First Name: Aaron
Last Name: Lyonaler
Weight: 220 lbs
Eyes: Ocean Blue
Hair: Raven Black, Tousled
Facial Hair Style: No facial hair, Unless he has been in the field for days
Scent: Most often smells of a mixture of citrus, cypress, verbena, tarragon, and coriander (He essentially wears Issey Myake colgone)
Equipment: His armor, sword, and shield are kept in pristine condition and maintenance
General Health: Exceptional
Deity: Red Knight
Profession: Tactician/Strategist, Grand Knight within the Order of the Radiant Heart, Advisor to Duke Eltan
Base Class & Proposed Development: Favored Soul 26, 4 Paladin
Habits/Hobbies: Creating and improving on stratagems, Advising the Council of Four, Horseback ridding, Chess and other games of strategy, Altruism, Swordplay
Languages: Common, Elven, Celestial
Weapon of Choice: His Longsword 'Bastion of Light'
Aaron hails from the port City-State of Baldur's Gate. His family's estate a half a days ride from the city gates, along the coast. The son of Marcus Lyonaler, he was the heir to the Whitelyon shipping Company. Born the only son to Captain Marcus and Lady Elise Lyonaler, his future seemed set that he would one day take to the business and the seas, as his father had.
While his father was in port, Aaron would spend his time playing games with him. Lanceboard was among their favorites. While his father was away at sea, Aaron would sit by the ocean and imagine great battles against pirates his father might be fighting in, and one day he might as well.
At the age of twelve Aaron finally bested his father in the game of Lanceboard. Pleased, his father tipped over his King piece. As the chess piece struck the board Aaron blacked out. He then realized he was on a large chess board, surrounded by massive game pieces moving about as if on their own. In the vision he saw and heard many things that he was forbidden to discuss. When he awoke from the dream his father was standing over him as he lie in his bed. In Aaron's hand was a red colored knight chess piece, with diamonds in the eye sockets, that had not been there before.
On his thirteenth birthday he was accepted by a mentor within the walls of Baldur's Gate. During his tenure he was taught strategy, swordsmanship, horseback ridding, reading, writing, etiquette, and other focuses.
Initially, he sought to take up the cloth in the Temple of Tempus, becoming a warrior priest. Though, he often found himself failing to understand and recite the prayers properly. The rituals felt empty to him and he found himself lagging behind his colleagues in the Temple. As his studies progressed he was visited with additional visions from the Red Knight, and soon realized an innate ability to call on blessings from the Red Knight to aid himself and others.
On his Sixteenth birthday Aaron returned to the home of his parents. There he found his home in shambles, his mother and father dead. No signs pointed to who was responsible, though reports of pirates had been confirmed in the area. After burying his parents, Aaron returned to his home in Baldur's Gate and completed his training.
At the age of eighteen Aaron was noticed by and extended an offer to join with the Red Falcon mercenary company. After spending a couple of years traveling, battling, and studying with the mercenary group Aaron longed for his home of Baldur's Gate, to which he returned.
After returning to Baldur's Gate, Aaron was accepted as a Squire within the Order of the Silver Rose. The young knight spent a few years among the Order, eventually coming to the position of Knight Commander for a time. After stepping down, he felt a bit lost and struggled to find a place to belong. He was approached by his long time friend Ameris Santraeger and offered a position within the Order of the Lions, helping to care for and teach orphaned children staying in Pathfinder Hall.
Aaron then took an oath of service to the Council of Four and to the city he loves, serving as a dedicated protector of the people. He was later approached by Lord Al'Maire and asked to joined with the Order of the Radiant Heart, where he now serves as Grand Knight.
1) To increase the safety of Baldur's Gate and its environs
2) To hone his tactical skills and his skills with the sword, to some day master them both
3) To spread the word of the unknown god The Red Knight with those he meets
4) To be found worthy to receive additional visions and guidance from Red Knight
5) To prove himself of the honors he has received within the Order of the Radiant Heart.
6) Garner greater standing within Baldur's Gate and the Council of Four, To become titled in the city he loves and is dedicated to
8) Locate the Philosopher's Stone and present it to the Dukes (In Progress)
Possible Plot-Hook Ideas and Misc Facts:
1) Aaron does not know exactly who killed his parents, though he suspects pirates
2) Is involved in the Court of Baldur's Gate and wishes to increase his standing
3) He wishes to spread knowledge of the unknown god, The Red Knight.
4) On occasion sees visions granted by Red Knight with instructions.
5) The Red Knight chess piece that hangs from his neck, also his holy symbol, is of the utmost importance to him.
6) Lamazeeza, the Herald of the Steel Tower, has been trying to sway and recruit him to join the devil army, unsuccessfully. (Possible this is plot is unable to be furthered)