Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Any Issues or Bugs Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Steve
Recognized Donor

Re: Spell / Scroll / Feat Bugs

Unread post by Steve »

This isn't so much a bug as a graphics error (I guess?):

When using Darkling Weapon feat for a WoD, if you apply the Lightning effect/dmg to the weapon, it creates the electricity VFX and adds the dmg to the weapon correctly.

However, after making an Area transition, the VFX turns into the Massive Criticals VFX (the electrical dmg does stay on the weapon, so that's good).

For the love of those that like 'lectricity effects, is there a code line that can be investigated as to why after transitions the VFX does a switcheroo?!?

Cheers.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Another not-really-a-bug-but-not-as-it-maybe-should-be Report:

If using the Shield Charge feat, when activating, a message appears above the toon and in the Combat Log that says "*Shield Bash is on," regardless if previously the player had ALREADY activated Shield Bash.

At the end of the Shield Charge, another message "pops up" above the toon and in the Combat Log that reads "Shield Bash is off," though in reality, the Shield Bash feat stays on (since it was applied earlier anyway).

What I'm pointing out here is how these additional "messages" can be confusing to the Player, as to whether in reality the Shield Bash feat is being toggled (I myself had to repeatedly check to see if Shield Bash stayed activated).

Perhaps these messages should actually read "*Shield Charge is on/off or activated/deactivated*" instead, since THAT is the actual feat being used? Or maybe no extra message?

Cheers.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Hydros

Unread post by Hydros »

Run into a bug with Ranged Sneak Attacks.

They're not applying to anything, even when they should. RTAs like the Orb spells and Invisible Needles just do standard damage. Tried using attacks/spells from multiple angles, none work, but all sneak dice still apply with melee attacks.

Update: It finally applied to a couple of invis needles against a Phase Spider. Does basically everything in and around the Forest of Wyrms just have Imp Uncanny Dodge for some gd reason?
Alarielle Nulei'ren, The Hawk of Evermeet - "Shunti tel'adar's dath nha teague feer, nhel nu nesh ath tel'quiet foqal"
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

Hydros wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:15 am Run into a bug with Ranged Sneak Attacks.

They're not applying to anything, even when they should. RTAs like the Orb spells and Invisible Needles just do standard damage. Tried using attacks/spells from multiple angles, none work, but all sneak dice still apply with melee attacks.

Update: It finally applied to a couple of invis needles against a Phase Spider. Does basically everything in and around the Forest of Wyrms just have Imp Uncanny Dodge for some gd reason?
Hi there. I took my QC rogue with bow into wyrm forest. Without epic precision, the only creature that wasn't properly sneak-attackackable was Pyrohydra. It was only possible to attack it while sneaking + standing behind her, in other cases, it was normal ranged attack.
But, for every other creature i tested (pudding, undead, giant snake, giant constrictor, will-o-wisp), sneak attack behaved totally normal (undead and ooze being immune to SA without epic precision, properly attacked with epic precision).
Can you please clarify which mobs create your frustration aside from pyrohydra?
Hydros

Unread post by Hydros »

EasternCheesE wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:39 pm
Hydros wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:15 am Run into a bug with Ranged Sneak Attacks.

Hi there. I took my QC rogue with bow into wyrm forest. Without epic precision, the only creature that wasn't properly sneak-attackackable was Pyrohydra. It was only possible to attack it while sneaking + standing behind her, in other cases, it was normal ranged attack.
But, for every other creature i tested (pudding, undead, giant snake, giant constrictor, will-o-wisp), sneak attack behaved totally normal (undead and ooze being immune to SA without epic precision, properly attacked with epic precision).
Literally all the mobs except the Phase Spider. Myconids, Pyro and Cryo hydras, Giant snakes. (I understand the undead and Oozes being immune in general). I tried from multiple angles. This also isn't a normal ranged sneak attack, it's Magic based, which act differently. I'm a Wizard/Rogue/Arcane Trickster/Daggerspell. 6/4/10/10 if you need the spread to test it. Typically invisible needles and orbs apply sneak attacks regardless of angles or being engaged directly by the mob
Alarielle Nulei'ren, The Hawk of Evermeet - "Shunti tel'adar's dath nha teague feer, nhel nu nesh ath tel'quiet foqal"
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Hydros wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:03 pm
EasternCheesE wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:39 pm

Literally all the mobs except the Phase Spider. Myconids, Pyro and Cryo hydras, Giant snakes. (I understand the undead and Oozes being immune in general). I tried from multiple angles. This also isn't a normal ranged sneak attack, it's Magic based, which act differently. I'm a Wizard/Rogue/Arcane Trickster/Daggerspell. 6/4/10/10 if you need the spread to test it. Typically invisible needles and orbs apply sneak attacks regardless of angles or being engaged directly by the mob
Oh, as you mentioned "tried attacks/spells from different angles", i tested that one. I will test orbs (as they are quite same as needle) and see how it goes.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Upon further testing (i met pyrohydars, oozes, undead, mindflayers, giant snakes), it was same to me.
I wasn't able to score sneak attack on pyrohydra, giant snake unless i was invisible + casting standing behind it. Same goes for giant snake.

Unfortunately, i didn't see phase spiders, myconids, cryo hydras to check.
I will report this to Dev team so they have a look at mob blueprints, manual tests don't give much of clear information.
Hydros

Unread post by Hydros »

EasternCheesE wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:52 pm Upon further testing (i met pyrohydars, oozes, undead, mindflayers, giant snakes), it was same to me.
I wasn't able to score sneak attack on pyrohydra, giant snake unless i was invisible + casting standing behind it. Same goes for giant snake.

Unfortunately, i didn't see phase spiders, myconids, cryo hydras to check.
I will report this to Dev team so they have a look at mob blueprints, manual tests don't give much of clear information.
I did some testing myself on other mobs, like the wolves just outside of the Forest of Wyrms and the Reaching Woods gnolls, and everything works perfectly normal with those
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Hey, fellow players. Since it's literally a big pain in my back to manage an "all in one" thread effectively, i will close this one.
Whether you have any issue with things not reflected in categories, please just make a new post in general Bug reports, i will review and move it where it belongs myself.

Some small time later, i will start to split this topic into separate issue reports to review and report to Devs.

Return to “Bug Reports and Mechanical Issues”