SPELLING ERRORS REPORT THREAD

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Ewe

Re: SPELLING ERRORS REPORT THREAD

Unread post by Ewe »

I updated this page on the wiki:

https://wiki.bgtscc.net/index.php?title=Trade_Domain

The strref per domains.2da for description is 16778916. It does not match the spell ids listed in the 2da.

Suggest changing from:
The Trade domain is a deity domain that grants divine spellcasters trade spell powers.
Deities: Abbathor, Nephthys, Shaundakul, Vergadain, Waukeen.

<b>Domain Special Ability and Bonus Spells</b>
- Granted Power: You gain a reputation feat. The feat grants you a 10% discount from all merchants and an additional +2 bonus on all Bluff, Intimidate, and Diplomacy checks because of your reputation.
- The cleric gains access to the following spells at the specified spell level: <i>Eagle's Splendor (1), Sending (3), True Seeing(4), Mind Blank (9)</i>.
To:
The Trade domain is a deity domain that grants divine spellcasters trade spell powers.
Deities: Abbathor, Nephthys, Shaundakul, Vergadain, Waukeen.

- Granted Power: You gain a reputation feat. The feat grants you a 10% discount from all merchants and an additional +2 bonus on all Bluff, Intimidate, and Diplomacy checks because of your reputation.
- The cleric gains access to the following spells at the specified spell level: <i>Appraising Touch (1), Identify (2), Sending (3), True Seeing (4), Protection from Spells (8), Mind Blank (9)</i>.
AKA Dae-Glyth
Discord: Dae-Glyth#1759
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

I updated this page on the wiki:

https://wiki.bgtscc.net/index.php?title=Travel_(domain)

The strref per domains.2da for description is 16777450. It does not match the spell ids listed in the 2da.

Suggest changing from:

Clerics who take the Travel domain gain access to spells related to movement.

- The cleric gains access to the following spells at the specified spell level: <i>Dimension Door (4), Teleport (5), Greater Teleport (7).</i>
to:

Clerics who take the Travel domain gain access to spells related to movement.

- The cleric gains access to the following spells at the specified spell level: <i>Longstrider (1), Dimension Door (4), Teleport (5), Find the Path (6), Greater Teleport (7), Mass Pass Wall (9).</i>
AKA Dae-Glyth
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

Part of the Drunken Master's description (17073) has some spelling and grammar issues.

1. "a attack" to "an attack"
2. "fist of forest" should be "Fist of the Forest"
3. Missing oxford comma in unarmed damage class list.
4. "improvise" should be plural and the "with" removed
5. In general class names are proper nouns.
<b>Improvised Weapons:</b> While bottles and tankards are a drunken master's preferred improvised weapons, from 2nd level he can use furniture, farm implements, or nearly anything else at hand to attack his foes. When using this ability the drunken master will randomly find and equip one of: broken bottle (dagger), discarded tool (kama), torn off table-leg or root (club), piece of plank or long branch (quarterstaff). A drunken master's improvised weapons deal bonus damage depending on how great their unarmed damage is (up to a max damage bonus of 2d10), and have a attack bonus of 1 per 2 drunken master levels. Most improvised weapons deal bludgeoning damage, although some would deal piercing or slashing damage. Only monk, drunken master and fist of forest levels count for the bonus damage. The weapons that the drunken master improvise with can break at any time, but typically last for 9-16 rounds. Cooldown 20 rounds.
My suggestion is to update it like this (I have done so on the wiki page):
<b>Improvised Weapons:</b> While bottles and tankards are a Drunken Master's preferred improvised weapons, from 2nd level he can use furniture, farm implements, or nearly anything else at hand to attack his foes. When using this ability the Drunken Master will randomly find and equip one of: broken bottle (dagger), discarded tool (kama), torn off table-leg or root (club), piece of plank or long branch (quarterstaff). A Drunken Master's improvised weapons deal bonus damage depending on how great their unarmed damage is (up to a max damage bonus of 2d10), and have an attack bonus of 1 per 2 Drunken Master levels. Most improvised weapons deal bludgeoning damage, although some would deal piercing or slashing damage. Only Monk, Drunken Master, and Fist of the Forest levels count for the bonus damage. The weapons that the Drunken Master improvises can break at any time, but typically last for 9-16 rounds. Cooldown 20 rounds.
AKA Dae-Glyth
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

According to the wiki Nimne suggests that Eagle's Splendor is now also a Druid spell. The live spells.2da seems to confirm this. However, there is no custom spell description listed for it in the spells.2da -- it still uses the base game's description which does not include Druid 2 in the spell description.
AKA Dae-Glyth
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

I updated Animal Domain on wiki per domains.2da https://wiki.bgtscc.net/index.php?title=Animal_(domain)

The spell list in the description with strref 16779149 (1933) per domains.2da is not correct.

1. Not only is it missing spells, but it lists spells it doesn't actually grant.

2. Siamorphe is listed in the description as well. This deity doesn't list Animal Domain on any of the wiki pages. Also, the portfolio is something about nobility and human royalty. Is Animal Domain really assigned to this deity? I'm not a lore expert on this one.
The Animal domain is a deity domain that grants divine spellcasters animal related spell powers.
Deities: Chauntea, Gwaeron Windstrom, Lurue, Malar, Mielikki, Shiallia, Siamorphe, Silvanus, Ubtao, Thard Harr, Aerdrie Faenya, Fenmarel Mestarine, Baervan Wildwanderer, Segojan Earthcaller.

- Granted Power: Animal Companion
- The cleric gains access to the following spells at the specified spell level: <i>Cat's Grace (2), Protection vs Insects (3), True Seeing (4), Conjure Animals (6)</i>.
The correct spell list is:
Hold Animal (1), Cat's Grace (2), Dominate Animal (3), Greater Magic Fang (4), Conjure Animals (6)
AKA Dae-Glyth
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

Bear Warrior StrRef 16777668 (452):

1. Many words spelled wrong:
Many people, particularly those in the "uncivilized" regions of the world, revere bears as symbols of the warrior's strength and battle prowess.
By adopting the bear as a totem anima, warriors of these people hope to tap into some of the bear's strength.
Bear warriors, through a sepcial relationship with bear spiritis, literally adopt a bear's strength in the rage of battle, actually transforming into bears while they fight.
Only characters who can already tap into a spiriftual powr of rage can heighten that power to become bear warriors.
Suggested change:
Many people, particularly those in the "uncivilized" regions of the world, revere bears as symbols of the warrior's strength and battle prowess.
By adopting the bear as a totem animal, warriors of these people hope to tap into some of the bear's strength.
Bear warriors, through a special relationship with bear spirits, literally adopt a bear's strength in the rage of battle, actually transforming into bears while they fight.
Only characters who can already tap into a spiritual power of rage can heighten that power to become bear warriors.

2. Class Skills list is not correct:
- <b>Class Skills:</b> Intimidate, Listen, Lore: Local, Survival, and Taunt.
Per the cls_skill_bwarrior.2da, the list should be:
- <b>Class Skills:</b> Intimidate, Listen, Lore: Local, Lore: Nature, Survival, and Taunt.
AKA Dae-Glyth
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

Dissonant Chord StrRef 16792722 (15506)

1. Reflex should be spelled out fully:
- <b>High Saves:</b> Ref, Will.

2. The skills list is missing the Parry skill per cls_skill_dischord.2da. This is potentially misleading information.
- <b>Class Skills:</b> Appraise, Bluff, Craft Alchemy, Craft Armor, Craft Weapon, Concentration, Diplomacy, Hide, Listen, Lore: Arcana, Lore: Architecture and Engineering, Lore: Dungeoneering, Lore: Geography, Lore: History, Lore: Local, Lore: Nature, Lore: Nobility and Royalty, Lore: Religion, Lore: The Planes, Move Silently, Perform, Spellcraft, and Tumble.
3. Mordenkainen's Disjunction should not be plural in the description.
4. The description states "(no prestige classes count and this has a +25 max cap)" while the wiki states "(Dissonant Chord and Stormsinger prestige classes count toward this and Anti-Magic Melody has a +25 max cap)". If the wiki is correct than the description in-game is misleading. This is potentially misleading information.
- <b>Anti-Magic Melody:</b> At 5th level, a dissonant chord can use her Perform skill to negate magic. This works as Mordenkainen's Disjunctions with a cap equal to her bard level (no prestige classes count and this has a +25 max cap). This potent ability is quite exhausting to use as each time it is activated it uses four of her bardic music uses for the day.
AKA Dae-Glyth
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

Pale Master description StreRef 16777646 (430)

1. Raised is spelled incorrectly.
<color=Purple> BG has modified this class. Touch attack DC's rasied, summons power raised, Crit immunity is fixed, and spell progression is 6/10 </color>

2. As stated in another thread. The saves are misleading, it should be only Will for high saves.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=68979
- <b>High Saves:</b> Fortitude and Will.

3. The skills list is missing Disguise. Also, the Lore skills are not correct. This is misleading information.
- <b>Class Skills:</b> Concentration, Craft Alchemy, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Diplomacy, Heal, Hide, Listen, Lore, Move Silently, and Spellcraft.
The correct spell list per cls_skill_palemaster.2da is:

Concentration, Craft Alchemy, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Diplomacy, Disguise, Heal, Hide, Listen,
Lore: Arcana, Lore: Architecture & Engineering, Lore: Dungeoneering, Lore: Geography, Lore: History, Lore: Local, Lore: Nature, Lore: Nobility and Royalty, Lore: Religion, Lore: The Planes, Move Silently, and Spellcraft.
4. "Summon Undead is not the name of the spell like ability, it is "create undead."
- <b>Summon Undead:</b> At 4th level, the pale master can use <i>summon undead</i> as a spell-like ability once per day.

5. This DC may not be correct, it should say Cha Mod or Int mod?
- <b>Undead Graft:</b> At 6th level, the pale master performs a horrific operation that replaces one of his arms with a supernaturally-animated, undead appendage. The pale master may make a touch attack with this arm that paralyzes the target twice per day. At 8th level, the pale master may use this touch attack three times per day. At 10th level, the pale master's undead graft touch attack kills the target if it fails its save, instead of paralyzing it. <color=Gold>DC = (10 + Palemaster Level + Cha Mod)</color>

6. Receives spelled wrong at end of description.
- Recieves an additional caster level at level 10.

7. What documentation?
- The Palemaster Summons have been improved, see documentation.
AKA Dae-Glyth
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

Morninglord of Lathander
Description 16777219 (3)

1. Dawnbringeo?
Morninglords of Lathander, also referred to as Dawnbringeo, are a group of devoted priests who urge respect toward one's fellows and the natural...

2. Plural of Morninglords should be singular.
- <b>Spells Per Day:</b> At each Morninglords level,

3. Plural of Morninglords should be singular.
- <b>Bonus Feats:</b> Bonus Feats: At Level 2, the Morninglords gains Improved Turning. At level 3, they gain Extra Turning II. At level 6, they gain Divine Vengeance. At level 10, they gain Empower Turning and Extra Turning III.

4. The "Fatal Touch" is Kelemvor's weapon, should this instead say "Dawnspeaker" as in Lathander's weapon?
5. No apostrophe for possessive on "Morninglords."
6. Plural of Morninglords should be singular.
- <b>Bond of <i>Fatal Touch</i> :</b> The Morninglords devotion has helped him to establish certain supernatural links. These links manifest in the form of a pale green nimbus around the weapon, representing the ability of a Morninglords to increase the power of the weapons he wields.

7. Too many spaces between "invoked a"
8. No apostrophe for possessive on "Morninglords."
The ability lasts for 1 round each time it is used, and can be invoked a number of times per day equal to the Morninglords Charisma bonus (minimum one). A Morninglord must decide to use the ability before attacking, and if the attack misses that use is wasted.

9. For grammar reasons suggest changing:
(DC 10 + 1/2 MorningLords class level + MorningLords Wisdom bonus)
to:
(DC 10 + 1/2 Morninglord class level + Wisdom modifier)

10. Missing apostrophe on possesive of "Lathanders."
- <b>Lathanders Grace:</b>
AKA Dae-Glyth
VDub

Unread post by VDub »

Ewe wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:41 pm Morninglord of Lathander
Description 16777219 (3)

1. Dawnbringeo?
Morninglords of Lathander, also referred to as Dawnbringeo, are a group of devoted priests who urge respect toward one's fellows and the natural...

:dance:
There was a priest who loved the sun and Dawnbringeo was his name-o!
Dawnbringeo! :clap:
Cuz that's his freakin name-o!
:dance:
Solomon, Luckbringer of Tymora ~ A copper to the Lady, returns tenfold in gold!!
Dartryn Mallocant, Evoker Mage ~ "Do you have time to talk about magic?"
Traegan Daershun, Archer of the Whitewood Vanguard ~ "Of course we'll help...for a price."
Zethrenx99

Unread post by Zethrenx99 »

Circle of Death:
In its description in game and in the wiki it states that "A number of enemy creatures ..." When it should say "A number of creatures" as the spell affects allies.
Keneki Koga- Fighting his inner devil. RETIRED
Emma Sxn'Tubxs- Suppressing her emotions.Theme!
Yuki- Probably sniffing you from a distance.
Varus Montell- Probably blowing himself up with a new bomb
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

Spelling errors above should be fixed next update except circle of death as it should only affect enemies if I am to believe the script.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Zethrenx99

Unread post by Zethrenx99 »

Valefort wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:54 am Spelling errors above should be fixed next update except circle of death as it should only affect enemies if I am to believe the script.
Maybe i had a fluke then, because it did kill Kip in my last usage of it while we where killing some dire bears.
Keneki Koga- Fighting his inner devil. RETIRED
Emma Sxn'Tubxs- Suppressing her emotions.Theme!
Yuki- Probably sniffing you from a distance.
Varus Montell- Probably blowing himself up with a new bomb
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

Bane of Beshaba
StrRef 16779092 (1880)

1. Incorrect line break in second sentence.
2. "hare hand" should be "bare hand"? (in red)
3. Add missing "touch" (in yellow)
4. Spells should be capitalized as proper nouns. Many cases.
5. "Beshaha" should say "Beshaba" (in yellow)
Caster Level(s): Clr 2
Innate Level: 2
School: Abjuration [Beshaba]
Component(s): Verbal, Somatic
Range: Touch
Area of Effect / Target: One Creature
Duration: Special (see text)
Save: No
Spell Resistance: Yes

Faithful of Beshaba only.

This spell confers a curse upon a single living creature that cannot be ended by dispel magic or other magical effects. A priest of Beshaba must physically touch the
recipient with a hare hand to cast this spell, requiring a successful touch attack roll. The curse inflicts a -2 decrease in dexterity and a -2 decrease in saving throws. The curse lasts one or several days depending on Behsaba's whims.

In a spiritual sense, the bane of Beshaba is the reversed version of the favor of Tymora spell employed by the servants of Beshaba's nemesis. The spells favor of Tymora and bane of Beshaba automatically cancel each other out if cast on the same creature. Only one bane and favor spell can be in effect upon a creature at any one time. Additional castings of bane of Beshaba have no effect while one bane of Beshaba is still in effect. Beshaha imposes no restrictions on her priests as to how many times this spell can be cast upon a creature.
With the suggested corrections the text description becomes:

Caster Level(s): Clr 2
Innate Level: 2
School: Abjuration [Beshaba]
Component(s): Verbal, Somatic
Range: Touch
Area of Effect / Target: One Creature
Duration: Special (see text)
Save: No
Spell Resistance: Yes

Faithful of Beshaba only.

This spell confers a curse upon a single living creature that cannot be ended by Dispel Magic or other magical effects. A priest of Beshaba must physically touch the recipient with a bare hand to cast this spell, requiring a successful touch attack roll. The curse inflicts a -2 decrease in dexterity and a -2 decrease in saving throws. The curse lasts one or several days depending on Behsaba's whims.

In a spiritual sense, the Bane of Beshaba is the reversed version of the Favor of Tymora spell employed by the servants of Behsaba's nemesis. The spells Favor of Tymora and Bane of Beshaba automatically cancel each other out if cast on the same creature. Only one bane and favor spell can be in effect upon a creature at any one time. Additional castings of Bane of Beshaba have no effect while one Bane of Beshaba is still in effect. Beshaba imposes no restrictions on her priests as to how many times this spell can be cast upon a creature.
Updates applied to wiki at https://wiki.bgtscc.net/index.php?title=Bane_of_Beshaba
AKA Dae-Glyth
Ewe

Unread post by Ewe »

Morninglord of Lathander
Description 16777219 (3)

Hey thanks for updating the text in the 25-Feb-2019 release.

However, a new typo was made.

1. Correct "Dawnspeaker" in description text.
- <b>Bond of <i>Dwanspeaker</i> :</b> The Morninglord's devotion has helped him to establish certain supernatural links. These links manifest in the form of a pale green nimbus around the weapon, representing the ability of a Morninglord to increase the power of the weapons he wields.

2. Also I missed this first time around, but the saves are incorrectly listed. In the classes.2da this class gets CLS_SAVTHR_CLER, so it should get both high Fort and Will, but the description only says high Will:
- <b>High Saves:</b> Will.
change to:
- <b>High Saves:</b> Fortitude and Will.
AKA Dae-Glyth

Return to “Bug Reports and Mechanical Issues”