Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Legofsalmon

Re: Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Unread post by Legofsalmon »

Hiss of Sleep doesn't seem to display anything in the combat log and because it is also bugged in that creatures don't actually lay down (even ones which im sure have an animation for sleep like goblins?) It makes it very difficult to tell if it's worked or not. Also even ones that do lay down seem to stand back up before the duration is over ;s.
Hoppy Toadmeadow Very active
Elvaene De'lindessa Semi-active
Nina Tidytoes (Plar) Inactive
Stolcor

Unread post by Stolcor »

The Paladin spell Righteous Fury (and probably Righteous Glory too - I didn't have enough spellslots to check) does not properly stack with Draconic Might when the Paladin has Draconic Heritage.

With Draconic Heritage, he gets +5 to STR, CON, CHA and NA. That works just fine.
Righteous Fury is supposed to add a +4 Sacred Bonus on top of other STR Bonuses. I know it only works at the time of casting, if you try to add any other strength buffs after the sacred bonus, it doesn't stack properly. So, whether it's bulls' or Draconic or an item, you have to have it up before you add the sacred. (Is *that* a bug that can be fixed?)

So, a Paladin with Draconic Heritage should be able to cast Draconic Might first for +5, then Righteous Fury/Glory to bring his STR and CHA up to +9, albeit for a very short time.

When I just tried this, I got the +5 from Draconic Might (STR went from 18 to 23). But then Righteous Fury only added 3, not 4 (stopped at 26).

EDIT/Update: While you're at it, adding Righteous Fury after Draconic Might allowed the stacked total of +8 to stay even after Draconic Might expired.
RedLancer

Unread post by RedLancer »

Sacred Purification is supposed to heal allies and harm undead. It does these things, but it also heals all non-undead non-allies.

That is, it heals all non-undead in the area, including non-party members and hostiles.
Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

Elaborate Parry at 24 parry ranks gives 0 deflection bonus.

Tried relogging.

Maybe reset will fix, will note if it doesn't.

Edit1:

Tested in combat to see if it was just a character sheet bug.
I have 35 AC without any deflection bonus.
I have 24 parry ranks, which should give me +4 deflection bonus
Furthermore, Dodge and Swashbuckler Dodge gives me +2 hidden AC.

After a prolonged fight to ensure Dodge and Swb dodge trigger, I still got hit on an attack roll of 38. I should only get hit on 41 in a 1 vs 1 duel. Even without my hidden AC, I should have 39 AC.

Waiting for reset to see if it fixes.

Edit2:

Server reset fixed it
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Unread post by Rhifox »

Scroll of Thunderlance has no cast option. It only allows you to Examine, Drop, or Appraise.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
portos

Unread post by portos »

Greater Teleport

When this scroll is bought at Candlekeep it has Class restriction of Bard, Wizard, Sorcerer , when bought at Sorcerer Sundies in Eastgate it has a class restriction Of Wizard Sorcerer it does not allow a bard to use it.

I assume its because the spell was amended in an expansion or custom content so there different versions kicking around.
zhazz

Unread post by zhazz »

Raise Dead

Some scrolls of this spell are usable by all classes, while others are only usable by divine casters.
Spell descriptions on both scrolls are entirely identical.

While I am personally against everyone having acess to a raise dead spell, I would prefer that the scrolls remain consistent.
Adrian Baker - An innocent virtuoso (bio | journal)
Relyth Ravan'Thala - Bear of an Elf
Timothy Daleson - Paladin Wand Maker
Duncan Matsirani - A wanderer
YourMoveHolyMan
Recognized Donor

Unread post by YourMoveHolyMan »

zhazz wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:59 pm Raise Dead

Some scrolls of this spell are usable by all classes, while others are only usable by divine casters.

While I am personally against everyone having acess to a raise dead spell, I would prefer that the scrolls remain consistent.
I believe the ones players scribe are the only ones that have the class requirement attached, I could be mistaken though.
Michael Dunn

“There is more than one sort of prison, Captain," Chirrut said. "I sense that you carry yours wherever you go.”
zhazz

Unread post by zhazz »

YourMoveHolyMan wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:11 pm
zhazz wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:59 pm Raise Dead

I believe the ones players scribe are the only ones that have the class requirement attached, I could be mistaken though.
That could very well be. Even so, they should be the same. Or the Raise Dead that everyone can use, should be renamed so there is no confusion.
Adrian Baker - An innocent virtuoso (bio | journal)
Relyth Ravan'Thala - Bear of an Elf
Timothy Daleson - Paladin Wand Maker
Duncan Matsirani - A wanderer
Rhifox

Unread post by Rhifox »

Scroll of Baleful Polymorph has no cast option. It only allows you to Examine, Drop, or Appraise. It also costs only 75 gold to create.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Is Bigby's bugging out?!?

In a recent DM event, there were a number of epic sorcerer Mobs throwing out Bigby's. Which was what they should be doing. But then something VERY weird happened: my toon Simsae was attacking the hell out of the Bigby's Hand, but as you can see from the pic below, it had an altogether weird name + icon, and even after getting it down to Zero HP, my toon couldn't "kill" it.

And I was totally stuck in place by the spell. All I could do was attack it, in an endless loop. Eventually, Bloodvine had to manually "remove" whatever the hell it actually was at this point in totally FUBAR status.

So my question is: what the heck bugged out here? And, why is Bigby's such a mess in the first place? Maybe consider going back to how Bigby's once was?!?

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Nebulak

Unread post by Nebulak »

So I cast Greater Planar binding yesterday, But I think I miscast the spell because I summoned a MOOOOOOOVANIC Deva instead of a movanic deva. (It summoned a sleeping dire cow instead of giving me the option to choose my summon)

TitanMachine

Unread post by TitanMachine »

Improved critical (whip) is still missing. I have exotic weapon proficiency, and weapon focus whip. Other exotic weapon Improved critical feats are available to my character. Is the improved critical (whip) feat missing by design, or is it on the to do list? Thanks.
Rhifox

Unread post by Rhifox »

Are you trying to take it from from a class's bonus feats list, or just on a general feat? If a class bonus feat list, which class?
Diamore

Unread post by Diamore »

Mystra's Secret Spell Stash is no longer using full caster level, it is now launching only 2 missiles.

Edit: It seems to do this at random. It has now gone back to the normal number of missiles.
Ms Mackarty: Humble and unassuming wanderer
Mora Eldris: Talkative.
Sera Lowe: Nervous ex-commoner
Rachel Evermonte: Painfully serious knight

Return to “Solved Problems”