New Player? Introduce Yourself!

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Androoh

Re: New Player? Introduce Yourself!

Unread post by Androoh »

Last edited by Androoh on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired - No longer an active player
GaretAthran

Unread post by GaretAthran »

Heya!

I'm Ryan. I've been on the server for a few weeks and I figure it's time I officially said hi to the comminity since I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking around for a while.

I'd been RPing on NWN mostly back between 2007 and 2013 on a server called Shores of Winter. But with the talk of the Enhanced Edition coming out soon I got myself on board the hype train and needed to start RPing somewhere again (Tabletop groups aren't the most reliable).

Lil'hemlhas (or Lil preferably) is an old character of mine who I thought would fit on the server and so far I wasn't wrong, everyone I've RP'd with so far has been amazing and it feels so awesome to be back at it again. Having her find new life here has been really satisfying and I hope there's loads more RP to come.

I'm a professional writer so I'm usually at my computer, which means when I'm not working or watching my daughter I'll likely be online :P

Again, thank you guys for the warm welcome so far, it has not gone unappreciated.
Kamine Waynn
~
Paladin of the Red Knight
Ghalen37

Unread post by Ghalen37 »

Hi,

My name is Michael, and I play the Paladin of Lathander, Ghalen Kross. Like a lot of other people, I'm not exactly new. I've played on BGTSCC off and on for a few years, before deciding to join the forum, and do absolutely nothing with it. Usually I play for around a month or two before falling off for many more months or years. This time I'm hoping to stick around more, and so I decided I'd insert myself in the community.

I started roleplaying back on NWN1 a little after it came out on a server called Silversun(Unrelated to the ERP server that's on NWN2's server list) I've played and loved just about every D&D related game since, and some from before, which eventually led me to NWN2 and eventually this server. Aside from the Neverwinter series I've spent a lot of time RPing on MMOs like World of Warcraft and Guild Wars 2, the latter of which remains one of my favourite games. I've also played PnP D&D since High School. Sometimes as a player, sometimes as a DM. Currently I DM a heavily homebrewed version of 3.5e set in a world of my own making for a group of close friends via the program Tabletop Simulator on Steam semi-regularly(Meaning sometimes 1-2 a month, most of the time every week, and a lot of the time up to 5 days a week when all our schedules allow)

I suffer from pretty bad insomnia, so I'm on at a bunch of odd hours here and there when I've got nothing else going on. And I'm always down for some fun Rp or dungeon delving or really whatever else.

Some fun facts:
I'm partially colorblind. Specifically Deuteranopia (red/green color defeciency) Meaning I can't differentiate colors that are only different due to the amount of red or green in them. For example: Blue and Purple. Purple's only difference from blue being the amount of a certain hue of red mixed in with it.

The name Ghalen37 comes from my first iteration of my character named Ghalen used in one of my highschool D&D games. In a campaign filled with many character deaths, Ghalen was the one to survive, and in doing so, eventually reached 37th level.

I went to college to become a Graphic Design Artist as I've always had a great love of art, but decided to drop out before my professors could grind that love out of me. I now very happily work for my County's Department of Agriculture.

That's about all i can think of that could be potentially interesting. Sorry for being so wordy and possibly oversharing. :doh: :roll: :D

Anyway, thanks for any welcomes, and the kindness I've already encountered here. I hope to stick around and enjoy everything this server and it's community has to offer!
doctorbrick

Unread post by doctorbrick »

hi there!, after several years of not playing RPGs at all i wanted to come back to the D&D universe. I played a lot on the NWN1 Baldur's Gate servers, but with a little difference, i'm from spain and i played on spanish but i wanted to try this now. May be it will take me a bit to addapt myself to Roleplay on a different language, but i wil try my best .P, See you inside the game!
:dance:
Hecatecat

Unread post by Hecatecat »

Hello!
I was playing on nwn2 servers but only in my language, now I decided to focus more on bigger communities like BG :). I would love to have a lot of fun here and interesting adventures but mostly I Love to RP and Im looking foward to it! Im now in the middle of creating a new surface character and Underdark! For the 2nd one I have an idea but for the first toon Im still thinking. If someone need a daughter, apprentice, etc I will be honered to create one ^^ I pefer elves most of time time, or half elves but If someone has a really good idea for me I can fill in :)
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

Welcome to all of our new players! :D

Please ask if you have any questions. Everyone's really very helpful in this community, especially to newer players. There's a lot to learn here -- the game itself, where to level up, how to stay alive, where RP happens, what is appropriate in RP, even the English language itself for some players (plus all the lore terms and slang). We all understand that there is a learning curve, and we are here to support you as you get comfortable playing on this server!
Escronimu

Unread post by Escronimu »

Hi. I got properly up-and-running on the weekend, and had a good ol' time with a bunch of adventurers : ) I have two quick questions:

* Loot protocol: how does this work in a party? I noticed eveyone seemed to take a turn to peer into chests. Do you just have a look and take what your character would use? What about the gold? What about loot dropped on the ground by fallen enemies?

* I noticed most players wrote their character's actions in blue text, but I couldn't figure out how to do this? I can select 'turn flavour text on' from the chat menu, but this doesn't seem to do anything...

Thanks!
Pimple
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Pimple »

Escronimu wrote:* Loot protocol: how does this work in a party? I noticed eveyone seemed to take a turn to peer into chests. Do you just have a look and take what your character would use? What about the gold? What about loot dropped on the ground by fallen enemies?

* I noticed most players wrote their character's actions in blue text, but I couldn't figure out how to do this? I can select 'turn flavour text on' from the chat menu, but this doesn't seem to do anything...
1) The reason people take turns is because the chests will spawn loot for every adventurer every six hours or so, in the moment they first open the chest. So if you open the chest before someone else is done looting, there can be some confusion.

2) If you turn on flavour text, and maybe save it from the same menu bar, any text surrounded by stars *like this* will turn blue, and text following /// or (( will be green.
"Your compassion is commendable, Dreadmarshall." -- Sirion Te'dwa, 1359 DR

Sirion Te'dwa - Shop
Escronimu

Unread post by Escronimu »

Yay, thanks!

So just to be clear: when there is a chest, every character gets their own bunch of loot? So I should just take all of it and give what I don't want to another character or sell it? Is that the same with ground loot?
Pimple
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Pimple »

Escronimu wrote:So just to be clear: when there is a chest, every character gets their own bunch of loot? So I should just take all of it and give what I don't want to another character or sell it? Is that the same with ground loot?
Or you could take just what you want and leave the rest. Others will be able to take it once it's there. It's not the same with loot from dead creatures; that doesn't drop a different pile for everyone.
"Your compassion is commendable, Dreadmarshall." -- Sirion Te'dwa, 1359 DR

Sirion Te'dwa - Shop
OVERCOVER

Unread post by OVERCOVER »

Hello! I'm OVERCOVER and pretty new to BGTSCC. Joined few days ago and I have been building a character called Elwynn Evergreen with help from some awesome community members who volunteered (Sun Wokong and Khazrak). She is a wood elf Ranger, or Strider as I like to call it who uses both her bow and two blades.

I am new to NWN2, Forgotten Realms & D&D in general so I had no idea how to create an efficient build. Thanks to them, however, I managed to make out something I enjoy. Anyway, been roleplaying for about 8-10 years throughout multiple games and I'd say I'm fairly good at it. I play other games too such as Divinity: Original Sin 2 which is an amazing game by the way, everybody who likes cRPGs should play it.

In my sparetime I like to level design, make music, videos, photography and stuff like that. Spent a lot of time in the DOS:2 Engine level designing and made a few pretty decent levels. Now I have started making stuff here on NWN2 as well and so far I've made a small little tavern I'm going to share in this forum. Anyway, that's pretty much it about me, hoping to have a great time here and looking forward to some great experiences with people here!
vindflickan

Unread post by vindflickan »

Hellooooooo!

I'm new to the server. I've been throwing a character together mentally for a little while since I saw this existed, but only just got around to actually making her and joining...last night my time, I think? Aradove Starglow a very out of her element priestess (Favored Soul) of Eldath who doesn't know at all what to make of a city or who to talk to or even why she's been getting continually pulled westward towards the Sword Coast.

Poor girl's rather battered though so I dumped most of her physical stats in favor of mental. No armor either as she was designed with older material in mind so that she looks and acts mostly like she should when her player isn't getting confused and depressed and making bad clicking decision. :D Yay for forgetting you made odd build choices!

I've been playing tabletop for ages, but most of the time in custom settings even if it was D&D so it is amusing to have an excuse to dive into Forgotten Realms lore for more than a few lines here or there to clarify things in the Baldur's Gate saga or the NWN games.

(ponders) As to me beyond that, I'm a freelance writer who spends a lot of her free time being a GM or a player in tabletop. Nothing is ever quite so pleasing as creating a new character and exploring who they are and where it will take them.

Hopefully my poor, confused priestess will run into a few people and we'll all have fun. :) She's just got to figure out where to do in Baldur's Gate to start getting her bearings and put her ear to the ground for people who need a healer.

((P.S. While my handle is technically Swedish, I am not. I simply was given a well-meaning nickname once and decided to keep it.))
Deathgrowl
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Deathgrowl »

Hullo, wind girl.
Laitae Lafreth, became Chosen of Mystra, former Great Reader of Candlekeep
Nëa the Little Shadow
Obahzk Elf-Skinner, Blackguard of Gruumsh and orcish war drummer

Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna
vindflickan

Unread post by vindflickan »

Hullo to you too, o person of VIKING NORWAY! :)
Arn

Unread post by Arn »

HELLO MI-LE'S NEW BEST FRIEND 0:)
Mi-Le (彌勒) - "Meditate, monks. Do not be negligent, lest you regret it later." ((-Saṃyutta Nikāya 35.146))
-Monk of the Old Order and the Way. Will not kill.
-[IC Journal]
-[Bio]

((Feel free to reach out to Mi-Le for forum RP!))

Wendi - Haggling crafter. [Bio]
Anatti
Meredith

Return to “Community”