House Darius RP

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Winterborne

House Darius RP

Unread post by Winterborne »

House Darius
A Merchant Company and Noble House of Baldur's Gate
Mission Statement: House Darius is a family owned and operated business dealing in: 1) the production and sale of our own goods (including Fish caught with our ships, Dyes, Lamp Oil, and bespoke Silk garments) 2) the acquisition of rare magical items whether through exploration or negotiation with other merchants, and 3) the import and export of goods and services across the Sword Coast. Through the bonds of family and determination we strive to earn profit for each other and better the economy of Baldur’s Gate and the Sword Coast through upstanding dealings and business arrangements as well as providing a profitable environment for potential contractors working with the House. We strive to support the City of Baldur's Gate through bringing coin to the city and supporting the Dukes with our work.

Base of Operations: Baldur’s Gate. The Darius Estate in the East Gate District, near the Wide, at our Tavern known as the Lewd Lyre.

Internal Structure
Present Leadership:
Lord Luke Darius (OrangeOrange/flipside43) - Our Lord and chief advisor
Steward Nathan Goldenmane (Winterborne) - Head of Business and manager of House Affairs. Acting Company leader.
Oth Neren (Hoital) - Chamberlain - Ensures House members have everything they need, handles internal requests.
Carah Evenwood (kersplunk) - Chandler - Handles House Affairs in Court assisting Lord Darius, Manages the Tavern and Hosts House Events.
Internal Positions:
Entertainment Director
Hires entertainers, plans events and parties.
- Currently Vacant! -

Tavern Manager and Public Affairs Officer
The face of the House, advertising events, creating Flyers, assists in business negotiations. Manages the Lyre.
Carah Evenwood (kersplunk)

House Engineer
Designs and builds equipment to support the House's business ventures and special projects (wartime or otherwise).
Cicero Foil (Fire Wolf)

Complaints Department
Exactly what it sounds like.
Ringo Darius (Grendunor)

Beyond these specific positions, there are a number of House Agents and general Contractors that work for the House.

Employment Opportunities:
The House is often looking for trusted hands with capable skills in adventuring, seafaring, and / or courier services. Skill with instrument or song is encouraged. Must not be a prude. Must have a sense of humor and be able to take a ribbing, thin skin need not apply. Although drinking is not a prerequisite, it is highly encouraged. Liquor is an occupational hazard. Regardless of your skillset, it is likely we will be able to find work for you.

Presently, in addition to general hiring, we are additionally looking for people with natural acumen to care for plants and animals, and an enthusiastic performer to organize shows, fundraisers and events to be held upon our stage.

House Rules:

1) The House is an organization that has Fealty to the Grand Dukes of Baldur's Gate due to the status of nobility of our Lord. As such, all members are expected to obey the laws of the city and any Ducal decrees. Underhanded business dealings and other illegal activities are not tolerated.

2) Members should go out of their way to not make trouble for the House. Disagreements and conflicts - whether they are personal or between organizations - are fine, so long as they do not interfere with business.

3) Regarding violence between members, as liquor is a hazard of employment, we expect the occasional barfight may erupt to settle interpersonal grievances. No hitting in the face, and no permanent injury.
Last edited by Winterborne on Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
Nathan Goldenmane - Guardian of Ilmater's Sanctuary, Mercy's Blade

Steward and Head of Business, House Darius -
flipside43

Re: Darius Holding Company RP

Unread post by flipside43 »

Luke can be spotted around the Elfsong as of late, with a pile of papers. Some of them neatly hand written, others not so much, some even wine stained. He has meetings with his family, sometimes on or two, sometimes several at a time. Generally in the larger meetings much merriment can be heard.
Luke Darius - Clansman of House Darius, Noble of Baldur's Gate
Aspx

Unread post by Aspx »

Marcus has been seen in and around the Gate. Picking up sea charts and weather charts from the great library and checking in at the Merchant League and Commercial Exchange to see if they have any cargo that needs to be moved, and any leads on business or cities that need trade moved by sea.
flipside43

At what first appears to be a very elaborate and early day tavern crawl, Luke can be seen travelling through the various inns and taverns of Baldur's Gate meeting with various colorful contacts. He is easily overheard that he is helping to facilitate the sale of a very rare and powerful archery belt for a client, one the bard himself speaks in awe of. He leaves his contact at the Elfsong should anyone find any interest through word of mouth.
Progressive-Psy

Unread post by Progressive-Psy »

Its afternoon and Fingal Darius is on his way to Elfsong he got his lute and his bottle of whiskey and a bright smile on his face, his steps seem happy and he is humming a tune while he walks.. He walks by a woman, and tips his hat to her "Hello" he says with a smile to the woman before passing her. Fingal cant help but turn and give her the stare on her behind, he is a young lad after all! "Nice" he says to him self and smiles even bigger!

When he arrives at the Elfsong he talks a bit with the bartender and sits down at a table, he looks around seeing no one there and this saddens Fingal.. "Why is this lovely place empty" he says to him self.. "I know what to do" He says with a smile and finds his lute.. He then starts playing and singing at tavern. The young lad stops from time to time to drink from his bottle of whiskey.. He then stops playing and clears his throat. "To those who may listen" He says "I am Fingal Darius, proud co-owner of Darius Holding Company.. We trade, recover and help YOU find the items you are looking for!" He then takes his bottle and drinks from it smiling!

He again grabs his lute and starts playing and singing..

Would you believe
In a night like this?
A night like this
When visions come true
Would you believe
In a tale like this?
A lay of bliss
We're praising the old lore
Come to the blazing fire and
See me in the Shadows
See me in the Shadows

He grabs his bottle and raises it! "Cheers" He yells and continues his playing!

Songs I will sing
Of runes and rings
Just hand me my harp
And this night
Turns into myth
Nothing seems real
You soon will feel
The World we live in
Is another skald's
Dream in the shadows
Dream in the shadows

He stops his playing to smile to a by-passing woman.

Do you believe
There is sense in it
Is it truth or myth?
They're one in my rhymes
Nobody knows
The meaning behind
The weaver's line
Well nobody else
But the Norns can
See through
The blazing fires of time and
All things will proceed as the
Child of the hallowed
Will speak to you now
See me in the Shadows
See me in the Shadows

He stops singing, and looks at his bottle after grabbing it! "Its empty! A new one please Lady Bartender!

Songs I will sing
Of tribes and kings
The carrion bird
And the hall of the slain
Nothing seems real
You soon will feel
The World we live in
Is another skald's
Dream in the shadows
Dream in the shadows

His eyes goes to another woman that walks past the bar, he cant help but look at her behind with a huge smile!

Do not fear for my reason
There's nothing to hide
How bitter your treason
How bitter the lie
Remember the runes
And remember the light
All I ever want
Is to be at you side
We gladden the raven
Now I will
Run through the blazing fires
That's my choice
Cause things
Shall proceed as foreseen!

Fingal does a dramatic spin and throws his hat into the air and catches it again!

Fingal Darius.
Retired to Waterdeep with his wife - Might visit.

GMT +2
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

Breaking the news...
Salaria: "You found me" she grins
Adam Rivers: "Of course I did. What do you take me for?" * says playfully *
Salaria: she snickers "I have a proposition for you. Could be lucrative"
Adam Rivers: "Does it involve gold? Or something else?"
Salaria: she grins "It does. my so called brothers want to start a company. trading.. transporting.. "aquiring" goods"
Adam Rivers: "Ah that kind of company and... wait.. You have brothers?
Salaria: "oh yeah by the way .. the Darius idiots are my brothers" she rolls her eyes
Adam Rivers: "Since when?" grins "You never talked to me about them"
Salaria: "since our father is a (germbag). Its not something i'm proud of. seems he knocked my mother up in athkatla while he was there.. doing who knows what "
Adam Rivers: "Are your brothers and you close? And do they know about me... about us?"
Salaria: "well... if you mean do i want to cut them.. then yes. I told them i wont join their band of merry idiots without my lover" she grins "that would be you"
Adam Rivers: "Good, i hope there is noone else"
Salaria: "so yes they know about you and all said they're good with it"
Adam Rivers: "How did your brothers take it?"
Salaria: she snickers "they want to meet you"
Adam Rivers: I want to meet them as well
Salaria: "Marcus has a ship, or at least he is running a ship .. he wants us to buy our own ship . You been sailing before right?"
Adam Rivers: I have, yes
Salaria: "oh and uh.. before he rats me out.. here's your half of the retaining fee.. "
Adam Rivers: What is this gold for again?
Salaria: "just an incentive to prove they're not bullshitting us. money talks" she grins
Adam Rivers: "How about we go make some gold then?"
Salaria: "i'm all in on that. oh one thing...."
Adam Rivers: "What?"
Salaria: "never... ever take their side if they are teasing me... "
Adam Rivers: "Oh. I ll keep that in mind"
Salaria: "we're just getting to know each other so it would look pretty bad"
Adam Rivers: "lets go make some gold"
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
LISA100595
Retired Staff

Unread post by LISA100595 »

*Several signs are posted on the stall for the Darius Mercantile Exchange*
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Aspx

Unread post by Aspx »

Marcus sits in Darius Holding Company's temporary offices and writes up a few reports, updating inventory and recording sales in the ledger.

"Who knew there would be so much paper work....at least I can drink at work being my own boss" *smiles and he takes a long drink of the dark rum sitting beside him on the desk.

He then records his daily report recording income and where it came from.
flipside43

Luke would leave word for the Family at their office as well as pass along a note at the Elfsong.
Everyone,

We should arrange a family meeting in the next day or two. Please reach out to me so I know if you can attend and I will let you know where we shall meet. Drinks will be on me of course.

-Luke
Progressive-Psy

Unread post by Progressive-Psy »

*Fingal leaves a note saying*

"When ever you wanna do it, I will be there."
Fingal Darius.
Retired to Waterdeep with his wife - Might visit.

GMT +2
TeoDeathDealer

Unread post by TeoDeathDealer »

I will have to review my very busy personal schedule and have my people get with your people to work out a place and time suited to my liking (that means any place they serve ale).
TeoDeathDealer
Teo, What lies beneath is hidden for a reason
Angel, Swabby and cook for the DragonWing
Missy, Knight General of the Order of the Rose
Lea Littlefoot, Knight in training and ranger of the Order
Jerel, The eyes are indeed a window to the soul
Bassman

Unread post by Bassman »

Aye , time and place, I'll be there.
LISA100595
Retired Staff

Unread post by LISA100595 »

Yep *she nods firmly* have the rum ready.
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
flipside43

Luke leaves word again.

"Just past sunset tomorrow then, Helm and Cloak.

-Luke"

///1:00 AM GMT / 8:00 PM EST tomorrow
Bassman

Unread post by Bassman »

*Josh receives the note and heads to the Helm and Cloak, to rent a room, to be fresh when the meeting begins*

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”