Bioware Community Login Timeout Work Around

Advice or Questions on Resolving Issues with Logging, Updating, or File Use

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

decado

Re: Bioware Community Login Timeout Work Around

Unread post by decado »

Works perfectly for me. You must be using it wrong or didn't pick up the latest version.
Denegost

Unread post by Denegost »

I have the most recent version.
Characters:
Denegost Thorndike - Estranged son of a Purple Dragon Knight.
Azural - Wandering sell-sword in search of adventure.
Garat Hilltopple - Halfling "locksmith and trapspringer".
decado

Unread post by decado »

http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/Download.php?id=1650801

Version 1.0.0.21? Just unzip it to a folder of its own somewhere and then right click -> Send to Desktop the NWLauncher.exe. Use this to start your games.

There is no reason it shouldn't work, it's not a setting which is toggled on or off, nor does it need to mess about with the hosts file. All it does it change the timeout timer to one second instead of thirty seconds.
Ivan38Rus
Retired Staff

Unread post by Ivan38Rus »

What exactly is the problem you are having, Denegost?
Do you have to wait for 30-40 seconds after you type in account? Or is it the fact that you get the message that "Master Server is down blah blah blah"..?
gfya1369

Unread post by gfya1369 »

For those who can't save this.. Make a copy of the origional file. You will want to do this anyways and save it somewhere just in case the authentication ever comes back up. HAHAHA. Seriously.. make a copy and then edit the copy and save. Swap the two out and bingo.
Denegost

Ivan38Rus wrote:What exactly is the problem you are having, Denegost?
Do you have to wait for 30-40 seconds after you type in account? Or is it the fact that you get the message that "Master Server is down blah blah blah"..?
It's trying to download the server files (bg_voiceset.hak), fails all 3 attempts, and kicks me off.

The error message says "unable to download (filename) from any supplied location. Please contact the server admin".
Characters:
Ivan38Rus
Retired Staff

Unread post by Ivan38Rus »

Denegost wrote:
It's trying to download the server files (bg_voiceset.hak), fails all 3 attempts, and kicks me off.

The error message says "unable to download (filename) from any supplied location. Please contact the server admin".
This has nothing to do with this topic.

http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11116
Denegost

Ivan38Rus wrote:
Denegost wrote:

This has nothing to do with this topic.

http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11116
I've already been referred to those links. The page runtime keeps crashing my browser, so I can't DL anything.
Characters:
ozmiz

Unread post by ozmiz »

For Windows 8

For some reason, even running notepad as Admin, I had problems editing the hosts file, as it wouldn't let me save it. So just listing what I did in case it may help someone with Windows 8:

Note: commands are in quotes, but when typing the command do not include the quotes.

1. Open an Elevated Command Prompt by pressing the WINDOWS and X keys together and then click on Command Prompt (Admin). Click Yes to the User Account Control message that appears.

2. In the Command Prompt window, type "CD \Windows\System32\drivers\etc\", press enter

3. Backup your current Hosts file by typing "copy hosts hosts.bak", press enter

4. Type "notedpad hosts" in the Command prompt, press enter

5. In Notepad, add to the bottom of the hosts file (copy and paste the text below):
# ::1 localhost
#nwn2 bypass first login
0.0.0.0 nw2master.bioware.com
0.0.0.0 nwn2.master.gamespy.com

6. Save the File and close Notepad

7. If you wish to confirm the change, in the Command Prompt type, "type Hosts", press enter.
The resulting display within the prompt should show your changes at the bottom of the file.

8. In the Command prompt type "exit", press enter
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

I've had to re-install again and had to play around to make this work, so for those who are running Windows 7 and want to bypass the Bioware/Gamespy authentication wait when signing into multiplayer here is what worked for me when editing the hosts file in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc folder:

127.0.0.1 nwmaster.bioware.com
127.0.0.1 nwn2.master.gamespy.com
0.0.0.0 nw2master.bioware.com
0.0.0.0 nwn2.master.gamespy.com

The easiest way to do this is by dragging the file to your desktop and editing it with notepad, which will require you to have administrator privileges first. Enjoy!
There are no level 30's, only level 20's with benefits...
TaskForce58
Location: Wheeling, WV, USA, Terra, SOL, Milky Way, Virgo Cluster

Unread post by TaskForce58 »

Should be noted that you need to open notepad as administrator, as said above,l in order to be able to save the hosts file. Save as a GENERAL *.* file type...NOT .txt (this assumes you also know how/have made a backup of your original hosts file). Doing it this way you can make the changes without moving the file around...but for some the drag and drop is easier.

You THEN need to restart your PC in order for it to properly reference the file.
"You don't have to outrun your enemies, you just have to trip the dwarf"-Uthar the Black http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=44051

"Karma is...karma"- Mariko Akechii http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=44052

Return to “Logging In”