Rumors & Events of Soubar

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Sword Coast

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Rumors & Events of Soubar

Unread post by DM Arrakeen »

///ALL SOUBAR-SPECIFIC ROLE-PLAY, EVENTS, RUMORS AND THE LIKE SHALL NOW BE POSTED HERE.///
Hidden: show
DM Arrakeen wrote:///My dark and twisted Soubarian children, orphans, villains, schemers, and thugs,

This is a momentous occasion.
The RP community of Soubar and its RP potential has grown immensely in the last months, and consequently, you have managed to unlock this rather fancy achievement:

your own Soubar-specific rumor thread.

I am delighted with the progress and strides you have made so far, but do not let it lull you into a false sense of security.

The work in the North never ceases.

HDM Arrakeen///
Guidelines for my events
Remember: It's just a game. No need to get sad, angry or vengeful over it.

Server Rules
DM Rulings
DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Re: Rumors & Events of Soubar

///Place-holder///
Guidelines for my events

Server Rules
DM Rulings
Leramak

Unread post by Leramak »

((Yay Soubars own thread))

Morgan Could be seen walking along the walls inspecting the work She seemed to take her time examining every nook and cranny, But for what exactly? After several hours she would return to the Ebon blade Fort
Amos Thistle Lord of Fort Prominence, The Golden Hand Trading Company

Mcgrath WestGuard - Whitewood Vanguard

Morgan Nightgale - Retired Vampire Matron of House Nightgale
TheTwiste11491

Unread post by TheTwiste11491 »

Ebon Blade Daily - Militia Training
Merely a few days since the arrival of the Zhentarim, the denizens of Soubar witnessed the Militiamen stepping out of the Ebon Blade Keep. After the last minute gear checks took place, the members of the Militia assumed the double line formation in the courtyard and waited. They were soon joined by Captain Nightgale and his Sergeants. The officers supervised the warmup, then the separate training sessions between melee and ranged units, and finally the series of combat drills.

(((OOC Credits:
Content: TheTwiste11491/MedalOfValor
Greil Nightgale Captain of the Ebon Blade
DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

DM Arrakeen wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:49 pm The initial reception of the monks has been mixed at best. Kazimir and the new additions could notice that the number of visitors from the monster races dropped to zero. Some of the most villainous locals have been maintaining their distance as well, keeping a closer than usual look at the exotic visitors. On the other hand, merchants, and various humanoid regulars have not changed their newly developed habits much, some of them have taken the time to introduce themselves to Mi-Le and Daishi Tora.
Arn wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:11 pm Mi-Le shows no disdain or aversion for the monster races and villainous locals who now avoid the tent. The monk doesn't try to push anyone to use his services, either. He simply smiles at any suspicious locals he notices watching him. He also says hello to any who may pass by the tent. All in all, he speaks and acts in an unassuming, friendly, and quiet manner. He generally does not speak unless spoken to.

To those who introduce themselves to him, Mi-Le smiles warmly and introduces himself as "Mi-Le, a monk of the Old Order." Unless directly asked about the Old Order or the Way, the monk would not elaborate on either topic.

Those who do utilize Mi-Le's services might find that the monk has some experience in treating injuries. Although Mi-Le does not call upon divine aid to heal his patients, his knowledge of medicinal herbs, bodily injuries, and illnesses suggests that the monk has tended to more than a few people in his life.

((The following screenshot shows Mi-Le's ranks in Diplomacy and Heal. Please feel free to use or ignore the roll results, or make rolls of your own; I'm fine with any approach.))
DM Arrakeen wrote:Monster races and the morally ambiguous local element have continued to keep their distance.

After two days, even the curiosity of the more civilized locals began to show itself a little bit more than by way of observation or polite introductions. Most were intrigued by the fact that the rather exotic male did not use any magic while dealing with those who visited his tent, and a few merchants had the gall to ask the monk where did he learn his craft and where did he hail from.

Ra'maseh, a fire genasi employed by Mag as a cook, found his way to the healing tent and inquired with Mi-Le about a salve for a variety of work-related cuts and scrapes. The barmaid, Betha, dropped by the healing tent hoping to leave a bowl of broth for whoever had the shift at that time. Halfling in the company of a human and half-orc arrived early one morning with a bad case of bizarre looking rash.
Guidelines for my events

Server Rules
DM Rulings
Arn

Unread post by Arn »

DM Arrakeen wrote:Monster races and the morally ambiguous local element have continued to keep their distance.

After two days, even the curiosity of the more civilized locals began to show itself a little bit more than by way of observation or polite introductions. Most were intrigued by the fact that the rather exotic male did not use any magic while dealing with those who visited his tent, and a few merchants had the gall to ask the monk where did he learn his craft and where did he hail from.
Smiling, the monk replied: "I hail from a monastery in the mountains of Arakin, far to the east in Shou Lung. Since the blessings of the gods are generally not available to the Old Order, I thought it prudent to learn about healing from a couple of the other monks at my monastery. I also picked up quite a few things on the journey to Faerun."
DM Arrakeen wrote:Ra'maseh, a fire genasi employed by Mag as a cook, found his way to the healing tent and inquired with Mi-Le about a salve for a variety of work-related cuts and scrapes.
To Ra'maseh, Mi-Le hands a vial of a creamy white salve. He explains, "It's a salve made from the yarrow plant. It's not too hard to find." The monk reaches into his pack of herbs and takes out a yarrow plant to show the genasi.
Mi-Le then explains how to make the salve. He first details the process of chopping the plant up to infuse it into oil, advising the genasi to let the mixture sit in a jar for a few weeks. The mixture should then be strained through a cloth. The monk then describes how to melt beeswax together with the yarrow-infused oil to make the salve. "The vial I have given you should last you for a while. Be sure to start your own batch when you start running low. This salve should keep for half a year; after that, it will lose its effectiveness."
DM Arrakeen wrote:The barmaid, Betha, dropped by the healing tent hoping to leave a bowl of broth for whoever had the shift at that time.
When Betha leaves the broth at the tent, Mi-Le simply thanks her with a smile. He would offer to share the broth with Kazimir and Daishi.
DM Arrakeen wrote:Halfling in the company of a human and half-orc arrived early one morning with a bad case of bizarre looking rash.
Mi-Le inspects the rash closely before attempting any treatment. He attempts to discern the cause of the rash - whether it be an allergic reaction of some sort, contact with a poisonous plant or animal, an illness, or even magically-induced. He asks the three companions what they think might have caused the rash.
Mi-Le (彌勒) - "Meditate, monks. Do not be negligent, lest you regret it later." ((-Saṃyutta Nikāya 35.146))
-Monk of the Old Order and the Way. Will not kill.
-[IC Journal]
-[Bio]

((Feel free to reach out to Mi-Le for forum RP!))

Wendi - Haggling crafter. [Bio]
Anatti
Meredith
DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Arn wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:18 am
Smiling, the monk replied: "I hail from a monastery in the mountains of Arakin, far to the east in Shou Lung. Since the blessings of the gods are generally not available to the Old Order, I thought it prudent to learn about healing from a couple of the other monks at my monastery. I also picked up quite a few things on the journey to Faerun."
DM Arrakeen wrote:Quite a few were confused by the names of regions they never heard of, but they listened with interest or awe or even with a little skepticism. Not a single individual tried to argue, however, if anything some appeared as though they would possibly return with more questions down the line.
Arn wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:18 am To Ra'maseh, Mi-Le hands a vial of a creamy white salve. He explains, "It's a salve made from the yarrow plant. It's not too hard to find." The monk reaches into his pack of herbs and takes out a yarrow plant to show the genasi.
Mi-Le then explains how to make the salve. He first details the process of chopping the plant up to infuse it into oil, advising the genasi to let the mixture sit in a jar for a few weeks. The mixture should then be strained through a cloth. The monk then describes how to melt beeswax together with the yarrow-infused oil to make the salve. "The vial I have given you should last you for a while. Be sure to start your own batch when you start running low. This salve should keep for half a year; after that, it will lose its effectiveness."
DM Arrakeen wrote:The man listened intently, and once he realized that preparing the cream didn't differ much from cooking, he seemed really intrigued and motivated to begin the process.
"Would you mind if I showed you the first batch? Just to make sure I did it right."
Arn wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:18 am Mi-Le inspects the rash closely before attempting any treatment. He attempts to discern the cause of the rash - whether it be an allergic reaction of some sort, contact with a poisonous plant or animal, an illness, or even magically-induced. He asks the three companions what they think might have caused the rash.
DM Arrakeen wrote:After careful examination, Mi-Le could tell that the rash was not caused by magic.

"We squeeze by rocks by shroom by vine in the underground. It smell funny," the half-orc muttered in his broken common.
"Aye, the stench was putrid," the halfling echoed. "I'm never going to wash this off my armor," he lamented so more.
"We only ate the rations we made ourselves, so I ken it cannot be poison," the human added and conviction was audible in his otherwise coarse voice.
Guidelines for my events

Server Rules
DM Rulings
YourMoveHolyMan
Recognized Donor

Unread post by YourMoveHolyMan »

While aid rendered and plans of celebration and martial prowess go into motion, a local hunter returned to the Ebon Blade company, Michael Dunn, spends some of his free time on an altogether different matter.

He starts making frequent walks through Soubar with his partner, Rain, the faithful hound that made the pair efficient trackers. Uttering quiet words only for her ears he gave her the simple instructions, "Find orcs, girly girl."

Hooking a sturdy leather leash to her collar, the pair set off on their joint task. Rain's nostrils flare and she starts sniffing the ground.

They never get too close to any orcs they come across, and never act in any aggressive manner. But he's counting. Taking mental notes of which one's he sees, if they're scattered or if their tents tend to be congregated, and how well armed they appear.
Michael Dunn

“There is more than one sort of prison, Captain," Chirrut said. "I sense that you carry yours wherever you go.”
FearBeforeTheFlames

Unread post by FearBeforeTheFlames »

Recently, a member of the Ebon Blade identified as the mage Kordren Ivatrix has been noted spending a great deal of time around the camps and water within the limits of Soubar. He has been seen with various devices taking measurements around the waterway and samples of it's water and surrounding soil.

The mage takes care to converse with the denizens of the bustling village. Leaving many with the impression that he was assessing the viability of the surrounding soil for construction.

These tests appear to be occurring twice a day, at dawn and dusk. Meticulous notes appear to have been taken. The mage would be later be seen entering the Winding Way with papers in hand, before returning back to the Ebon Blade fortress.
Alexander Marshall - Duty Bind
Fear "...I had hoped they had known me better than this."
Kordren Ivatrix - A Tale of Loss and Darkness
The"It is inevitable."
Aelrynn Valdrick - Hunter in the Woods
Flames"Hearin' alot o' that lately."
Arn

Unread post by Arn »

DM Arrakeen wrote:Quite a few were confused by the names of regions they never heard of, but they listened with interest or awe or even with a little skepticism. Not a single individual tried to argue, however, if anything some appeared as though they would possibly return with more questions down the line.
The monk doesn't seem swayed by the listeners' interest or awe, nor does he look perturbed by any skepticism. Should anyone return with questions, he would greet them with a smile and probably be willing to give answers.
DM Arrakeen wrote:The man listened intently, and once he realized that preparing the cream didn't differ much from cooking, he seemed really intrigued and motivated to begin the process.
"Would you mind if I showed you the first batch? Just to make sure I did it right."
"Please feel free to do so," Mi-Le says with a smile.
DM Arrakeen wrote:After careful examination, Mi-Le could tell that the rash was not caused by magic.

"We squeeze by rocks by shroom by vine in the underground. It smell funny," the half-orc muttered in his broken common.
"Aye, the stench was putrid," the halfling echoed. "I'm never going to wash this off my armor," he lamented so more.
"We only ate the rations we made ourselves, so I ken it cannot be poison," the human added and conviction was audible in his otherwise coarse voice.
Mi-Le leans in close to smell the scent. Having spent some time in the Underdark a few years ago, perhaps he will recognize the odor. Then Mi-Le asks the halfling if he can use a cloth to wipe down his armor. If the halfling gives his permission, the monk would see if any residue rubs off on the cloth. In short, Mi-Le does his best to identify the fungus or plant causing the rash.
Mi-Le (彌勒) - "Meditate, monks. Do not be negligent, lest you regret it later." ((-Saṃyutta Nikāya 35.146))
-[IC Journal]
-[Bio]

Anatti
Meredith
DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

YourMoveHolyMan wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:15 pm While aid rendered and plans of celebration and martial prowess go into motion, a local hunter returned to the Ebon Blade company, Michael Dunn, spends some of his free time on an altogether different matter.

He starts making frequent walks through Soubar with his partner, Rain, the faithful hound that made the pair efficient trackers. Uttering quiet words only for her ears he gave her the simple instructions, "Find orcs, girly girl."

Hooking a sturdy leather leash to her collar, the pair set off on their joint task. Rain's nostrils flare and she starts sniffing the ground.

They never get too close to any orcs they come across, and never act in any aggressive manner. But he's counting. Taking mental notes of which one's he sees, if they're scattered or if their tents tend to be congregated, and how well armed they appear.
DM Arrakeen wrote:Over the next few of days, the Sergeant and his loyal companion canvassed Soubar thoroughly which allowed them to gather the data they were after and which could serve as a foundation for a further investigation.
///Detailed feedback sent via PM as requested.///
Guidelines for my events

Server Rules
DM Rulings
DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Arn wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:25 pm "Please feel free to do so," Mi-Le says with a smile.
DM Arrakeen wrote:The cook nodded his thanks then asked for the price of the salve.
Arn wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:25 pm Mi-Le leans in close to smell the scent. Having spent some time in the Underdark a few years ago, perhaps he will recognize the odor. Then Mi-Le asks the halfling if he can use a cloth to wipe down his armor. If the halfling gives his permission, the monk would see if any residue rubs off on the cloth. In short, Mi-Le does his best to identify the fungus or plant causing the rash.
DM Arrakeen wrote:The scent was indeed familiar, acrid and bitter at the same time.
The halfling waved his hand for the monk to do as he pleased.
"I warn you, mister. You'll have issues washing it off!" Mi-Le noted that the residue was thick and sticky.
///Arn, roll Lore Nature and Heal.///
Guidelines for my events

Server Rules
DM Rulings
Arn

Unread post by Arn »

DM Arrakeen wrote:The cook nodded his thanks then asked for the price of the salve.
"It's yours," the monk says mildly. "My monastery strongly discourages me from handling coin." The monk smiles and waves the cook away in a friendly and casual manner, as if to say, Don't even worry about it.
DM Arrakeen wrote:The scent was indeed familiar, acrid and bitter at the same time.
The halfling waved his hand for the monk to do as he pleased.
"I warn you, mister. You'll have issues washing it off!" Mi-Le noted that the residue was thick and sticky.

///Arn, roll Lore Nature and Heal.///
Mi-Le studies the residue and thinks back, trying to place the familiar scent...

((Yessssss.))
-[IC Journal]
-[Bio]

Anatti
Meredith
Leramak

Unread post by Leramak »

Lady Blackrose would be seen walking towards the wall where the construction was taking place, She would beckon the man in charge of the work .
"You and your men should get yourselves cleaned up, The merchants have a special treat for you all, Soon they will begin bring out food for all of you to enjoy, Just there way of welcoming you and saying thank you for all the hard work you are doing" She would say simply her eyes looking at the construction itself analyzing it for a moment then her eyes would rest on the Man she was talking to.
Amos Thistle Lord of Fort Prominence, The Golden Hand Trading Company

Mcgrath WestGuard - Whitewood Vanguard

Morgan Nightgale - Retired Vampire Matron of House Nightgale
DM Arrakeen
Retired Staff

Arn wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:12 pm "It's yours," the monk says mildly. "My monastery strongly discourages me from handling coin." The monk smiles and waves the cook away in a friendly and casual manner, as if to say, Don't even worry about it.
DM Arrakeen wrote:He gave the monk a weird look, then with visible discomfort about the offering, the cook nodded quickly and hurried back to the Tavern.
Arn wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:12 pmMi-Le studies the residue and thinks back, trying to place the familiar scent...

((Yessssss.))
DM Arrakeen wrote:The memory surfaced quickly, and Mi-Le could recall a family of luminescent, fungal growths, native to Underdark. This one was particularly unkind to ignorant travelers who had the misfortune to initiate skin contact. The sticky mucus was known to cause a variety of symptoms; rash, sores, boils, and fever were fairly common but could be dealt with relatively efficiently if caught early.
///Be creative ;)///

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leramak wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:44 pm Lady Blackrose would be seen walking towards the wall where the construction was taking place, She would beckon the man in charge of the work .
"You and your men should get yourselves cleaned up, The merchants have a special treat for you all, Soon they will begin bring out food for all of you to enjoy, Just there way of welcoming you and saying thank you for all the hard work you are doing" She would say simply her eyes looking at the construction itself analyzing it for a moment then her eyes would rest on the Man she was talking to.
There was a little bit of confusion brewing among the workers initially, but the foreman got a handle on it right away, and soon most of the workers were waiting, presenting their best which in some cases wasn't much.
The construction seemed to be going well and at an agreeable pace.
Guidelines for my events

Server Rules
DM Rulings

Return to “Sword Coast Roleplay”