The Adventures of Rah'Elenia, Purple Cloak.

Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

springdryad

The Adventures of Rah'Elenia, Purple Cloak.

Unread post by springdryad »

Rah'Elenia was sitting on the bench outside the Lewd Lyre, with her mandolin on her hands, playing a chord from time to time, she was mainly watching the door, and watching everyone that passed near or through it, smiling to the familiar faces she saw.
Her mind started drifting, recalling that fateful day, when Dragonspear was retaken by the Flaming Fist.

Rain was falling and the little farmlands home was hosting a family discussion, rather heated, the sound of thunders and rainfall muffle most of what is said to those outside.
Inside, stood a very tall and strong woman, wearing a hooded cloak, with sword in belt and shield in hand. In front of her was sitting an old woman in a chair.

"You are going to get killed Elen...Just like Percy, please, don't go"
Said the gray haired woman to the youngster wearing the purple hooded cloak.
"I have to go ma, I promise you, I will come back."
The gray haired woman broke in tears.
"You are no warrior Elen, you are only reckless, don't you dare cross that door."
A bald man with a smoking pipe on his mouth was looking silently, sitting in an old sofa, shaking his head looking at the purple cloak with disapproval.
"I made him a promise, I have to at least try, I know I can help."
The man opened his mouth, smoke and words came out.
"You are throwing your life away, even if you survive, what kind of life is adventuring? Your grandfather was a real soldier...Just like Percy, know your place."

She stood there silent for a moment, thinking about everything she promised, everything she said and everything she thought, she was probably walking into her death, but it didn't matter, because Percy was gone, what's the point?
"Maybe my death can prevent the deaths of many." She said, more so to herself, rather than her parents, and with that she crossed the threshold, going away into the fray, she could hear the cries of her parents in the distance, but she did not stop walking, though she did turn her head back several times, they weren't following her, she was no longer a child, and her parents no longer could keep up with her, long gone were the days where she rested on the arms of her father to be saved from the troubles that a child could get into.

She saw the warriors, soldiers, mercenaries, heading north, she had never been there before, she just followed, not sure where she was going, until she finally arrived, there it stood, Dragonspear.

Elen was feeling many things, anger, fear, duty...But more importantly, she felt faith, faith that somehow, everything would be fine, that she will return home to her parents, and she did. Through the fire and smoke, she did what she could do best, and singed through the whole ordeal, singing songs of Hope and Victory, of Battles and Trials, until it happened, the portal of Dragonspear was closed and Baldur's Gate safe, she saw it all somehow, and lived to tell the tale.

She starts recalling the faces that she saw on the portal room, many of those she had met again, many faces, not enough names, after that, she stood up and went into the Lewd Lyre.
Rah'Elenia Gilmours Bio Journal
login:springdryad
discord: iroquois#7364
Yakonkwe Raterennotha'
♠️Ace of Spades♠️
springdryad

Re: The Adventures of Rah'Elenia, Purple Cloak.

"That just means you can get better opportunities elsewhere."
"There's nothing you're missing my child, you are fine the way you are."

No need to look forlorn, smiles get you far.

"He wouldn't be disappointed, look at all you have done."
"You make us proud, he is proud too, trust."

Walk forward, head high, believe in yourself.

"We are so happy you proved us wrong."
"Thanks, Elen."

Thank you, mom and dad.
Yakonkwe Raterennotha'
♠️Ace of Spades♠️
springdryad

A scroll forgotten on a drawer near her bed reads as follows:

"There's so many blinded people around, too self absorbed to realize what's happening around, I can see it in the eyes, there's nothing human left there, no care at all for life, liars, lust for power, only a cocoon of what a person should be. They are not the same, I know they aren't the same, no matter what people says, many just quickly judge after taking only one look at the issue and refuse to look at it again, even after it changed.

I fear that the true devils are still within, inside me and in this city, that blood lust that they can cause on me, I justify it saying it's a righteous fury, but deep inside I know the truth, that maybe I am becoming like them, the only difference is the banner we wield, is it?

The fact that I can realize this is just proof that maybe I have hope, Varah believes in me, I should believe in my too, but sometimes it's hard, sometimes I feel powerless useless and helpless, because I have no reach to their nest, no reach to affect, as much as I try maybe I am even giving them more ammo.

Only time will tell, I cannot stop fighting, not now."
Yakonkwe Raterennotha'
♠️Ace of Spades♠️
springdryad

"Another night, but I didn't make it all right."
"What were you thinking?"
"You are wrong."
"You can't just go around pointing fingers at people, yelling and accusing them while in drunken rage."

Hide

It's time to make a pilgrimage.

My friend Tycho, we made a pilgrimage.
We stopped by the tomb, to respect the dead.

Then we reached our destination.

I hope we can find some help for Tycho, to understand and know Tempus, it's good to be able to help someone....

Can I even help myself?

Found myself tossing and turning at night, dreaming, memories of him, memories of love and passion and of the past with Percy. Its something that you always loved, but now that hes goes it haunts you at night for when you wake, the pillow next to you is cold and empty. A missing presence and a feeling you dread will never return to you in this life, but you hold you chin up and you do your duty as a knight becuase you know in the end thats what Percy would want. as the time passes you find yourself faulting in your attitude, a darker brooding feeling from within begins to surface. Though you try your best to keep it in check, your dreams of late have started to change, the warm loving imagens of percy begin to warp into a twisted dream of nightmares, where you see him fighting devils, and dieing over and over... you dont know how much more you can take! the dreams are changing you and you know that people are begining to notice, but what can you do? As you sit wake late at night refusing to sleep just for the comfort of knowing the dreams will stay away when you are awake you think how can I fix this, and just as you have done many times before, the idea of talking with your mentor springs to mind, perhaps Alaenna has magics that can stop the dreams, perhaps she can help me finally get rest and put this behind me...

I see Varah sitting in the couch, looking at the chimney.

I tell her everything.

\\\\\Thanks DM Foresight!
Yakonkwe Raterennotha'
♠️Ace of Spades♠️

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”