Character Biographies, Journals, and Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

electric mayhem

Scripted Echoes: Adolamin Marblerune

Unread post by electric mayhem »

Adolamin Marblerune

{Wax seal sigil.}

What is within:
@ gathered monologue narratives of Adolamin's mind.
@ collected works of his plans, designs, recipes and experimental discoveries.
@ omnibus of his personal reviews of various tomes and books of fiction and non.
@ records of in-game experiences of significance.

Biographical Description:
- Dwarven male; Age 115 yrs.
- Long dark brown beard, distinguished silver streaking shot through. Emerald beads, rune engraved, adorn the beard.
- Eye pupils of a deep emerald green, mischievous look to his eyes.
- Larger nose, bit of a kink as if it was broken in his youth.
- Voice typical dwarven accent (scottish) with a wide ranging vocabulary. Speaks, reads and writes in an array of other languages (withheld).
- Typical mage robes, loose fitting, adorned with dwarven runes along the trimming and main body of the cloth.
- Pants are tartan style (ref: Macleod of Harris Ancient style).
- Leather satchel slung from shoulder across body, carried spell book and other essentials for travelling.
- Waist belt contains pouches for many things, including spell components. Loops on belt hold his smoking pipe and drinking tankard.

Traits and Mannerisms
- Periods of idleness, will likely retreat into his spell book whilst puffing away on his smoking pipe.
- Has a small chew toy made of scented rope, after a specific whistle, he would throw it up into the air, for a game of 'fetch' with Ethuul.
- Tends to hold his words in reserve in an deep thinking introverted manner.
- In groups of other jovial dwarves, he will open up to be a friendly jolly sort, especially with a tankard or two of ale under the skin.
- Loves a good laugh, and has a habit of wiggling his over grown bushy eyebrows in a silly manner.

{Personal Dethek Signature}

Portrait
Familiar
Ethuul is a female cave bat familiar that occasionally travels with him. When she is not, she resides in his study, hanging from a rail bolted to one of his bookshelves. She is defined by her silver colouring tipped ears and a line of silvery hair grown down the middle of her body.

Mechanical companion - 'Morinarh'
Morinarh is a mechanical construct, slightly taller than an average dwarf. It has been built to represent a typical dwarven male, portly, stout, and a fake beard has been attached to it. It does not yet speak, but it does understand spoken language to it. A device contraption of mini-pump, leather bag and timing belt has been built within that periodically allows it to emit a "belching" sound. It has also been fit out with clothing to further make it dwarf-like.

Goals
- Write a dwarven compendium on Ale.
- Submit the Ale compendium to Candlekeep
- Create a new arcane spell
>>- Drinking tankard enchantment.
- Discover a new brewing recipe
- Shrink a troll to pint size for experimenting.
- Learn about svirfneblin city illusion magic.
- Learn the Gnome language.
- Undertake research into the history of the ruins where the Stone Giants live.
- Create a new engineered method of ground support for safer mining.

Achievements and notable events in his story.
- Member of the envoy from Kraak Helzak to discover the route to Rockrun, 1354DR.
- Through repeated interactions with gnomes, have successfully learnt Gnomish language.
- Period of time away, loss of his brother, lead him to creating a mechanical companion which he named in honor of his brother.
Last edited by electric mayhem on Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 14 times in total.

~Claret - Proprietor of Clarity Cellars.
~Wouveir - Hellstorm Crew
~Adolamin Marblerune - Arcane Engineer and Lorekeeper citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak. [His Story]
~Harrison Remillard - Morninglord of the Song of the Morning Temple.

electric mayhem

Re: Scripted Echoes: Adolamin Marblerune

Portraits and other Images
Hidden: show
Last edited by electric mayhem on Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

~Adolamin Marblerune - Arcane Engineer and Lorekeeper citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak. [His Story]

electric mayhem

A mind is truly a wondrous thing. It is a vessel that contains our thoughts, our dreams, our memories, our accumulated knowledge and us. I am my mind, and my mind is me. And above all else, it is a sandpit for creation, an inventor’s playground. Truly a blessing of creation from the Errant Explorer himself.

For here I can dream of fantastic creations and feats of engineering that would inspire even the most stubborn of smiths in the hold. Mechanisms of industrial automation; improved thermal convection pumps for hotter forges; ground stress measurement devices so we can monitor the rock better allowing for our miners to excavate larger voids. Oh the plans… the plans that will be scribed in intricate detail.

A good ale is one that you can remember long after the froth has left your moustache. In my mind I remember the Dark Stouts of the Keghold clan, bold, creamy, filling like a meal but with a kick like a mule. And with these memories one can use them to dream of new exciting brew recipes, enough to excite any chief brewer… oh the recipes I have to scribe… yes much scribing I have to do.

Stories are important to our people as they are records of our past, and possibly our future. Fact and fiction alike are important for our mind to digest. As important as the rock beneath our feet must be sturdy and fast for our feet, it must be open enough for us to explore. A good story is one that lives long in our mind, and we can recall the elements of its creation and how events made us feel and their relevance to our own lives, such that maybe, we might imagine ourselves in the very same story. Good stories should be shared… copies made to preserve… aged ones restored… so much scribing to be done.

Memories of laughter, dancing, drinking, eating, working, happy memories… all shared with family. Who are we if not but a sum of those in our clan? One part of a whole, one link in the chain, one rune within the stone. We are one, but we are many. I am part of the Marblerunes, as much as they are a part of me. My mind remembers them, and theirs of me. Born of blood and stone, bonded by spirit of self. Remembering family is important… records must be scribed… the family chains as forged by the Hold smiths, so too must the names be written into time.

Last edited by electric mayhem on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

electric mayhem

"Know this, mageling, and know it well: there is no greater fool than a wizard. The greater the mage, the greater the fool, because we who work magic live in a world of dreams, and chase dreams... and in the end, dreams undo us."
- Khelban "Blackstaff" Arunsun
Words to Would-be Apprentices
Year of the Sword and Stars
(Greenwood, 2007)

Walking through this place I marvel at the architecture, the way the buildings are enveloped around one another, the subtle glow of magic that permeates the stonework itself. Even if, to the untrained eye, the place is dull, boring, barely worth casting a glance at.

Perhaps that is the marvel of this place, the ability for it to elude the attention of those without an inquisitive nature. T'would take master crafts-gnome, men and women alike, to build such a place. But, she said to me "the last dwarves who did not have it, we took this city from them". This could only mean that she was referring to the Gray Dwarves. For I know of no stout-kin that t'would have created such a town so far down into the earth.

Their tunnel work I do find fascinating, such large spans of open void, surely the ground would 'speak' from time to time and dislodge rocks. For rock is full of joints and fractured faults that weather and decay over time with the changing stress in the ground. A form of magic is surely at work here to ensure the safety of their society.

I feel I have many questions that in time, I will have answers to.

Alas first... we must prove our honour.

electric mayhem

Ethuul watching from her hang-rail as I scribe scrolls.
~Scribing Notes~

Spell:~ Tongues
Circle:~ Third
School:~ Divination
Components:~ Verbal, Somatic.

I am told by the wizard Huffler Bronzehold, whom which I learnt this from as my winnings in a game of dice. That the spell is a means by learning a creature's native tongue through divination. It is a simple, quick spell to cast, which can last a fair while so as to allow the caster the opportunity to have a long and lengthy discussion with their intended target.
I imagine many cultural disasters have been averted by clever use of this spell by travelling wizards and other spell casters alike.
After experimenting with this during my own travels, it seems to not assist with regional dialects of common languages. This was discovered whilst staying at the One Foot in the Boat tavern in Yartar. There I found myself ordering what I thought to have been the roast boar and vegetables for supper, turned out to be a "slap in the face" from a young halfling woman. After many apologies and reverting to the trade tongue, I discovered my comments had sleighted her appearance to that of a forest boar.

I find that this is a highly situational spell, which may be used for one off utilitarian purposes, or for a much prolonged purpose of gaining a learned language. I hope to use this spell to assist with learning the gnomish language. To which is why I now scribe a few copies of this to be ready when that opportunity knocks.

electric mayhem

Giants come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but they all hold a few similar traits. One namely being bloody huge.
There appears to be a hold of Stone Giants near to Kraak Helzak, deep in the mountains of the Troll Claws. They have made an ancient fortress ruin their home it would seem... for now.
We came upon the discovery of their group purely by chance as a small group of us had set out from the Hold to explore an area in the Western portion of the mountains. Where upon we discovered the grand sculptured entrance carved into the rock face. The masonry was of high quality, with ornate scribing and carved runes and scenes abound on the pillars and walls of the interior.
It was a few hall ways in before we encountered the first inhabitant.

By all accounts, what we encountered was a stone giant. They were well into 18 feet tall. Skin gray to ashen in colour. Not a hair on their head and eyes as black as coal. Many fought with their bare fists, but for the few that we discovered were wielders of shamanistic powers. And all of them proved to be worthy foe putting up formidable opposition to our Stout force.

Of note, it would appear that they have an artistic spark not unlike dwarven masons. For I came across one that was in the process of carving a scene of what I could guess was related to some moment in his life. The tools were crude and unrefined, by dwarven comparison, but for the purposes of their wielder's work, seemed adequate. We had only just finished dispatching this elder before a younger one walked around the corner, carrying a large water skin, and a basket of food. By the rage like response that came across this ones face, I could only surmise that they were related directly as family... or perhaps even Master and Student mason.

After finding a few treasures and some magic scrolls, we decided to accept our fortunate luck at this time and leave before the entire clan were roused to attack us.

As a side note, I'll need to find some time to research the origins and history of the ruined fortress that they inhabit in the library at Helzak. Perhaps I may even find some answers in the chronicles at Candlekeep.

electric mayhem

In mighty towers they quake with fright,
for the man who kills mages is out tonight.
Bendoglaer Syndrath, Bard of Barrowhill,
from the ballad Death to All Mages
Year of the Bent Coin
(Greenwood 2007)
~Book Review: Book of Shadowdale I~

The book tells of a tale of a time when the Dark Elves ruled Shadowdale up until the early 900s DR. It was a time where the elves of the lands were in retreat as the rapid breeding humans began to swarm in the region due to favorable climate, good soils and defensible lands.

It speaks of a time when the Humans, or Dalesmen as they were known, and still are, made a peace with the elves of the great woods. The author could only mean the great forest of Cormanthor, once home to a wondrous creative idea of social engineering, Myth Drannor. While the theory seemed to hold water, the practical application and longevity of it proved otherwise, but that is a tale for another time. Alas Shadowdale, the very same lands that some of the greatest adventurer's the realm has seen, call home, Lady Storm Silverhand and Elminster if I am not mistaken. And rumours would also speak of one of Storm's sisters, the Witch of Shadowdale residing there too. A mournful tale I am sure.

And alas, the tale of the topic. The story moves on to describe how the drow soon found themselves under continual attack by men and elves alike, a united force in the face of a common foe. It is said the battle proved well until a period of stagnation arose, where the drow retreated into the citadel tower under the command of Azmear, for a year long siege.

Both sides struggled to gain any ground from these footholds until it would appear that even the mighty drow were fouled by the simplest of needs... clean drinking water. It turns out that a slave managed to poison the well in the Tower, resulting in many deaths of drow and forcing them to flee back to the dark depths.

An interesting lesson to be learned here, never underestimate the power of a single soul with nothing to lose.

electric mayhem

So I find myself spending some time in a little Inn just off the main terrace in the East Gate district. It's quite the place, tucked around a corner, one would have to have a nose for ale to find it. And nose I do have.

The "Blade and Stars" says the placard as it proudly swings in the breeze outside. An interesting piece for a sign, that Hester will no doubt tell you the tale of should you ask. It's a funny tale as rumour has it, the sign was purchased from a raiding party in Amn that had plundered it during one of their ventures.

Sauntering inside one is immediately greeted by Hesper, the Innkeeper, and if not him, a grubby kitchen hand that will be all too glad to relieve you of coin and sit you at a table.
Sitting yourself by the fireplace in the main lobby, more often than not you get a sense that the place is clean, cozy and well patroned during the busy hours, as there are tantalizing smells coming from the kitchen that would lure any stomach.

Hesper has a modest but decent range of fermented beverages that I'm sure anyone would find something they like. Myself, I tend to dive deep into the Old Dark Ale keg as well as the Dalelands favourite, Archenwood Stout. Hester must have a good caravan trader with ideal freight holds, for these travel a long way, and they still taste great.

The place mainly caters to travellers or those without more permanent lodgings in the city, and coin to spend. The dining room is smaller than most, but each room has a dining settee for two and regular room service by the hands. Which suits me fine when I'm in the City for business, needing a quiet place to eat, drink, study and sleep. It's a handy place to stay if you're seeking business with the Miner's Guild, Merchant League, various other merchants and the Temple of Mystra is nearby too.

Rumour has it that a female yuan-ti became trapped by a wizard in the walls of the tavern, somewhere and somehow. Sounds a bit poppy cocky to me. But I have seen stranger things in my travels, so as they say, never let the truth get in the way of a good story. I won't lie, I've been casting the odd detect magic spell here and there about the place during my stays to see if I can find any trace of truth to the rumour.
Last edited by electric mayhem on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

electric mayhem

"There is no beast more dangerous to hunt than a man forewarned - save one: a human mage forewarned."
Antarn the Sage
from The High History of Faerunian Archmages Mighty
circa The Year of the Staff
(Greenwood 2007)
The fates do offer many an opportunity for one to prove themselves. Ranging from helping another in need; achieving greatness through feats of grandeur; killing ones nemesis; or to further ones inquisitive nature. What one chooses to do when these opportunities present themselves, defines oneself. I once met a raggedy decrepit bar drunk that I asked what he'd do if the right opportunity would present itself. His reply was something along the lines of "Smile and wave as the opportunity would pass him by."

Friendship comes in all shapes and sizes it would seem as well. While I do consider myself, less racially prejudicial than the significant majority of my kin, I was somewhat surprised and humbled to learn a new level of tolerance and respect. All thanks to an old priest of Moradin named Grendunor. Incredibly this old stout has managed to quasi adopt a young tiefling lass as grand daughter. The Coast does continue to surprise me at every turn.

Shrugging off the discomfort that would have overcome a younger me, I got drawn into their little world and learned that friendship can be found across significant racial divides. Turns out the Brightmantle himself was offering me an opportunity to witness the creation of something quite unique.

As it would happen, they were recently involved in a strange occurrence involving an iron merchant, black ooze infestation and a story enveloping it all that any tavern bard would be proud to embellish. We found ourselves walking the Tradeway South to Nashkel to go about an investigation into the background of the ill fated merchant.
In Nashkel, we spoke to many townsfolk during our quest to find out more details, and beyond my expectations, I feel we may have uncovered a significant regional plot that may have the potential for severe commercial destabilization.

The daunting thing is about these black oozes... is how they can infest people. I do wonder if our foe will see us coming long before we see them.

electric mayhem

The Mythal that rose over the city of Cormanthor was not the most powerful ever spun, but elves still judge it the most important. With love, and out of strife, it was wrought, and was given many rich and strange powers by the many who wove it. Elves still sing of them, and vow their names will live forever, despite the fall of Myth Drannor: the Coronal Eltargrim Irithyl; the Lady Herald Aubaudameira Dree, known to minstrels as "Alais"; the human armathor Elminster, Chosen of Mystra; the Lady Oluevaera Estelda, the legendary Srinshee; the human mage known only as Mentor; the half-elven Arguth of Ambral Isle; High Court Mage Lord Earynspieir Ongluth; the Lords Aulauthar Orbryn and Ondabrar Maendellyn; and the Ladies Ahrendue Echorn, Dathlue Mistwinter, known to bards as 'Lady Steel' and High Lady Alea Dahast. These were not all. Many of Cormanthor joined in the Song that day, and by the grace of Corellon, Sehanine, and Mystra some of their wants and skills found mysterious ways into the Mythal. Some did not, for treachery never died in Cormanthor, whether it was called Myth Drannor or not.

Antarn the Sage
From The High History of Faerunian Archmages Mighty
published circa Year of the Staff
(Greenwood 2007)
~Book Review: On Mythals~

Twas a cool day in the city when I found myself retreating into the Shelf of Many Books in the palace district. Janice welcomed me with her typical cursory glance, short nod, then resumed her focus on a text barely inchs from her nose.

Casually perusing the aisle on magic lore I found myself strangely drawn to this tome labeled,On Mythals, transcribed by Ms Verenach after having apparently found what I can surmise a time worn copy in the ruins of Ulcaster's School of Magic. I appreciate that effort was made, as not every blundering adventurer would have the common decency to recognise the importance of doing such a deed, let alone see the value of such texts.

Or perhaps my curiosity was biased with my inherent interest in the topic at hand. Who that walks this realm with a sane mind would not truly recognise the splendor of the idea of the magic of Mythals?

The tome informs the reader the basic theory of Mythals and the common traits that are known about them. An interesting point is the reference about that Mythals have a sentient consciousness. I had heard that some of the more powerful Mythals, particularly the one at Myth Drannor, require the life sacrifices of powerful mages to fuel the consciousness. And each adds a particular element of magic to the overall ward itself.

Ah, and there is the section about the failures of those whom have tried lesser forms of this magic. I have a little poem about it.
Oh woe betide the mages that have tried.
Whilst brave and foolish their lack of prep,
the price of such will require their lives.

I'd make a terrible bard.

Mythals are in theory one of the finest artforms of magic. And it would be considered an art, a creation of magical brilliance, combined with the meddling of nature as we bring about a sentient life into being.
I wonder if raising children are as difficult?

electric mayhem

Communication is probably the most important tool of sentient species. This can be done in many forms which are all experienced through the different senses of our humanoid bodies. Touch, sight, smell, taste, and sound. Tis a humorous thought that there lacks a guidebook on the rules of communication for sentient species, considering how large a part it plays in every day life. It is definitely a skill that is learned as one experiences their life; as to how well or quick one picks up adequate skill in communicating, depends on the individual.

Touch.
By delivering a blood spattering blow to someones nose with your fist, you are likely telling the recipient, "I don't like yeh". Been on the receiving end of a few o' these in my youth. The message was loud and clear and me nose hasn't been the same since.
The tender touch of a lover's hand on yer arm, tells one that you are special to them and they care fer yeh.

Sight
Hah, this is often humorous and misinterpreted almost as much as written words. Context is very important when it comes to interpreting a scene before yeh. Take fer instance, a rager runnin' at yeh full steam, axe flailing about, and them wailin' their battle cry. I'd immediately think, "I'm bout to be cleaved in two... Toime to go."
But. If'n I was to turn round an' see the Goblin hoard behind me, runnin' away from me and the rapidly approachin' rager. Then I'd immediately think, "They're about to be cleaved in two, toime fer them to go".

Smell
S'pose to an extent context is important with smell too. Fer instance if'n one is travelling with a band o' warriors and an ungodly stench suddenly assails the group. Everyone would typically begin scrunchy nose sniffing and eyeing one another with an accusing stare. But... if'n yer had all just stepped into a swamp lands filled with decaying and rotting vegetation... it would be a completely different interpretation.
Another great note about smells communicating is baking doughy goods. Baked goods have a distinct aroma when they are 'ready'. Everyone knows it... it's almost an innate learning for all sentient races.

Taste
Taste's a fairly simple one to interpret, especially when it comes to food. Yer either like the taste or ye don't. Where things can get complicated is when some foods, which are incredibly nutritious and good fer yer body, fer some reason, dun taste very good. Whereas alot o' the incredible tasting pastries and other sweeter food types... taste incredible... makin' yeh want more and more o' them, but they aren't very nutritious at all. I call it, the Food Trap.

And finally, Sound.
This is the one most people immediately think of when it comes to communication, as it's the most easily usable, interpret able and accessible by all sentient species. Contrary to ease of use... it's quite possibly one of the most hardest to correctly interpret at times. Depending upon the context of course.
Fer thousands of years, likely longer, we've relied on making sound for meaning. This would typically involve pre-organising with recipients of the messages, an understanding of what each particular sound means. Common example is modern day armed warfare horn signalling.

But on the simple matter of sound, we are each given the ability to orate a message, idea or declaration to those around us, all thanks to our tongues. The tongue is an amazing collection of muscles that have the power to give pleasure, cause pain, share knowledge, spout ideology, taste food, savour good ales, and most importantly, vocalise oneself in many languages.

Over the years I have learnt many different languages due to many different circumstances I've found myself in, and thus requiring the need to communicate in an adequate manner. Once again I have found myself in need of learning a language to better equip myself to deal with matters of importance at this time. Thankfully, there are those around me, that were readily accessible to teach and help me understand such that I've become a fluent speaker of the Gnome tongue.

electric mayhem

A throne is a prize that petty and cruel folk most often fight over. Yet, on bright mornings, 'tis but a chair.
Ralderick Hallowshaw, Jester
from To Rule a Realm, From Turret to Midden
published circa The Year of the Bloodbird
(Greenwood 2007)
We are told from a very young age that we must honour and revere the gods.
Depending upon your station and where your upbringing is, what race, and a few other choice factors, namely your parentage and their faiths; would ultimately determine what deity you will find yerself favouring above all others.

Whilst there are times and places to invoke the names of other deities to give thanks, or damnation pending the circumstances, we do find ourselves ultimately drawn to a particular faith.

It could be argued that having a primary faith is us as sentient beings finding our place in the realms. It helps define who we are, gives us a sense of belonging, and to some, purpose.

Beings look to their respective faiths in times of need more than times of calm. But at what point would one give up.
At what point is one beyond repent, beyond saving, and becomes a damned soul, eternally tormented... and then what lies in store for them.

I believe I have recently encountered such souls.

And they reminded me of a reading long ago, about the nine circles of Baator and the second of nine, Dis.
It is said that Dis is a flat barren wasteland, with naught landmarks bar the great Iron City of Dis, spanning a great distance.
Tormented souls, trapped on the plane were owned by the Lord of Dis, where their eternal wails of woe created a haunting mournful ambient noise.
Or so the tales and records go.

For during the recent visit to the Bridgefort, and in the company of the Northern Watch, we were assaulted during supper by these spectres. Even as they swam through the air towards us, they were wailing in their mournful cries of agony and torment. Eternally suffering.
Fortunately there was enough magic gathered amongst us to push them back.
Even though we dissipated their presence here ... did we truly end their existence?... or did we send them back to suffer further at the hands of those wielding the chains?

From what I saw... and if I was right... that is not a fate I would wish on anyone.

electric mayhem

The wise ruler leaves time among audiences and promenades for reception of daggers - usually in the royal back
Ralderick Hallowshaw, Jester
from To Rule A Realm, From Turret to Midden
published circa The Year of the Bloodbird
(Greenwood 2007)
Magic is an incredible gift. And it comes in all shapes, sizes, colours, languages, and scales of destruction.

Gondite technicians harness the wonders of science and magic, along with a healthy dose of divine support, to create pseudo life in their mechanations. If you ask many of them what sort of magic this is, quite a few may laugh with pride at you, and correct you that it is all technological skill. Typical engineers.

Rune magic is no less powerful... but on a much simpler scale. To the untrained eye, a collection of ornate carvings which would be mistaken for artful intent, may otherwise hold long prepared magics, which would release under the proper command or physical action.

Magic has the power to heal the sick, mend the broken, make the impossible seem possible, and cause great destruction.

I'd argue there are no laws when dealing with raw energy. Merely guidelines to minimise risk of hazardous events occurring to the caster or those around them. Of course, there are those whom would frolic in the chaotic ferocity of the wild unleashed. Pure chaos magic unleashed... is a fearsome sight. But to channel such power requires focus of the caster, but also focii in the physical world.

Prepared magics can be housed in many things. Just ask any of the traditional elves about how their lives are symbiotically entwined with magic. It is all about them and their way of life in their villages and cities. Other societies 'dabble' in magic by comparison.

The most common form of physical object to bind magic too is the conventional wand. And these too come in all shapes and sizes. Much like beards. That will be another tale.
Wands, commonly around the fifteen inches mark, made of wood, metal, bone, and either aesthetically or functionally adorned with crystals and inscriptions. Many that practice magic have used a variety of wands to varying levels of success. Some go one step further and take the time to learn to craft and enchant their own.
There are those in the circle that would call it a chore.

I find it allows one quiet contemplative periods of thought, sitting in a favourite chair, in front of a warm fire, whittling away on a choice piece of oak. Of course, don't forget to clean up after yourself, lest you piss off the Innkeep that keeps your mug filled while doing this!

electric mayhem

~Ode to Ye my Brother~

A rift in the land,
earth and stone torn asunder.
Where light falls to dark,
the stout toil under.

The gash becomes a scar,
for all upon to see.
Time before, long for,
tears for that do weep.

Peer across I do see,
you stand with ours gone.
Your smile beams beneath,
your beard still so long.

I raise a tankard filled,
a tasty cold frother.
Harken, hail and so long,
my honored elder Brother.
Aye, Morinarh, we may have not seen eye to eye on all things, but I did respect and love ye, my Brother. Too soon have yeh been taken from this world.
But not long will be my mourning, as I know ye go to the halls of our fathers and be welcomed at the table of the Morndinsamman.
Yeh was always the more devout of us two and I trust that Dumathoin has called ye so early in yer years to share with him yer cruddy but humourous jests.

A lesson in humility was learned in blood that fateful day, one that many of us will long remember. Thankful I was to have arrived in the tendays prior to have shared many a meal with ye before no more.
While our kind may consider ourselves experts in underground excavation, complacency and overconfidence can and has been a weakness, time and time again over the generations.
I take the knowledge of this blood-won lesson in mining with me and return to another home far from yer place in stone.

Farewell my brother.

Adolamin places the quill back into the holder, lets his entry dry before closing his journal, leaning back in the chair, looks briefly about the small quarters he has returned to in Kraak Helzak, before letting his eyes rest on his familiar, Ethuul, hanging up-side-down on her rod perch.

Return to “Character Biographies and Journals”