Split 1.1 Bug Reports

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Re: Split 1.1 Bug Reports

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

So I needed to mule items in the nexus, I teleported my drow there through a beholder, but the issue is that she went to the second server's nexus, not the first one. A few people adviced me to directly connect to the server 1, I tried it and got caught in a crashfest loop. When I finally connected, my character was thrown back to Sshamath. And now I can't transfer between servers (it keeps throwing my character to the server 2). Basically, it's on the videorelated:

(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
Tanlaus
Quality Control

Unread post by Tanlaus »

KOPOJIbPAKOB wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:28 am So I needed to mule items in the nexus, I teleported my drow there through a beholder, but the issue is that she went to the second server's nexus, not the first one. A few people adviced me to directly connect to the server 1, I tried it and got caught in a crashfest loop. When I finally connected, my character was thrown back to Sshamath. And now I can't transfer between servers (it keeps throwing my character to the server 2). Basically, it's on the videorelated:

Hey, yes the Beholder always brings you back to the server 2 Nexus.

Not sure if this helps but maybe you can manually log your mule into server2 nexus and just do it all there.
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Mudd at soubar - it's still impossible to sell anything there.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Theodore01 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:37 pm Mudd at soubar - it's still impossible to sell anything there.
Thanks, dragged that to QC forums for devs to look at!
abousalif

Unread post by abousalif »

EasternCheesE wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:55 am
abousalif wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:15 am The transition in the stone giants fortress in Troll Claws does not work
Experienced that before with some areas, they went back good after reset. Please check again after server reset.
Forgot to test it later, so here we go: Still not working.

Blake Highotwer
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Thanks for the report!
I will inform our builders about it asap.
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Unread post by Rhifox »

abousalif wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:47 am
EasternCheesE wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:55 am
abousalif wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:15 am The transition in the stone giants fortress in Troll Claws does not work
Experienced that before with some areas, they went back good after reset. Please check again after server reset.
Forgot to test it later, so here we go: Still not working.

Should be fixed for next update.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
izzul

Unread post by izzul »

Theodore01 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:37 pm Mudd at soubar - it's still impossible to sell anything there.
I tried this one. stuck in loop cant get out of the Soubar's Mudd
Azzizuleia Tyrielmrande-[Permadeath PC]
Eilondruil Eldanyar-Corellon Larethian[Battle Historian]
Iz Azul-Red Knight[Active]
Krueger-Trader viewtopic.php?f=55&t=56617
Mystera Electra-Mystra[Goat Girl]

"give to yourself, took from others-Integrity and Justice"
abousalif

Unread post by abousalif »

Logged in the game, my xcharacter was in FAI. got kicked out for casting a spell as soon as I was online. (the only spell on me is the bugged magic vestment).

Got charged 1000gold for it and cannot enter FAI as the guard wont let me

Blake Highotwer
Mirage

Unread post by Mirage »

I swinged back to see if anything got fixed, as far as the server split goes, and even ignoring all of my buffs getting eaten up, running harder areas seems pretty much impossible in about 2/3 cases.

Let's take a Greypeaks run today. It took me 2 attempts to even get from Nexus to Soubar (the darn thing won't save my last saved locataion due to whatever reasons too). So I get there, and while exiting the area manage to crash. Which sends me back to nexus on relog and through another transition from Server 1 to Server 2. Finally I'm about ready to head to Greypeaks. I clear the place all the way to the Balor where I enter and start the fight (after a whole lot of consumables used of course). The darn thing casts a spell and the game crashes. On relog, of course I get sent back to the nexus with no way of returning to where I was, short of running from Soubar, but it gets worse.
It logs me into nexus but then I get "You've been booted." message. I relog, and the same message again. It took me about 4 attempts to get back into the nexus, and I could go back to Soubar.

Now alright, having buffs eaten up constantly was annoying, but I've adapted best as I could, but this? Getting through most of the zone just so I can be booted before the final boss payoff with no way of getting back?

And this has been happening all day too. God forbid I try to teleport cross-server. It's pretty much a crash on demand.
Do not lose your heart to the bleak normality. I hear you only have the one.-
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Mirage wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:24 pm I swinged back to see if anything got fixed, as far as the server split goes, and even ignoring all of my buffs getting eaten up, running harder areas seems pretty much impossible in about 2/3 cases.
What is your computer setup? OS, stats, etc.? I ask because I actually play on a Mac computer using emulation software, and after the split, I’ve noticed more crashes from transitions, but not as extreme as you’ve experienced.

Since my setup is pretty odd, and I know that the emulation is like a Frankenstein’s monster, often I have to “chase down” to culprit to my crashes, and well, sometimes there is no fix, except for just praying to Ao I don’t crash at the usual moments/spots.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Unread post by Rhifox »

Mirage wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:24 pm Let's take a Greypeaks run today. It took me 2 attempts to even get from Nexus to Soubar (the darn thing won't save my last saved locataion due to whatever reasons too). So I get there, and while exiting the area manage to crash. Which sends me back to nexus on relog and through another transition from Server 1 to Server 2. Finally I'm about ready to head to Greypeaks. I clear the place all the way to the Balor where I enter and start the fight (after a whole lot of consumables used of course). The darn thing casts a spell and the game crashes. On relog, of course I get sent back to the nexus with no way of returning to where I was, short of running from Soubar, but it gets worse.
Location saving requires you to log back on to the server you were originally on. If you were on server 2, and logged out or crashed, but then log on server 1, it will not remember your server 2 location. It is recommended to favorite both servers and always log on to the one you were originally on.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic

Return to “Solved Problems”