Games played with one hand

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Max Hatchet

Games played with one hand

Unread post by Max Hatchet »

i have an inflamed ligament at the tip of left elbow from RSI from continuous key depression from gaming :(

so im looking for games that are mouse control, minor keyboard only... NWN2 is not too bad... EVE Online is great

does anyone have any suggestions for good games? its basically games that dont use WASD... or that use click to move...

any of these wishlist ones for example?
Alien Isolation
Beyond Two Souls
Skyrim
Outer Wilds
Crying Suns
Disco Elysium
Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice
Djaimin Shadowcat - Soft hearted archer of Shevarash
Lyra - Necromancer-Archmage of the Sshamath School of Necromancy
Scorpia Lux - Apprentice Enchanter of the Thayan Enclave
c2k

Re: Games played with one hand

Unread post by c2k »

Skyrim is a WASD game. Anything with a FPS setup will require WASD, because of the nature of the game.

Most RTS games, if you choose to play non-PvP, can be played with 80-90% mouse control. RPG wise, assuming its true the original game, BG3 should be doable, especially if you can pause and plan out actions like you could do in the other games of the genre.
Young Werther

Unread post by Young Werther »

You can get a foot pedal and bind controls you'd use your left hand for to the actions on the pedal. Then when your left arm is better you have another even more options for control.
Lockonnow wrote:greatest fear like the movie Hellraiser they show you what you most fear and take a Image of IT
Zanniej
Barn manager

Unread post by Zanniej »

I'm enjoying the time I spend on Prison Architect. It's a different type of game than this though ;-)

Can be played almost entirely with the mouse only. Perhaps the occasional keyboard click to rotate stuff. But you can also pause it, so you can take your time.

An RPG that is mainly point and click, with 0 action, is Disco Elysium. The storytelling of that game is completely awesome, and if my memory serves me correctly, it's another game that doesn't really need a keyboard, and something you can take your time with.

Those are both games you can spend a lot of time on! :-P

After a second read, I see you listed Disco Elysium. GO GET IT! RIGHT AWAY! IT IS LIFE! <:D
Zanniej
(Zahn-nie)
Barn Manager: We do not have a barn, nor anyone in there to manage... yet here I am!
Server Owner & former Global Admin. Still always around (and still playing), but not as involved.
Keeping a close eye on the Server Finances.
yyj

Unread post by yyj »

The original Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 are good if you play with auto pause, you only need to use one hand.

And I send you my best wishes hoping that your arm gets better soon.
SpookySkeleton

Unread post by SpookySkeleton »

Torchlight, maybe? Could get into a grand strategy, crusader kings 2 is free to play. Pretty much all grand strategies can be paused or are turn based so you can click through the many menus all night without the need for hotkeys.
Lys Beskytte - Sorceress

Laila - Adeptus Deathbringer, Harbinger of the Undeath, Temple of All Seeing Eyes
c2k

Unread post by c2k »

If you want a game like Torchlight/Diablo, I highly recommend Path of Exile. They constantly update that game with new content and its F2P.
Max Hatchet

Unread post by Max Hatchet »

Thanks for the suggestions!
Djaimin Shadowcat - Soft hearted archer of Shevarash
Lyra - Necromancer-Archmage of the Sshamath School of Necromancy
Scorpia Lux - Apprentice Enchanter of the Thayan Enclave
Empoweredfan

Unread post by Empoweredfan »

Crypt of the necrodancer. Just about any point and click adventure game.
Nawiel: Stubborn woodpecker from the deep.
- "Responsibility is a curse, importance, an illusion."

Deleniel Vanaer: Wood Elven Sor. . . cook.

If you put your foot in your mouth. . . don't start walking. . .
Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

Crusader Kings 3.

Just bind pause to some mouse button and you're good.
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
zhazz

Unread post by zhazz »

Oxygen Not Included is a game you can play with just the mouse as well. Survival management game, where you have to stay on top of things, or it gets out of hand quite quickly.

Otherwise any of the Civilization games should also fit your requirements.
Adrian Baker - An innocent virtuoso (bio | journal)
Relyth Ravan'Thala - Bear of an Elf
Timothy Daleson - Paladin Wand Maker
Duncan Matsirani - A wanderer
Rad-Icarus
Custom Content

Unread post by Rad-Icarus »

Dawn of Man - a prehistoric village simulator can be completely controlled with mouse. There are occasional keyboard taps required for aligning the buildings, and most of that is largely cosmetic and can be done while the game is paused.

Everything else can be controlled by mouse.

Also, get a "gaming" or multi-button mouse so you can bind a few of the most repetitive functions to the additional keys.
concerttim

Unread post by concerttim »

Frankly speaking, I don't know such games. After all, I'm a big fan of Diablo 2. Special attention should be paid to the music for this game by composer Matt Uelmen. It is so hopelessly dark, terrifying and mysterious that it still causes goosebumps. Here, listen and see for yourself. I will tell you a few of my memories related to this game. In the noughties, Diablo II was on everyone's lips, it seemed. I remember that I often recommended to classmates how to kill monsters more efficiently. And I also remember someone on the radio saying "hello" to his level 64 paladin. At that time, my brother and I were very surprised, because such a level seemed very high to us. But then I was very happy that I was able to upgrade the hero to level 88 and be cooler than that paladin. Learn more about this game using yesgamers.com .
Last edited by concerttim on Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
blazerules
Recognized Donor

Unread post by blazerules »

Rimworld, cities skylines. Any paradox grand strategy really.
Hullack
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Hullack »

Into the Breach is a fun little turn based strategy which tactical but not overly complicated.
Jak Dimburrow : House Vale (Character Biography/Journal)
Playtimes: 7:30 PM - 11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) / UTC/GMT -5
Items Wanted and Offered in Exchange

Return to “Community”