(LBE) Edelgarde - Gleam of the Firefly

Your characters' general information and background/origin should go here.

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Almarea90
Forum Moderator

Re: (LBE) Edelgarde - Gleam of the Firefly

Unread post by Almarea90 »

18. A Game of Smoke and Mirrors

It is nothing new amongst mortals- to think themselves above life and death or gods themselves.

Sadly... power does not often match with wisdom. I have seen many who the more power they gain the more they feel powerless. And they eventually will clash with something they can't solve. Skipping the part where one realize and accepts their own powerlessness is a dangerous ride.

Indeed. You have been taught well.

I realized my own many times. There is no strength without weakness.

Theirs is a great place in his house. Tyr and Torm, similarly, do not allow for their followers to return. Not without a good reason. Do you understand what I mean to say, by now?

That they are trying to save them when they don't need saving?

Precisely. Their existence is in a paradise, right now. Or will be, once this mess is over.

Death it is hard to accept. I know it... So it is easy to see it as an ailment to be cured by those who remain. When in fact... it is ailing us. Not death itself but loss.

I myself feel pangs of sorrow when my priests meet untimely end...

I know it's different but... I had a student for a time. She is now part of the Black Network... You know this already but... I keep wondering if I could have avoided it. I had hoped I could teach her not just magic. But acceptance of our own weakness. That power is often a game of smoke and mirrors. As there will ultimately be something or someone stronger than us.

One philosopher once suggested that those devoted to evil are, in fact, the weakest of willpower and inner strength. Because they are unable to resist the call of the lust for power.

I guess I too am guilty too of trying to sort things beyond my power and control. Powerlessness is hard to admit. It's painful.

...Walk with my blessing, Guide Edelgarde...

//Bio updated: personality profile updated (about time), added ToT development to background section, deities updated.
Edelgarde Spades - Guide of Candlekeep and Deneirrath priest, still a Disney princess in the wrong tale.

Gleam of the Firefly - In your darkest hour, look for the firefly

Auntie Ed's Wands(TM): Saving the Coast one Protection from Evil at time.

Candlekeep Public Collection Reference

Return to “Character Biographies”