DM training?

Off-Topic Community Conversations and Discussions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

yyj

DM training?

Unread post by yyj »

Hello I don't know if we are allowed to ask this about the secretive and mysterious DMs but I wanted to know exactly what training is given.

Is it an intensive course about dungeon master guide, Faerun/server lore, story building and DM client use?

How is it structured and what are the parameters needed for advancing someone to full DM from ADM for example?

Are there any documents or something written? I am very curious how this all works.

Cheers.
Xorena

Re: DM training?

Unread post by Xorena »

If it does not already please train DMs in how to use DaBest (Database Event Saving Tool).

You could even set up a training module with it to help DMs understand how to work with monsters. The recent update also allows DMs to save placeables as well.
Eroica Hersbrucker, dungeon scout and hired blade

Helpful references:
Complete arcane spell list.
Ghost
Global Admin

Re: DM training?

Unread post by Ghost »

Xorena wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:52 pm If it does not already please train DMs in how to use DaBest (Database Event Saving Tool).

You could even set up a training module with it to help DMs understand how to work with monsters. The recent update also allows DMs to save placeables as well.
It's not the first tool we teach new ADMs, as there's a lot to learn and making good use of it requires some experience with the basics of the DM client. But we do make sure they learn it relatively soon, as it really helps when running series of events. It is truly a fantastic tool.

Return to “Community”