There and back again - a Topic's tale for BG'sCommunity

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Darradarljod

Re: There and back again - a Topic's tale for BG'sCommunity

Unread post by Darradarljod »

So it turns out when Windows is updating and says "do not turn off your computer", it really means it. Even when the update has already taken five hours.

Expect delays while I crusade against the foul corruption in my primitive laptop.
Mursey

Unread post by Mursey »

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Wildsheep

Unread post by Wildsheep »

Darradarljod wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:09 am So it turns out when Windows is updating and says "do not turn off your computer", it really means it. Even when the update has already taken five hours.

Expect delays while I crusade against the foul corruption in my primitive laptop.
Oh damn :(
I hope to see you ingame again soon
Dnaera Ozkam - Red Wizard of Thay

Kiren 'Pearl' Myrlow - Golden Wheel
Vieice Jhala'tlar - Priestess of Eilistraee
Darradarljod

I've got it running but have had to reinstall everything, and its still a bit mixed up. Installed the server updates overnight, got in game for 30 seconds, now have to reinstall the updates from scratch. I'll probably be back later today.

Got a new computer under construction. Thank you everyone who has had saintly patience for my stone age area transit load times over the years, the end is in sight ;-)
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

Maecius wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:42 pm I'll be out of town for work stuff until the 17th of May. Any PMs meant for me, please also include the HDMs (if it's rules or lore related) or Chambordini and Valefort (if it's tech related) in your message. I should have some Internet access, but I don't know how much time I'll have to check in here until I'm back home.
I am back!
Darradarljod

Finally got a new computer. Unfortunately it wont let me play BGTSCC. After login (new load times are smooth as), I have 5 seconds or less in the Nexus before the computer loses power and reboots. NWN2 Singleplayer works fine, and it runs more demanding games, but I haven't found a way to fix this issue.

Furthermore, having recovered from my surgery I'll likely be resuming duties in a reduced capacity next week. Apologies to everyone I was entangled in RP with.

Had been hanging out for the upcoming 100% RCR too, bugger it.
SoThereIWas

Unread post by SoThereIWas »

On vacation till the 4th of the next, I have Wifi tho.

I can be contacted here via forums and prefer to unplug from the game till after. But there are some exceptions if needed.
Bobthehero

Unread post by Bobthehero »

I leave for some course for work, it will last about 2 months and a half, I may or may not have some week ends free, but for now, I am not getting involved in major stuff until the 16th of August. I'll still be on Discord and I will check the forums.
Aurelien Amon: Human fighter, member of the Whitewood Vanguard, Hoarite

Lotrik: Not a wise Genasi, probably stronger than you tho, a master of longswords. Fully retired

Bob Thairo: Dreadknight of Bane, Back on the Coast, tyranning away with his wife
MrPsion

Unread post by MrPsion »

I'll be away from the server until sometime in July due to some RL things that have come up. Right before the server went down for an extended time I was speaking to Oth and Nathaniel about joining the Darius Company as Averill Cullinane. We will have to continue the discussion later thanks!
Fury_US

Unread post by Fury_US »

July 4th is coming up, and seeing as how I work in the hospitality industry in America, that means my next couple of weeks will essentially be spent in Hell. I'm likely not going to be on the server for at least two weeks, but can be reached via PM or discord. ICly, Wren will be away, and unresponsive to attempts to contact her.

For anyone who's going to be vacationing, whether you're American and doing it over the holiday, or you're anywhere else and doing it just for some vacation time- be good to the people on the other side of the counter, eh? The difference a smile can make matters more than you know.
Savina Rook- Active
Wren Di'Corvi- Retired
"A bit ex-Zhentric" -Winterborne
Winterborne

Unread post by Winterborne »

I will be away from now until Sunday, July 7, on a lil' vacation!

I will not be able to get to Discord or the Forums in this time, so anyone who needs me, please send a PM and I'll get to you after I get back! Have a great holiday folks!
Nathan Goldenmane - Guardian of Ilmater's Sanctuary, Mercy's Blade

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
DM Golem

Unread post by DM Golem »

On vacation until the 7th!

I believe other DMs will be raining hellfire on the Frontline :twisted:
Winterborne

Unread post by Winterborne »

Unexpected overstress means I'm taking a step back. I'll be around on discord and by request but otherwise sporadic.
Nathan Goldenmane - Guardian of Ilmater's Sanctuary, Mercy's Blade

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
DM Golem

Unread post by DM Golem »

I have been taking a short break, any PMs sent will likely get answered end of the week, this weekend!

Return to “Community”