TO DM: Adenith Zau'Afin visits the Charnag Maelthra about an incident

In-Character News, Laws, Announcements, Rumors, and Stories Relating to the Underdark

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Lambert

TO DM: Adenith Zau'Afin visits the Charnag Maelthra about an incident

Unread post by Lambert »

*Adenith Zau'Afin approaches the captain of the Charnag Maelthra with obvious distress and agitation*

Adenith begins, "Good captain, I have an unfortunate incident to report. A citizen of Sshamath and a powerful wizard called Vornerrin Zau'Afin has gone missing and was found naked and half eaten in the caverns of the gols."

The captain of Charnag Maelthra states matter of factly and with some annoyance, "Yes yes what of it. The careless are always getting killed in the tunnels. Why report it to us?"

Adenith sputters, saliva from his fat mouth spreads itself around disgustingly, "Of course they do captain, but Vornerrin was an extremely powerful Faern. And as it happens, one of the Zau'Afin rothes, one of his rothes, a female surface elf is missing. Vornerrin never travelled with his rothes and they both dissapeared around the same time. While his remains have been found, there has been no sign of this rothe, whatsoever."

The captain thinks thoughtfully, "Well, missing rothes is no new thing. But are you suggesting that this rothe is responsible for the death of the Faern? That sounds a little implausible that a mere rothe could dispatch a Faern of Vornerin Zau'Afins ability nau?"

Adenith adds some details with trepidation, "That would be so, except we are naut totally assured that she was a helpless waife if you get my meaning. Zau'Afin captured her on the surface at the request, and might I say for quite some amount of gold, by a group known as the shadow druids. Apparently this elf was someone of annoyance to them, and she was important to the surface elves and needed to be dissapeared. Apparently they wanted her to suffer, not just be killed. So we agreed to make her a rothe. She served us for many cycles until her disspearance."

The captain asks, "Well describe her. What is her name?"

Adenith responds, "Her name is Aloria ap Ravar. She is a wood elf with dark hair. I believe she used to battle with the Charnag Maelthra many years ago on the surface, and crossed swords with Izz'orgoll."

The captain muses, "Izz'orgoll... now that is a name I have naut heard in a long time. That was some time ago. Well the Charnag will report it to the council of Faerns as the death of a citizin and Faern is no small thing. I have no idea what they will do about it. It is likely that this rothe died in the tunnels of the underdark trying to make her escape."

Adenith adds thoughfully, "That sounds reasonable captain, but we found Adenith naked. I believe she took all of his equipment as well as his clothes. He carried many powerful items, possibly she knows how to use these things, and they may have helped her escape. Whatever the council decides about this would be bwael I'm sure, but I would appreciate it if you kept me updated." Adenith drops a bag of gold to the Captain and smiles appreciatively.

The captain states mockingly, "What about your own Qu'ellar, do naut they have their own forces to send after this Rothe?"

Adenith nods sagely and with embarrasment while his round cheeks turning a deep purple, "Well Zau'Afin has been somewhat inactive of late, and this Rothe killed many of our soldiers when we first captured her. I would advise the Charnag and the council to be careful if you pursue her, she is naut to be treated lightly, especially since it appears she likely eliminated one of the most powerful members of Zau'Afin."

The captain nods convinced, "Maybe your Qu'ellar should be more careful in who it takes on as Rothen. Meh! Just another sign of how weak your Qu'ellar has become. I doubt the council will care much about this since it happened outside of Sshamath and it is unconfirmed, but who knows, maybe the council is bored and will do something about it."

Adenith responses appreciatively, "Thank you good captain. I would hate to see this rothe cause anymore harm to our people or the good citizens of Sshamath!"

Waddling away Adenith worries at his shadow, fearfully considering if Aloria ap Ravar, former member of the first elven council, might still be lurking in the underdark seeking her revenge against his house for enslaving her for so long.
12 I will make your battlements of rubies,
your gates of sparkling jewels,
and all your walls of precious stones.

Return to “Underdark Roleplay”