Candlekeep Role-Play

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Maecius
Retired Admin

Candlekeep Role-Play

Unread post by Maecius »

[ This thread is intended for Candlekeep-related roleplaying posts, whether or not you are in the Candlekeep faction.

For Candlekeep faction members, it can be used to let the other members of the faction know your character's actions and behaviors, or for when factioneers in different time zones need to interact and cannot easily do it in-game. ]
rokranon

Candlekeep Role-Play - Attack on Candlekeep

Unread post by rokranon »

Jonas was in quite a good mood. The ceremony with Alistaria and Lady Vanya had gone well he thought. Jonas decided to return north to Candlekeep in order to fill Valerius in on the good news. On the Trade Way on the way, he was attacked by a banshee of all things. Thinking this extremely odd, he hastened to the Keep. On the Lion's Way, Jonas walked right into a horde of undead. The three dread knights and nearly a score of undead giants nearly got the best of him, but he fought through and met up with adventurers coming out of Candlekeep. Many joined with him, including but not limited to Valerius, Arivain, Te'alis, Tensoran, Berel, Anie, Kemi, and Brea. The group fought through another wave that included Shadow Dragons and a dracolich. A strange being then appeared to the party of adventurers and identified himself as Sammaster. He appeared to be quite mad, threatening to destroy Candlekeep itself simply because he could and because he despises the living... Sammaster disappeared, sending his death knights at the party and amassing a huge force on the plain in front of the keep. The group destroyed the knights before falling back to the causeway in front of the Keep itself.

Here they made a heroic stand against several more saves of undead, and at least four dracoliches. During a brief lull in the onslaught, Gorion came to the gate to see what the commotion was. He seemed to have heard of Sammaster, and suggested the defenders return to the Lion's Way to destroy a portal in which the horde was coming from. Arivain jokingly suggested a bold charge, to which Jonas and several others threw themselves into without thinking. After an intense fight the undead army was obliterated, and a gnome by the name of Azrael destroyed the portal with magic. Some gems were discovered in the ruin of the portal, and the large group of defenders parted ways for the time being.

Adventurers band together to defend Candlekeep.

// Thanks to dm mdwagner for the epic event!!
Sir Jonas Rokranon - Bio/History
Harwin Rokranon - Bio
DM Rokranon | DM Vindicator - Event Write-Ups (Retired)
IAmDeathComeForThee
Retired Staff

Re: Candlekeep Role-Play

Unread post by IAmDeathComeForThee »

Tomar, upon learning of this encounter with the one called Sammaster becomes greatly troubled. Tomar has studied his history well and has come to greatly admire the once archmage turned lich necromancer, or so it is believed. The man is truly awe inspiring in the eyes of Tomar and every bone in his body aches at the mention of his coming to seek out this purely evil man, or once man. However, conflict arises in Tomar at the mention of his desire to destroy the great Candlekeep, as no doubt the immense power Sammaster holds would be more then enough to do as he wishes to the keep. For fear of the destruction of the greatest hold of knowledge of all the realms, Tomar felt he must share his studies of the powerful archmage for the sake of the preservation of the great Candlekeep.

Within one of the many halls and rooms inside the keep, Tomar shares his knowledge of the madman with the others. A glow arises in Tomar's eyes as he begins to tell the tale of the great Sammaster, almost too eagerly and passionatly to those in the room listening to his words.. just barely...

Yes.... i know of this one. A powerful mage indeed and one truly to be feared. Formerly under the tutelage of Elminster himself he had shown immense power at an early age and had become, like Elminster, one of Mystra's chosen. Sammaster's birth was part of an evil ritual which would allow the essence of Tiamat, the evil draconic goddess, to enter the offspring. It is said this offspring would grow to bring upon the return of the Time of Dragons... and it is now fact that Sammaster was indeed the founder of The Cult Of The Dragon who's goal it is to bring the Drangon's to rule the world. In perticular dead dragons as he has converted many a dragon into the Draco-Lich which he had summoned here at the Keep. Twisted his mind has become over the long years of his existence and his soul purpose to wrought evil upon the lands. Once a true follower of Mystra he was turned to the path of evil by the priest of Bane, Algashon Nathaire under his tutelage and companionship. Nathaire took advantage of Sammaster's disastrous former love affair With another of Mystra's chosen, which had immense repercussions on Semmaster's emotional well being, and convinced him into attacking her which in the end drove him to insanity. As to his interest in the great Keep i have no idea Im afraid but this is all I can say on the matter. He is a truly a madman driven by the power of evil and his reasons are his own. I fear if indeed he is a lich the only way he can truly be destroyed is by destroying his phylactery which contains his soul. This would prove to be no easy task as it is surely to be hidden and guarded well indeed. Make no mistake, this is a man of TRUE power which all ours gathered together in this room would not cast a glimmer of light upon the great shadow of strength and evil he beholds... truly, this indeed is a man to be feared...
*a light twitch of his lips hint at a smile as he utters his last words staring off into nothingness*

At this it is as tho a chill is sent through all in the room as they shutter at the thought of this one called Sammaster.
Last edited by IAmDeathComeForThee on Sat May 23, 2009 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

What a cloudy day, Valerius thought to himself, as he stared up at the sky, watching a sea bird circle listlessly overhead. I bet it will rain. The tiefling smiled. He had always much preferred the rainy days to the sunny ones.

A soft breeze stirred his hair, reminding him again that he was not wearing a hood nor a hat. He furrowed his brow at that, feeling naked with his horns exposed. Yet, as he continued watching the sea bird drifting on the wind, the feelings subsided, and he grew calm. Valerius stood atop the gate-house, or barbican, of Candlekeep's outer curtain wall, his hands flat against the battlements, as he leaned slightly forward.

"I am Isabella Villame, Keeper of the Portal here at Candlekeep ..."

Valerius looked down, watching Keeper Villame as she greeted a guest, getting their name and their reasons for visiting. He smiled at her, though she could not see him. His red eyes then shifted to the armored man on the other side of the gate. Augustine. And his smile grew.

As grateful as he was to Jonas, to Kemi, to all of the other adventurers, Valerius was proud of the Candlekeep Guard. Though the past couple of days had been hard on them, they had done their duty well last night. When Sammaster attacked, they had taken up posts outside the gate, swords drawn. Valerius had been with them, as had the acolyte, Sante. And all of them had been prepared to give their lives in defense of Candlekeep. In defense of their home.

Valerius shook his head, lifting his eyes back to the sky. The sea bird was not there. Had it gone home? He hoped so. There truly was no place like home.

(( I'd like to thank DM Mdwagner for the very epic event, as well. ))

(( And I would also like to thank the Candlekeep Guard. I am very proud of you guys, OOC as well as IC, for manning your posts and staying behind -- even when you knew that the action, the experience, and the rewards were all being given out further down the road. Thank you for putting IC duty before OOC rewards! ))
Hydrocarbonated

Unread post by Hydrocarbonated »

Early in the afternoon, a liveried messenger approached Candlekeep along the winding path. Looking a touch travel-worn, the man hailed the gate.

"I come bearing a message, and seek entry that I may deliver it directly to the Guide's hands."

Having called out to the guards atop the barbican, the man produced a much-worn copy of Karsus's Folly that he may be admitted. The messenger merely idled at the gate once inside, his deflections of questions about his business anything but heartfelt. "I was paid to deliver a message," he stated, "And to place it into the Guide's hands. More than that I can't tell ye." His denial was one born of simple ignorance rather than a love of mystery, that much was plain to those nearby.

The man's patience was rewarded when Guide Valerius next passed by, and a modestly-sized blue tome was placed in the tiefling's hands. With nothing in the way of explanation, the man shouldered his pack and set off again, no doubt with more messages to deliver. Few at the Keep are likely to be troubled by this, for new books arrived all the time, and in far stranger ways.
Arivain - A man of guts and bravery, after all.
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
sinsemilla
Retired Staff

Unread post by sinsemilla »

Maximus Angrius - Fallen Soldier

"Come with me Tonya, leave this keep." Maximus stated just as a guardian came out of the shadows, "Sir you will turn in you resignation this days for crimes against the keep." Te'Alis blurted out as Tonya and Maximus spoke in private.
An argument took place, and Maximus stared into the Eyes of a lady who proclaimed her love him, but she betrayed him, allowing him to have thoughts of evil dealings to protect her, but they were in vain. She never loved him she only ripped the heart from his foolish soul. All the while claiming here love was true. The damage was done, Maximus had chosen to Deal with Assassins to keep them out of the keep for good and protect no only the Keep but more importantly his beloved Tonya the love of his life. A love she knew he had never had before and now she also know he will never have again.

He steps from the temple and walked to the gate stopping to offer his apologies the the Guide, and still an anger poured out of him, knowing that the betrayal ran far up the chain. He told Valerius the name of the 11th hour which they laugh and said no longer existed
Tonya screamed after him, "Return to Tyr then you can return for me."
and she slowly walked away no passing another look.
Maximus knew what he had done was wrong and that nothing he could do would repair this right now, He dropped his key, cloak and walked to the gate a tear in his eye for the love he lost trying to protect it. He gave a messenger a quick note tell Tonya that he would leave single rose at her bed daily, as a message and invite her to join him at the campfire but she never came. Day after day he waited and still nothing.
Wandering into the wilds he gathered his thought and kill beast with a passion, trying return to Tyr.
Many days had passed and he spoke to many people finally forgiving himself returning to the temple and asking for forgiveness of Tyr.

Now whole again and forgiven for his sin to his god, he gathered his equipment once again, shined his bloody armor and sword dawned his golden band and armor, pulled his famous sword from its sheath and sharpened it well. Then set out to travel to candlekeep to prove his worth once again.
As he entered the path south for Candlekeep he stop and spoke to many journeyers that stood by some friends some not, and in brief silence a man tapped him on the back and said; "For all the secrets you held and then gave away I am here to duel." "What is your name sir?" Maximus asked the man, the man replied "The name is Tonias Rin and I am here to kill you.

Weapons now drawn Maximus launches his attack, striking the man, but the man attacked back first splitting his plate, the next two blows of the Kama's came so quick there was no blocking, first one splitting the face of Maximus, the second cutting his throat. His Shield fell from his arm and his sword drop from his hand, Maximus fell in a slump, gurgling blood as the assassin took a single Black rose and pinned it to his chest with a dagger saying "I'm Tonias Rin, my regards." Walking on back into the shadows.
Friends gathered round his body, Moldrister retrieved his shield and sword a left for the keep.

Maximus Angrius a man accused of a crime, but it was a crime of passion and love, A Gate Warden who some say he meant to keep the criminals out falling from grace because he chose the wrong path. His love so undying that he would be thinking of her to his dying breath, "Tonya you betrayed me." he muttered as his last breath so long left his body.

A legend now fallen.

Maximus wandered in
DM Sin
Maximus Angrius / Therro Arkanok / Hatoo Toosdg
Our life is made by the death of others. ~Leonardo da Vinci
IAmDeathComeForThee
Retired Staff

Unread post by IAmDeathComeForThee »

Tomar would be more then happy to inspect such a construct, given some prior detail as to what he is looking at.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

The Maximus Saga, from Valerius's perspective ...

THE SEASON BRINGS CHANGE

The auditorium was crowded. Dozens of men and women in blue robes spoke in hushed tones, as they waited for the voting session to commence.

"Attention!" A gavel sounded, clap clap clap, and a kind looking man stood, smiling at the gathering. "We will begin now." Tethtoril's voice, while soft, seemed to quiet the room immediately. The man bowed his head to the figure seated to his left, and just a little higher, and took his seat once more.

Ulraunt, looking for all the world like an ornery buzzard, just squinted at his monks and wizards, licking his dry lips. When the room had grown silent, and Tethtoril had sat down, he spoke. "For the position of Gatewarden, the vote is between Harren Lews and Thorel Whitener. Write down your ..." Ulraunt trailed off, frowning, as a chair scraped against the ground and one of the blue-robed monks stood up. "Yes? What is it?"

Valerius could feel all eyes turn towards him as he stood, and he had to consciously resist the urge to pull his hood down lower. His legs and hands were shaking from nervousness as he answered Ulraunt. "Forgive me, Master Ulraunt, I wanted to speak on behalf of Maximus Angrius, Knight of Tyr. I nominated him last tenday, if you will remember, but it must have been ..."

"Ah, right, right." Ulraunt waved Valerius into silence, looking down again at several rolls of parchment. "Sit down, Reader." Valerius did just that, feeling queasy. "My oversight. The vote is between Harren Lews, Thorel Whitener, and Maximus Angrius. Write down your selection now, under the subheading, Gatewarden."

The vote proceeded without further interruption, and, once back in the foyer, Valerius was pleased to hear that Maximus had won, narrowly, over the other two. Even as he felt the flush of that victory, one of the monks, a friend of his named Culgan, came and slapped him on the back. "Way to go, Guide!"

Valerius turned, furrowing his brow. "What?" Valerius vaguely remembered his name being mentioned as a nominee for Guide, along with eight or nine others, but he thought Culgan or someone else had nominated him as a prank. Indeed, he still thought his friend was playing games. "Of course, First Reader Culgan. Thank you." He gave a faux bow, and turned back to his previous conversation, still smiling.

When it later became clear that he had indeed been elected Guide of Candlekeep, Valerius quickly excused himself from the foyer, and spent the rest of the night in his room, restive, unbelieving, and vomiting more than once as his nerves drove him to sickness.

Who would elect him? Who would even nominate him? He was a tiefling, he was only a few years past twenty, and he was a branded outlaw. Surely there was some mistake. This had to be a mistake.

THE INTERLUDE

The next few days were peaceful and calm. It gave Valerius ample time to settle into his position, and he spent those days getting to know his duties, getting to better know Maximus and his second-in-command, Isabella Villame, and getting to know several of the new acolytes now under his guardianship.

Maximus became a friend, who Valerius happily relied upon and conversed with, when able. Isabella became a friend, as well, as did the other guards and acolytes. Things were going well.

Maybe I can do this, Valerius found himself thinking, in these early days of his tenure, maybe I can do this.

It was during this time that Valerius invited the woman, Tonya, to become an Acolyte at Candlekeep, on Maximus's suggestion. She seemed enthusiastic, and though Valerius had his doubts, his friendship with Maximus, and Tonya's assurance that she would work hard to learn Candlekeep's ways, eventually convinced him to give her a chance.

... He should not have given her a chance.

THE BITTER BETRAYAL

"Tiefer, we need to talk." The voice came out of the shadows, startling Valerius. He would never get used to Te'alis's sudden appearances. Still, he would never deny the elf a conversation. He trusted Te'alis, and knew him to be a good man, and a constant source of useful intelligence.

That trust and knowledge made the next part hard for him. Valerius was informed that Maximus was negotiating with assassins. Offering them shelter in Candlekeep. Abusing his position as Gatewarden, and sacrificing the neutrality and security of Candlekeep for a woman. For Tonya.

Valerius didn't believe him at first. "You must be wrong. This is--" But as the talk continued, and more evidence was exposed, Valerius slowly, regrettably, became convinced.

When Maximus came forward later that afternoon to resign, as Te'alis had told Valerius he would, Valerius glumly accepted the resignation.

"Do not continue down this path, Maximus." He tried to warn the man. "Walk in the light, for me, and for you. Those who walk in darkness will always stumble and fall."

They parted ways, Valerius watching the fallen knight as he walked away, wondering how things had become so bad. Wondering what he had done wrong. Wondering how he could have nominated, and spoken for, a man who was so easily led astray.

He sunk down in the gardens, the bright, sunny day a poor match for his mood.

DISSENSION IN THE RANKS

The next few days were hard on Valerius. His own people, acolytes and guards, seemed to question his dismissal of Maximus. Valerius couldn't tell them why he did it. He couldn't besmirch his friend's honor. He couldn't tell them what he had done.

It was a heavy weight to bear, but Valerius thought that, just maybe, Maximus would pull himself together.

That maybe he would be back.

He had several friends in this trying time -- Te'alis, Arivain, Isabella, Jonas -- that he could lean on. But though they buffered the blows, he still felt them. The night Dallenthel Wyndsoul and company came to plead on Maximus's behalf was the hardest for Valerius. He had to be cold, and he had to turn them away, and he had to dismiss their worries -- without telling them why. He could not blame them for thinking him a tyrant.

And then. The next day. Word arrived.

Maximus Angrius was dead.

DEATH AND DOUBT

Valerius was shocked to receive the sword and shield of his once friend, once colleague, Maximus Angrius. He maintained a calm facade for Moldrister and the others, and accepted the arms cordially. He proclaimed that they would be used for the burial, in place of the body, which he had been told was stolen away by the assassin, Tonias Rin.

But when he was back in his office, staring at the shield and the sword, he couldn't help wondering, once more, whether he was right for the job.

This would never have happened if he hadn't spoken up for Maximus. This would never have happened if he hadn't accepted, against his better judgment, Tonya as an Acolyte. This would never have happened if he wasn't Guide.

RESIGNED TO RESIGN

As all this was going on, several other catastrophes all hit at once. Drow were let into Candlekeep. As was an illithid. Goblins, Luskan wizards, and Sammaster the Mad, with a host of undead, all attacked Candlekeep in the space of a week.

And even though Candlekeep managed to prevail in all of these instances, and no lives, nor knowledge, was lost ... Valerius still could not cope with all of the stress. Nothing was going right, and he blamed himself for it.

When he pulled Keeper Villame, now acting as Gatewarden with Maximus dead, aside to inform her that he was going to be taking a sabbatical, and possibly resigning, she struck him in the face and called him a coward. She told him that he could not run away from this. That he had a duty to perform. He laughed, and she hit him twice more, the third blow dropping him to the ground.

He was eventually convinced. There was no better man for the job. Not right now. Maybe next season they would elect someone else, but right now, he was all Candlekeep had.

Valerius left the cuts from her gauntlet in place for several days, while they healed naturally, serving him as a reminder to stay focused on his duty. He would pull through this.

He would Guide Candlekeep, through thick and thin alike.

LOOKING TO THE FUTURE

After his confrontation with Keeper Villame, Valerius spent a few days pulling himself back together. His confidence was still shaken, but his friends were all there for him. Slowly, surely, his faith in himself was restored, and he shrugged off his doubts.

He was, once again, the Guide he had intended to be from the very beginning. He made several sweeping moves, which quickly ensured Candlekeep's safety from outside threats, and he restored much of the confidence of the Candlekeep Guard by seeing to it that Isabella Villame was officially made Gatewarden, giving them a leader they could trust in.

His plan now was to bury the shield and sword of Maximus with the Temple of Beregost, just as soon as he talked it over with Davian Thule.

This, he hoped, would put Maximus at rest forever, and, like the dawning of a new sun, Candlekeep could start anew ...
Urban

Unread post by Urban »

Tinklang, a cheerful Gnomish man, is seen about the grounds of Candlekeep over the next few days, conversing with anyone who will stand still long enough. He is quite inquisitive, asking about the day-to-day happenings of the keep and explaining to anyone who asks that he is awaiting word of his acceptance as an Acolyte. He seems quite sure of himself as a scholar, amateur artificer and minor illusionist and will discourse on a variety of topics, though he is rather easily distracted.

When not chatting with the residents of the keep, he can be found wandering the keep, admiring the fountains, gardens and majestic walls, or at the inn, bantering good-naturedly with Winthrop and the other patrons.
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

[[ A brief recounting of our last in-character meeting. Each plot point listed out separately for ease of reference. ]]

The Temple of Oghma was crowded with black-and-blue-robed scholars. The din of their low voices reverberated against the vaulted ceiling, as they milled about, taking their seats, chatting with their neighbors.

Valerius moved through this sea of robes, politely excusing himself to wend and wind his way up to the altar. Once there, he turned to face the crowd, and waited for a natural silence to settle over the collected men and women of Candlekeep. It only took a minute. Perhaps two.

"Thank you for coming. Let us begin with the invocation to the Binder of What is Known." Valerius turns to face the altar, as the monks, with all the ceremony of a well-known ritual, clamber to their feet.

(Those acolytes new to the Order quickly join the others, following the lead of their seniors).

"Lord of Knowledge, bless us today with your wisdom and your clarity. Let us see not problems but solutions, and let us forever prevail in our quest for knowledge, and our mission of truth. May you, in your beneficence, smile upon us as we gather here in your home."

Turning back to the assembled scholars, as they all take their seats with murmured amens, Valerius begins with the regular agendas. He talks of meal plans, next season's voting, births and deaths in the community. Once finished, and only once finished, does he deal with the internal and external news most of the people present are more interested in.

ASSASSINS IN THE KEEP

Valerius scratches at the tip of his nose, waiting for the right milieu of vaguely-attentive boredom to set in. Before bringing back his audience.

"As I am sure you are all aware, I was the target of an assassin a few nights ago. Though the assassin failed to kill me, she was able to slay five of our sworn protectors. You will be relieved to hear, if you have not already, that all of them were successfully raised. They are still recuperating in the infirmary, however: It would be nice if those of you with the time and inclination were to visit them and wish them well.

"The assassin's motives remain uncertain, but we are fairly sure she is not connected with the Vholk Rah."

CULT OF DISPATER

"Which brings me to our next talking point: the Vholk Rah." He chuckles a bit, at how it worked out. "The cult of Dispater, as all of you know, sent an assassin after Ulraunt a few tenday back. Before that, another one had been dispatched, whom had been looking for Justin Crownsilver in Candlekeep.

"We remain on guard for these assassins, but so far none have come to the gate. It is likely that they have heard about our new security measures, and have turned their attentions elsewhere. Or, if the Heartlands are lucky, those two were the cult in its entirety."

THE RAMSET PLAGUE REVIVAL

Valerius swipes a hand across his cheek then rubs at his eye. He once again wonders why he never brings a glass or bottle of water to these things, as all the talking begins to tell on his throat. He ignores the minor irritation and continues.

"More troubling news reaches us by way of Reader Moldrister Karemen. Apparently the Ramset plague again troubles the Heartlands. An elf was killed by the virulent magical disease not two days ago, and from his corpse spewed forth the undead that are symptomatic of the plague.

"I have been told the drow shade, Onyxium, is again the source of this so-far singular outbreak. Keep on guard if you should travel outside of Candlekeep, however."

ORCS, BANITES, & OGRE MAGI

Valerius squints slightly, as his memory triggers. "Speaking of guarded travel, you will all be pleased to hear that reports of orcish attacks on travelers have decreased dramatically since the capture of the rabble-rousing ringleaders.

"However, new threats now face those of you who leave the Keep. I speak primarily to you, Seekers.

"A small group of Banite faithful have been apparently extorting travelers for money with the threat of violence. Be cautious of groups of darkly-clad men and women, in general, but take special care when they wear the Black Hand's holy symbol.

"Ah. And, of course, many of you will have heard already that the Flaming Fist were hunting down an ogre mage along the Way of the Lion earlier today. It is unlikely these ogres will pester us much, but, as always, be aware of them if you must leave the monastery. Especially now that there is an ogre mage attempting to organize them."

BALDUR'S GATE GAZETTE

Valerius dusts his hands against his thighs, drawing a deep breath. He is about to turn over the floor, when he remembers something.

"That's right." He says this, almost to himself, before raising his voice. "Finally, the editor of the Baldur's Gate Gazette, Selis Vhaire, has asked that I let you all know that you are encouraged to send her articles that you would like to have published for mass audience.

"I am told these articles can cover more than simply local news, so if you have a specific subject you think the public would like to read about, you may write to her at the Blade and Stars."

Valerius nods at that, then smiles, holding his hands up and out.

"I will now turn over the floor, for the scheduled speakers, then general audience."

The tiefling wizard moves to one of the benches in the front, and nods to the Great Reader who rises to move for the altar. After the speakers have all said their piece, and after any of the monks or scholars decide to take the stand, Valerius will take again to the altar to say a closing prayer to Oghma, and then dismiss the congregation.
Flasmix
Associate DM

Unread post by Flasmix »

Myhun walks around the grounds of Candlekeep, giving posters to the guards and hanging them in some key areas.

The poster reads;

To the guards and monks of Candlekeep, the Sun Elf known as Aulith is banned from passing through our gates. Should Aulith be spotted, he is to be asked to leave and then removed forcefully should he refuse.

Aulith's radical beliefs are against what Candlekeep stands for. He murders innocent people, working under the guise of his own personal set of morals. He conspires with the Drow, pretending to be on a crusade against them when in fact he works for them. He is a threat to not only us, but life itself.

As such, We will be the first to say that we will not tolerate Aulith's beliefs and condone his actions by granting him the safety of our walls. I can only hope that the other surrounding cities can make the same decision as I, for they have innocent people to protect.

Regards,

Myhun Kren

As Myhun gives each guard a notice, he creates an illusion of Aulith, so the guards know just what to look out for.
Wirg to Pug: "Iz lat dun?"
Pugratix to a snarky militia man: "Mmmm. Not yet. I will live for hundreds of years and be heralded as one of the greatest forces of destruction on the face of the world. The only thing you can destroy is the outhouse."
greendragon

Unread post by greendragon »

Walking up the path to the main gates, the wizard named Midian Dark approached Candlekeep without fear or worry. As he passed through the gates, he found himself among a small band of adventurers preparing for what seemed a possible battle...he stood between them and the gates saying nothing and watching them cast their protection spells.

As they walked past, Midian began to make his way toward the Inn, but not before someone bumped into him.

"Excuse me sir," the man said. "Watch where you're going," Midian replied with a cold stare.

As he turned to continue on his way to the Inn, Midian noticed that the man waved to him with a wand in hand and began to run out of the town through the gates. Midian felt for his own wand....which was now missing! Midian gave chase and caught up with the thief outside the gates where the thief was showing off his newly acquired prize.

"Hey you...I believe you have something that belongs to me," Midian confronted the thief.

"uh, er, what? Me?"

Obviously very angry Midian commanded him, "My wand, give it back to me...."

The thief looked at his hand and the wand, "Uh, this one?"

"Indeed."

The thief reluctantly walked over and handed the wand over becoming more nervous the closer he got to the wizard.

"Next time you steal something from me, I'll set you aflame," Midian coldly warned him.

Slightly shaken, the thief quickly ran away down the path to the Lion's Way never looking back. Midian then went about his business within the walls of Candlekeep.
greendragon

Unread post by greendragon »

A folded parchment letter was sent by messenger to Spellflicker Spire for Myhun Kren. It is sealed with red wax which is stamped with an unrecognizable signet, yet obviously the seal of a mage. Upon opening the letter, it reads:

OOC: To reply, PM me here or /tell IG to Midian Dark ...doesn't matter to me.
WhenWizardsWar

Unread post by WhenWizardsWar »

To the Headmasters and Guardians of Candlekeep.

Though it has been many months since I was last in the region, I pen this letter to you to inform you of something i was witness to, something that was most distressing. The man known as Rask was witnessed by myself resisting arrest and later assaulting a soldier of the Flaming Fist. The man was trying to interfere with another arrest and when the officer tried to arrest them both the man claimed to be a seeker of Candlekeep which caused alarms to sound in my mind when he started threatening and resisting arrest. I followed the man as he fled down the coast way with the guard hot on his heels, where the man transformed into a mighty demonic form and proceeded to seriously injure the flaming Fist soldier. Dureing the arrest the man struck first when the guard tried to arrest him, this is most distressing.

I hope this man was simply lieing and is not a member of your monastary because if he is, he is giving everone within its walls a very very bad name and reputation. I have long been a support of your operaton and over the course of my travels I have donated many many works of literature to your vaults. I hope this man will be dealt with for if he continues to act with the poor level of professionalism I saw last night I will be forced to reconsider another potential target for the magical and historical lore i come across in my travels, not to mention find another place to offer lessons on Halruuan Theorums and Philosophical Ideas.

I hope to see you in the near future, I have missed the monastary for far to long.
Samuel Tanner
Halruuan Scholar
I Play
Davian Halren-The Original WWW, my brothers character who lives on through me in his memory, may he rest in peace.
Leira Whitemane-Songtress/Scholar
Torugo-Two scythes, no brain.
Cort Thundershot
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Cort Thundershot »

Elias Goodmane was seen hand delivering a scroll to one of the guards outside of Candlekeep. He smiled and thanked the man as he gave instruction for the scroll to be delivered directly to Ulraunt himself. The scroll is bound in blue and white ribbon, and bears the bronze dragon mark of the Weavemasters.

Esteemed Keeper of the Tomes,

I extend my apologies for not having responded with haste to your correspondence. As they so often do, matters beyond my control have prevented me from doing so.

It is to my deepest regret that this most discouraging event would strain relations between our organizations. As you well know, our order stands with steadfast determination against communing with beings of the lower planes. This is why I can not and will not ask the guardian who confronted your guide to apologize for his actions.

My compulsion to believe that Nurgle will follow your wisdom in not seeking to commune with such denizens is wrought from genuine concern for the man's well being. I have all too often seen the result of such dealings, and would wish them upon none.

If this is a matter in which our aid might replace that of the demon, then I extend to you the offer of such help. I do hope that we might both work to put this discretion behind us, and move on to future matters that require our attention.

Sincerely,
Weave Exarch Elias Goodmane
Elias Goodmane: Retired....
Rakhir: Young orphan half elven archer
Halvor Grizwold: Boisterous and good natured fightin man Dead
Weung Xaiwei: Foreigner
Hargriss Hammerfist: Boisterous dwarf "Gnoll meat's greasy, liver's good fer eatin though."

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”