I. Am. Back!

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Warath

I. Am. Back!

Unread post by Warath »

Hello BG:TSCC community!

New account, old player here. I started playing BG:TSCC back around 2007-2008 time frame for a good long while, when the Underdark was the highest level area in the game, the shadow dragon had the best loots, and drow priestesses made one cringe. The community was smaller then, server much smaller, and sometimes had a queue to get in.

At the time, my favorite character was a half-orc weaponmaster named Vurk Koll, who walked around Baldurs with his scythe and tower shield with one thing on his mind: stop the oppression. The racism on the server was rampant, and half-orcs were definitely shunned by most players. Sometimes spit on, insulted, ridiculed, and tormented by others. This bred a lot of dissension.

Vurk Koll met another half-orc stormcaller named Rikus, who shared in the same fate. The two teamed up, and began to recruit other neutral or evil adventurers to begin wreaking havoc on the world. Other adventurers were slaughtered, tormented, and missives were put up with bounties on our head. It was a fantastic time.

To all that remember this time, I bow to you.

I used that inspiration to write my first fantasy novel (unfortunately it's locked down by my old publisher, whom I had a falling out with... but still viewable on Amazon). Yes, Rikus is in the book, as is Vurk Koll and a couple others. I had such a blast writing the book, and playing BG:TSCC that it has become a part of me.

I remember the server waning, or my time, or both... and fell out from here. I left the community, which may have been a massive mistake. Every so often, I decide to take a look at where things are at, but never had the inclination to rejoin until most recently. A lot of my friends have been asking for me to write more D&D campaigns, and I'm currently working on a new novel series (and may need some inspiration here) and decided to take a look at where this server was at.

I am surprised, honored, and excited to see how much the community has grown in the last eight or nine years since I've been gone. So much so, that I decided to buy a new copy of the game, and start to push my friends to get copies as well to start playing. I am hoping to rejoin the community with a new slew of characters, and bring a new kind of life (although my rampant murdering days may be behind me) to the server.

Well met all, and I hope I see you in game!

~ Vrok Rish
Half-Orc Weaponmaster
Planehopper
Lead Moderator

Re: I. Am. Back!

Unread post by Planehopper »

Hey welcome back. I may remember your character. I was Broham2 at the time and played a very racist/judgmental sun elf, Valenthel Wyndsoul. Valenthel and Dallenthel were the spearhead of anti-drow sentiment, stirring to life the 'Tolerance is Treason' campaign, and making sure that tieflings and half-orcs were treated like the savage beasts they are. Lol.

I recall some RP and PvP, and have been trying to find a reference to Vurk on the old proboard forums. I think I wrote up an encounter once, but cant find it.

Anyhow, as one old hack to another, welcome back to the server.
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Player Housing Guidelines

View-Intention-Speech-Action-Livelihood-Effort-Mindfulness-Concentration
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

Hi, I don't know you I am new around these parts. But warm wishes and happy xp hunting :)
AKA Dae-Glyth
Discord: Dae-Glyth#1759
Warath

Unread post by Warath »

Planehopper wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:03 pm Hey welcome back. I may remember your character. I was Broham2 at the time and played a very racist/judgmental sun elf, Valenthel Wyndsoul. Valenthel and Dallenthel were the spearhead of anti-drow sentiment, stirring to life the 'Tolerance is Treason' campaign, and making sure that tieflings and half-orcs were treated like the savage beasts they are. Lol.

I recall some RP and PvP, and have been trying to find a reference to Vurk on the old proboard forums. I think I wrote up an encounter once, but cant find it.

Anyhow, as one old hack to another, welcome back to the server.
This sounds very familiar, especially Valenthel.

I did a look through as well, and there used to be a couple links (I had a very long post on the proboards from Vurk Koll stating intentions). I guess those were taken down, or archived? It would be about a 9 year old post.
Rask
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Rask »

Oh hello again and welcome back ! Good to see a fellow old-timey player. ;)
Rennec Rokranon, Chosen of Helm, Retired for now
Isra Wynterborne, Necromancer Hunter
Rask, The Lich, Retired
S.Ravenpath, collector an author of tall tales.
Nathka Blacksand - Khazark of the Enclave
Richter Bedevere - The Reveler and enjoyer of fine wines
Mythic Revenant

Unread post by Mythic Revenant »

Hey! Welcome back! I'm super new myself (literally joined the other week) and have been having such an amazing time. All that I ask is that if you use Artorias in one of your books please let me know so I can have bragging rights. ^_^ Can't wait to throw in some RP with you!
Artorias Withermore - The Portends of an Archmage

Hanzo Nakamura - Samurai of the Nakamura Clan

Return to “Community”