewhere!)
Inanis Umbra(Active)
Molag'ur(He stink!)

Myhun Kren: "You should change Za'thans mask to green, and run around yelling "Somebody STOP ME!"

"You are a spastic pony" - HDM Arrakeen
burbles

Unread post by burbles »

Yeah, I met her too. You know, even if Myrkul order was secretive... but it's not, if Myrkul himself appears often throughout the realms to people, and it's a sure thing that not only Jergalites deal in dead... Even then, a goddamn SKULL in BLACK CAPE should qualify for a few questions, no? Especialy if you happen to be a druid.
I put on my robe and a wizard hat...
Shadowcryer

Unread post by Shadowcryer »

burbles wrote:Yeah, I met her too. You know, even if Myrkul order was secretive... but it's not, if Myrkul himself appears often throughout the realms to people, and it's a sure thing that not only Jergalites deal in dead... Even then, a goddamn SKULL in BLACK CAPE should qualify for a few questions, no? Especialy if you happen to be a druid.
Exactly. She could go with "It just represents cape with a skull", but no, she used it IC as a cloak with a sign of Myrkul :(
DM Golem

Unread post by DM Golem »

Hi all,

The purpose of this thread is to ask for feedback from other players voluntarily; this reads more like taking issue with a given RP situation which comes close to the forum rule against personal attacks.

Please can the discussion be restricted to requests for feedback and the provision of said feedback.

Thanks
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

I've been playing Drake Nair for quite some time now, but since I never really made a real concept for him, he doesn't feel like he has a real own character. He's just a mixture of me, and some added characteristics that don't fit me at all. I've got a bit of an idea of the kind of character I want him to be, but I never made it really definitive for myself.

My question: Anything I can improve about him, and as what kind of character does he strike you?
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Keeping a close eye on the Server Finances.
Kagger911

Unread post by Kagger911 »

DM Golem wrote:Hi all,

The purpose of this thread is to ask for feedback from other players voluntarily; this reads more like taking issue with a given RP situation which comes close to the forum rule against personal attacks.

Please can the discussion be restricted to requests for feedback and the provision of said feedback.

Thanks
No, go home you're drunk. I'm enjoying the actual truth and opinions of people. So juicy, so tasty, so... un edited.
Kagger Redyard
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kagger
"Finally found where I belong."

Amabiro "Shekels" Shyste

"How can I be of service today?"
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

Zanniej wrote:I've been playing Drake Nair for quite some time now, but since I never really made a real concept for him, he doesn't feel like he has a real own character. He's just a mixture of me, and some added characteristics that don't fit me at all. I've got a bit of an idea of the kind of character I want him to be, but I never made it really definitive for myself.

My question: Anything I can improve about him, and as what kind of character does he strike you?
and here I thought the aloofness and inconsistencies were purposeful! :lol: :lol:

Being a half-elf it always stood to reason for me that this leads to his somewhat passive-aggressive sarcasm by virtue of that race not feeling 'at home' amongst humans or elves (obviously a generalization, but a common enough one). I would say, if anything his cowardice doesn't often come out in the RP, though this may simply be a product of the scenario's where we have RP'd, I suppose. I find the interesting conversations between my gruff hunter and your more refined diplomat interesting, every time! If anything, it would be great fun to see you focus more on the reasoning behind his past interactions which might help you formulate ideas for how to act in the future. :)
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Grimdark Hitman

Unread post by Grimdark Hitman »

Darradarljod wrote:I've been playing an aspiring (Thayan) Knight for the past few weeks named Boris Vyacheslav. Boris' character as I intend it is a 'roid raging brute - a bulldog on a choke chain. Dour, severe, and a "strong silent type". Doesn't generally bother with platitudes and often wont bother speaking at all when there is a Red Wizard to handle the social situation. But I try to temper that harsh/rude nature by occasional civilized encounters with those who he notices haven't condemned him for his nationality. I've also enjoyed including acts of service to guests within the Enclave and RP with MoV's player Yas which challenged his growth direction.

Getting into character has meant I've been learning Thayan lore, which is a continuing process! I feel I'm getting more and more consistent with him as I flesh him out by interacting with you all.

If anyone has some honest feedback / constructive criticism I would consider that helpful in directing Boris to become who he should be. Thanks in advance.

D
From the brief RP with him today... Bisery was simply intrigued to stumble upon another ugly soul in a seemingly pretty Barbie world. And he doesn't strike me as overly egotistic. If characters are role-played with too much ego disgusts me. Hope to see him around again to learn more, and hope you found your friend in the UD.
Playing other games/gave up.
gedweyignasia
Custom Content

Unread post by gedweyignasia »

Any critique or feedback on the characters I've been playing the past few months?
Darradarljod

Unread post by Darradarljod »

Grimdark Hitman wrote:From the brief RP with him today... Bisery was simply intrigued to stumble upon another ugly soul in a seemingly pretty Barbie world. And he doesn't strike me as overly egotistic. If characters are role-played with too much ego disgusts me. Hope to see him around again to learn more, and hope you found your friend in the UD.
Just found your post now. Thanks for the feedback Grimdark. I'd been intruiged by Bisery ever since I saw his mug in the Nexus. He's no Ken doll either. Sorry our meeting was so brief and I hope you figured out your casting issue.

Who knows - maybe we'll start a Guild of Unhandsome Men one day...?
JCVD1

Unread post by JCVD1 »

gedweyignasia wrote:Any critique or feedback on the characters I've been playing the past few months?
I think they are too dead. I mean. They can'T really do much as characters :D
finneas

Unread post by finneas »

I would happily accept any constructive criticism, feedback, suggestions and pointers on my characters Quint and Kellan Armstrong. Both are going down a new road for me as far as my limited RP experience goes so I'm certain there are things that I really need to address. Any input is welcome.
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. - Ernest Hemingway
The Fox's Bio
Kellan Armstrong's Bio
KittyPryde

Unread post by KittyPryde »

*Timid* How's Shy'Llle'Ya doing?
Darradarljod

Unread post by Darradarljod »

KittyPryde wrote:*Timid* How's Shy'Llle'Ya doing?
*Cracks knuckles*

I first met Shy'Lle'Ya on Kanithar my barbarian. She seemed lovely and friendly - until she examined Kanithar...and realised who he was...

What I appreciate from you as a player is that you took a lore skill check I'd made available in my description and used it. Shy'Lle'Yah not liking what she knows of Kanithar really defines our character's relationship. I like her caution, her lack of trust, and that even though her friends are trying to give Kanithar the benefit of the doubt Shy'Lle'Yah is unyielding in her conviction that he is someone she does not want to know, and warns others to stay away from him. From what I've seen of Shy I believe she loves what is good and hates what is evil and I admire the strength and endurance of her convictions. I look forward to future RP, and have enjoyed our encounters thus far. See you in game.
KittyPryde

Unread post by KittyPryde »

Darradarljod wrote:
KittyPryde wrote:*Timid* How's Shy'Llle'Ya doing?
*Cracks knuckles*

I first met Shy'Lle'Ya on Kanithar my barbarian. She seemed lovely and friendly - until she examined Kanithar...and realised who he was...

What I appreciate from you as a player is that you took a lore skill check I'd made available in my description and used it. Shy'Lle'Yah not liking what she knows of Kanithar really defines our character's relationship. I like her caution, her lack of trust, and that even though her friends are trying to give Kanithar the benefit of the doubt Shy'Lle'Yah is unyielding in her conviction that he is someone she does not want to know, and warns others to stay away from him. From what I've seen of Shy I believe she loves what is good and hates what is evil and I admire the strength and endurance of her convictions. I look forward to future RP, and have enjoyed our encounters thus far. See you in game.

Thankies so much for the kind words! I do try hard to play as she should; even if it isn't something I personally agree with. (And no I would TOTALLY rat out a nasty vicious man in real life. XD) I have fun playing against him when I see him, directly or not (like when he was with the that female...) I want to thank YOU for not leaving your examine window BLANK. To me, that's just wrong at least put in there a little that I should be able to see - so many models look so alike it can be hard when zoomed out determine race (especially for those nearly human halfelves or nearly elven ones)...just saying. Toss me a bone and I'll take a bite! XD I think I proved that here...see you in game!

Return to “General Discussion”