Spell bugs compilation list

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

NegInfinity

Re: Spell bugs compilation list

Unread post by NegInfinity »

Magic Cirlcle of Protection from Alignment - Good still uses the original "huge rotating glowing circle" vfx. Magic Circle of Protection from Alignment - Evil doesn't.
MrPsion

Unread post by MrPsion »

Quill Barrage caster level 7 consistently does 1 point of damage
Slunko

Unread post by Slunko »

Greater Magic Fang keeps falling off me;

It used to be that once you've cast it on yourself while in animal form you could then shift out and then shift into another form while still keeping the buff. That is no longer the case and as soon as I shift out of my first form, the magic fang vanishes.

It may not seem like much, but what that encourages is staying in one form all the time which severely limits the RP of encounters when you know you don't have that + to AB/damage if you shift out to say a few words.

EDIT: After testing, it seems that only the magical beast form makes it drop from you. You can shift around all you want and it stays, animal form, dragon form, elemental form, but when you jump into magical beast form again, it takes it away. I would guess it's due the feat not really being commonly used so it wasn't tested in that regard.
Last edited by Slunko on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galean, Rock and Gale Enterprises
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin
Remus the Marauding Malarite
dedude
Retired Staff

Unread post by dedude »

Slunko wrote:Greater Magic Fang keeps falling off me;

It used to be that once you've cast it on yourself while in animal form you could then shift out and then shift into another form while still keeping the buff. That is no longer the case and as soon as I shift out of my first form, the magic fang vanishes.

It may not seem like much, but what that encourages is staying in one form all the time which severely limits the RP of encounters when you know you don't have that + to AB/damage if you shift out to say a few words.
I believe that is working as intended. The spell is enchanting your natural weapons (fangs, claws, etc.). When you shift out of the form, those natural weapons disappear.

Balance wise it probably doesn’t hurt that shifter druids have this small challenge.
Nyeleni
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Nyeleni »

Of course it hurts. Druids don't have that many spell slots.
Truman Capote, Breakfast At Tiffany's
"... - it's better to look at the sky than live there. Such an empty place; so vague. Just a country where the thunder goes and things disappear."
Slunko

Unread post by Slunko »

dedude wrote:
Slunko wrote:Greater Magic Fang keeps falling off me;

I believe that is working as intended. The spell is enchanting your natural weapons (fangs, claws, etc.). When you shift out of the form, those natural weapons disappear.

Balance wise it probably doesn’t hurt that shifter druids have this small challenge.

I mean, it enhances the creatures natural weapons. If the creature shifts, it enhances that forms natural weapons, so as far as I'm concerned it should make my teeth stronger in human form! :P

But as far as nwn2 engine and this server goes; You can shift around any other forms and keep it on. They even changed the flame weapon to stay on you no matter how much you shapeshift to promote not just sitting in ur one form all day, but I guess this magical beast form got overlooked. It drops off just when I go to magical beast form (Worg).
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin
Diamore

Unread post by Diamore »

Nachti wrote:
Diamore wrote:Darkness domain is no longer getting the maximum number of summons for Shadow Pack and Conjure Shadows.
According to current update version it should work.
Checked again yesterday, it still is not.

Also Baleful polymorph is still doing the double saves, although I don't know if that change missed the last update or not.
Ms Mackarty: Humble and unassuming wanderer
Mora Eldris: Talkative.
Sera Lowe: Nervous ex-commoner
Rachel Evermonte: Painfully serious knight
onetwothree

Unread post by onetwothree »

Spells stored via Bladesingers "Song of Celerity" do not trigger off of hits from the new Expose Weakness.

They wont activate on the entire EW flurry but on the following flurry.
Slunko

Unread post by Slunko »

Storm Avatar not working properly (not adding damage, unsure about arrow reflection) in magical beast form. (Worg)
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin
Nachti
Retired Staff

Unread post by Nachti »

I'll take a look at baleful polymorph and mass chicken soon.
Slunko

Unread post by Slunko »

I should say that it's lovely how you patch in 100% spell failure chance to Shapechange, but it still eats up two 9th level spells for my Spirit Shaman.
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin
Pimple
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Pimple »

Spell failure because of "equipping items" after the new protection against alignment. No items being equipped or unequipped or even looked at.
"Your compassion is commendable, Dreadmarshall." -- Sirion Te'dwa, 1359 DR

Sirion Te'dwa - Shop
electric mayhem

Unread post by electric mayhem »

Contingent summoning with Tier 8 Summon Creature spell mem'd.
When using feat, it summons Phantom Bear with no option to choose anything else.
Even checking the player Summon options in the Character Details right click menu, there are no options available to choose a creature type for this spell.

~Claret - Proprietor of Clarity Cellars.
~Wouveir - Hellstorm Crew
~Adolamin Marblerune - Arcane Engineer and Lorekeeper citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak. [His Story]
~Harrison Remillard - Morninglord of the Song of the Morning Temple.

dedude
Retired Staff

Unread post by dedude »

electric mayhem wrote:Contingent summoning with Tier 8 Summon Creature spell mem'd.
When using feat, it summons Phantom Bear with no option to choose anything else.
Even checking the player Summon options in the Character Details right click menu, there are no options available to choose a creature type for this spell.
Contingent Summoning offers no choice, it simply picks the strongest summoning spell available to your character.
electric mayhem

Unread post by electric mayhem »

The wording in the spell says "memorised". The spell or its description may need some correcting to match what it's meant to be then.
As Phantom Bear was not memorised, but was 'available' in the tier of spells.

If that's the case though regarding default strongest. Hypothetically, if Summon Creature was strongest memorised and available, ie Tier 8. Would you get to choose what appears out of the list available? And should you be able to choose the default with the Character Details - Magic summons functions? I tried earlier and it didn't seem to have the spells available for adjustment.

~Claret - Proprietor of Clarity Cellars.
~Wouveir - Hellstorm Crew
~Adolamin Marblerune - Arcane Engineer and Lorekeeper citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak. [His Story]
~Harrison Remillard - Morninglord of the Song of the Morning Temple.

Return to “Bug Reports and Mechanical Issues”