Rumors of Greenest & The Uldoon Trail

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

AgentOrange

Re: Rumors of Greenest & The Uldoon Trail

Unread post by AgentOrange »

A day after the hard-won victory at Dragonspear Castle, two known Zhents who partook in the campaign enjoyed their first breath of peace for a long time by taking turns flying a kite inside the idyllic village.
.:Marietta Thairo:. Faithful of Bane. Greenest resident. Bad girl, kind of. Still hell on heels.
Freedom will not bring a better tomorrow.

BDobolina

Unread post by BDobolina »

After battling back a tribe of rampaging orcs, and relieved to hear word that the looming threat of devils is all but passed, the throng of Rocky Creek folk in and near Greenest are once again bustling.

Rumors seem to vary; some are certain they heard a wainwright had been hired, and that wagons and caravans would be built, others that Rocky Creek is putting down roots in the community, building out some sort of permanent structure, while still others speculate that this is all just a part of another trade with a local community.
Jackard Marks - Waukeenar Merchant of Tethyr - "The bold find the gold, the careful keep it - and the timid yield it up."

LazyTrain
Lead Builder

Unread post by LazyTrain »

Rumor has it that Greenest was besieged by gnolls during a trade negotiation sponsored by Rocky Creek Trading Company, but they were soundly sent packing by the inhabitants with the help from some foreign, scaly friends.

Unfortunately, that makes two gates in the span of thirty days that Greenest has lost, prompting the small hamlet to consider both a sturdier gate, and maybe a militia.
Sink Baldur's Gate.

Generally what I say is just my opinion and does not reflect the staff,

Unless it's purple, then it's my official statement as a Dev.

BDobolina

Those that frequent Greenest may have felt a steady buzz of activity of late, with Rocky Creek Trade Company not only busy in trade with what can only be described as a tribe of lizardfolk, but also measuring and surveying land adjacent to Greenest's walls.

A white-haired retainer, walking slowly and with the aid of staff, was seen measuring distances, assigning folk to dig holes, and muttering what may have been curse words at one point as he crumpled the soil through his hand. Their stores of lumber and stone continue to build, only somewhat depleted when forced to construct two new gates for the hamlet, and yet again when wagons were sent off toward the West. Building materials and supplies seem poised to construct what is said will be a permanent structure for the company, a way-stop and wainwright's wagon yard. Short bursts of magic are seen over the walls, and the folk generally assigned to loading wagons have been now reassigned, everyone doing their part to move things forward.
Jackard Marks - Waukeenar Merchant of Tethyr - "The bold find the gold, the careful keep it - and the timid yield it up."

electric mayhem

Unread post by electric mayhem »

A halfling woman, dressed in purple and maroon finery can be seen meeting with Orniff in the Greenest Inn. Those paying close attention would note that a lengthy business-like chat was had before the pair would shake hands and part amicably.

A tenday would pass or thereabouts, and the Clarity Cellars entourage would be noted to say their farewells to Orniff and the other folk they've spent time with as their business commitments have been dealt with for now, and they head back North to Beregost.
Last edited by electric mayhem on Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

~Claret - Proprietor of Clarity Cellars.
~Wouveir - Hellstorm Crew
~Adolamin Marblerune - Arcane Engineer and Lorekeeper citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak. [His Story]
~Harrison Remillard - Morninglord of the Song of the Morning Temple.

Roofshadow

Unread post by Roofshadow »

Rumor has it that a familiar ginger-haired half-elf was seen carried into Greenest by her usual traveling companion, both bearing bloodied wounds and torn armor, though the former was unmoving. A local healer was called in, but the agent of Rocky Creek looked unlikely to be back on her feet any time soon. Some talk of ogres, war, and lizardfolk friends might suggest the reason why.
Lyra Roofshadow - Roguish Locksmith
Rowan Quinn - Medic & Druid

BDobolina

At least two traveling bards have been spotted in Greenest of late, meeting with Jackard Marks of Rocky Creek Trade Company. One could assume this relates to the recent fliers distributed, seeking to purchase musical scores and sheet music. A mighty sum of gold was transferred in one case, a sack of gems in the other.

Trade continues to blossom in Greenest.

BDobolina

A month later, and progress toward Rocky Creek's caravan way-stop is evident. Jackard may be overheard complaining about trade routes being delayed and profits being blown, but at the end of the day the mood is cheerful and full of hope. The workers of Rocky Creek have done well.

It may be heard that the building itself has been mentioned as 'Hammer Hall' in conversation, in jest at first, but with more regular use it has stuck a bit in the company's vernacular. Why they call it that, or whether it will stick, is not commonly known.

VDub

Unread post by VDub »

Within the tavern in Greenest sat the Luckbringer. Before him his bejeweled cup and a half finished bottle of Wyvern Whiskey on the table. He smiled as he watched the locals come in and out, being met by Orniff as they ordered their fill in his food and drink.

As the day withered away into night a Tuigan woman entered through the doors and brushed off the road dust at the entrance. As she looked about the tavern with her russet brown eyes, a voice called out to her.

“Suul?”

Solomon offered the seat across from him with a wide smile, while the woman offered a stern nod as she stepped from the door to the table. The Luck priest poured himself another cup of whiskey, offering his old friend something to drink. With a quick shake of her head, he opted to not push any further.

The two sat conversing for sometime. Stories shared of the time spent since last their eyes fell upon each other. With lowered voices, there was an exchange of something small, something precious. Within the bustle of the tavern the moment seemed to slow as the Luckbringer realized what was shown to him. The “Luck Coin” gifted to her many, many months ago. Now dented and misshapen.

With a prayer whispered by the cleric, a soft glow coalesced within his folded hands as he held the coin. Upon opening his hands a restored coin sat in his palm. With a smile, he slid his free hand to her across the table. With a bit of reluctance, she offered a hand to him. Her eyes ever watchful. Placing the coin in her hand, Solomon curled her fingers over to hold the coin. Holding her hand in his own, he whispered a prayer to She Who Smiles.

“Lady Luck, please smile upon us now as I bless this coin with your favor. Wash over Suul with your divine glory. Keep her always on the side of the odds. Stay with her when she feels all luck has rinsed away. Bestow upon her your luck, when she needs it most. I ask this of you, Luck Maiden.”

Upon completion of the prayer the Luckbringer sat back in his chair with a smile. The Tuigan archer recoiled from the divine energy that coursed through his hands to hers. Solomon, noticing the reaction chose not to address it.

The two continued to talk for a time before goodbyes where said. He watched as his old friend left the inn. The Luckbringer sat in silence for a time before retiring to a room for the evening. Before sleep took him his once again spoke a soft prayer for his friend Suul.

Tholgur Steelsworn- "Ye want me'ta put a few bolts in 'im?"
Merissa Alanadel ~ Oblivious elf
Teeka Skreel ~ Bashful Brimstone
Solomon, Luckbringer of Tymora ~ A copper to the Lady, returns tenfold in gold!!
Elvish vowels = A E I O U and every single time Y.

Jen Joy

Unread post by Jen Joy »

During an evening, two figures sit by the Public Fire of Greenest. The woman, seen earlier fishing by the waterfall, is observed cooking a meal of soup from local produce and trout caught earlier.

The two appear to converse by the fire well into the night. The rest of the soup, whatever remains, is offered to any of the residents happening to pass by.

LazyTrain
Lead Builder

As the day draws to a close and the night approaches, Maelis is seen doing a set of errands for the Chauntea Temple in Greenest. Though none of the tasks seem to have much to do with the other, he treats each one as importantly as the last, be it delivering sacks of seeds, carrying equipment up the hills, returning borrowed or damaged tools, or otherwise just tending to the gardens indoors.

Maelis has taken the liberty of sharing vocal invitations to the temple to several residents of Greenest, offering aid to those stricken by the war lately. The recently refurbished temple being the host for the man's attempts at sharing the good fortune.
Sink Baldur's Gate.

BDobolina

Having heard word of the upcoming Greengrass festival, Jackard smiles. He sends one courier out toward the nearby farmholds, and another to the copse of trees near the village itself. They both carry a similar message for 'The Druid of Greenest' (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=20024&p=852647).

Iolana,

I am certain that you've been made aware of the upcoming Greengrass festival, and assume that our Lady, the Queen Dharva, expects your presence. It is my purpose to extend to you the full resources of Rocky Creek Trade Company, should you need them, for your participation in such affairs.

Your aid and assistance of the village and her people, as well as our company, will not soon be forgotten.

Yours in Peace,
Jackard Marks, and all of Rocky Creek Trade Company

LivT
Custom Content

Unread post by LivT »

BDobolina wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:08 pm
Having heard word of the upcoming Greengrass festival, Jackard smiles. He sends one courier out toward the nearby farmholds, and another to the copse of trees near the village itself. They both carry a similar message for 'The Druid of Greenest' (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=20024&p=852647).

Iolana,

I am certain that you've been made aware of the upcoming Greengrass festival, and assume that our Lady, the Queen Dharva, expects your presence. It is my purpose to extend to you the full resources of Rocky Creek Trade Company, should you need them, for your participation in such affairs.

Your aid and assistance of the village and her people, as well as our company, will not soon be forgotten.

Yours in Peace,
Jackard Marks, and all of Rocky Creek Trade Company

Some time later, a reply is left at Greenest:

Dear Jackard,

I have contacted the clergy of Chauntea and offered any assistance for this celebration, and of course, this offer extends to Rocky Creek. I am certain your company will be kept busy with the towns preparations; we can help ach other out, as we ever have.

Please reassure Queen Dharva that expectations will be readily met. There are also many in the Elder Circle who look forward to this event with great anticipation.

Eldath’s peace be with you,

Iolanna

In the following days, Iolanna may be seen a little more around the town of Greenest rather than roaming the surrounding wilds, helping with seed gathering, aiding the Rocky Creek Trade Company and other merchants along the Uldoon trail, and leaving foraged supplies at the Temple of Chauntea.
Iolana Arele, Druid of Greenest

CooCooCachoo

Unread post by CooCooCachoo »

Sarisay makes a point to frequent the trail in the coming days. She surveys the wildlife, the plants, and the balance of predator and prey. After gathering samples and culling the overpopulation of Gnoll-like creatures there, she could be found in Greenrest proper. There she would fish, allowing the locals to come to know her and approach her with ease. For any children that approached a drawing would be produced of their favorite animal to take home with them. If there is work to be done to prepare and decorate for the coming celebration, she offers assistance.

LazyTrain
Lead Builder

The Chauntean Temple, while busy with the preparations, still takes the time to leave updates on the board near Greenest specifically for those who have been helping the area lately. It seems like preparation, with the help of the locals who are either helping the people or helping the temple directly, is going much smoother than expected. Food stores are full to the brim and anything that isn't able to be put to direct use is given out to the people or anybody who may need it.
We at the temple thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for the overwhelming support we're received in such a short amount of time. Our preparations for Greengrass have gone so well we're practically ready for it a full almost two weeks ahead of schedule! With this free time we'll be preparing some extra aid for those in the local area, and whatever is left over will be sent to the neighboring small villages and towns alike.

We look forward to getting to see everyone, and getting to meet our neighbors in Greenest properly.

Maelis Warren.

OOC EDIT: ((Thank you guys for the support both OOC and IC! I'm making sure to document every little thing that folks do to help in game and in the rumors if you can't be on to RP in game. You have all been witnessed!))
Sink Baldur's Gate.