Automatic Downloader Errors - HAK, TLK, TRX

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Maecius
Retired Admin

Re: Automatic Downloader Errors - HAK, TLK, TRX

Unread post by Maecius »

No error message or anything? Maybe try rolling a new character and see if that works? It could be that you're logging into a bugged character. Otherwise, it may be a graphics card or other sort of components issue.
MaskedOne1

Unread post by MaskedOne1 »

heya,

no, I connect to the server, as in "connected to server", then the game crashes, I cannot even begin downloading the necessary HAK files to play

by now I think it may be a firewall or router issue, that somehow the settings on this new computer prevent me from downloading and playing via direct connect.

looking into this, but still no breakthrough, any help would still be appreciated, could find a thread that is similar to my issue, it was a UDP/router/modem issue, but I cannot figure this out, and I think im done for now, already spend hours on this, soon ill go hulk on this.

M
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

Hmm. I hate suggesting the "have you tried turning it off and on again?" tech support, but maybe try unplugging your router for a few hours and plugging it back in to see if that helps?

Otherwise I'm not sure why it would prevent you from connecting unless it is a firewall or an ISP thing. If it's the latter, you could always call your Internet Service Provider for troubleshooting too, I suppose?
Zethrenx99

Unread post by Zethrenx99 »

MaskedOne1 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:00 am heya,

no, I connect to the server, as in "connected to server", then the game crashes, I cannot even begin downloading the necessary HAK files to play

by now I think it may be a firewall or router issue, that somehow the settings on this new computer prevent me from downloading and playing via direct connect.

looking into this, but still no breakthrough, any help would still be appreciated, could find a thread that is similar to my issue, it was a UDP/router/modem issue, but I cannot figure this out, and I think im done for now, already spend hours on this, soon ill go hulk on this.

M
First, Try using the client extension tool if you are not already. This helps with alot of issues particularly on newer systems. Next i would disable your firewall if possible, if you are using norton make sure that nwn is in your accepted application list. Then, run the launcher .exe as administrator. If none of that works then try to reset your router.

Does it do this for all servers or just BG? Are you able to play through the single player without it crashing?
Keneki Koga- Fighting his inner devil. RETIRED
Emma Sxn'Tubxs- Suppressing her emotions.Theme!
Yuki- Probably sniffing you from a distance.
Varus Montell- Probably blowing himself up with a new bomb
MaskedOne1

Hello,

in the beginning, after I installed the game, without any patches, I could run the game in single player mode.
after reading your post however, after patching, I cannot run the single player game, same issue, crashes after loading modules.
I did get the client extension and I am running as an administrator.
also did the BG connectivity check, says true for all, cept "game query": false
I have played this game for years, since it first came out, but I have never experienced anything like this before, usually I have been able to fix these issues.

help still appreciated
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

Have you tried running a drivers check on your graphics card? Especially if you're trying to play the game on a new computer?

Or maybe have you tried playing the game in "compatibility mode," by right clicking on the game and opening its properties to change it to compatibility mode? It seems to work just fine in Windows 10 for me, but I have heard some people have had issues with it, depending on their setup.

Ultimately, to me, it sounds like some sort of graphics issue if you're able to do everything but actually load up a module. I'm assuming you've tried to log in with a new character, too? Not an older one? It could be a bugged character if you've been trying the same character each time.
MaskedOne1

Hello Again,

i have re-installed the game on my computer, patched it to 1.22.
For some reason i cannot patch it any further, odd because i managed to get it to 1.23 last time.
the game works in single player, can load modules and save games etc.
im using the nwn2 patcher, but for some reason i just wont install the downloaded zip files i used last time.
anybody got any idea where i can find proper patches that work?

M
MaskedOne1

UPDATE:

as i wrote above, i re-installed the game, then i started patching using the paches available at the Neverwinter Vault for NWN2 Xp2, since i have the original three games bought independantly of each other (no gold or platinum editions) and then installed them. There are nine patches available for Xp2, and installing the first seven of them works just fine, getting me to game version 1.22. After that, patch 7,8 and 9 will not patch. The game Works perfectly well when updated to version 1.22, no crashes at all.

If i download patches from Xp1 and install, to get it to version 1.23, which i have done twice now out of sheer frustration, it stops working, crashes all over the place.

I guess i need the remaining patches from 1.221587 - 1.221588, 1.221588 - 1.231763 and 1.231763 - 1.231765.
If i cannot patch the game, i cannot play. Surely somebody must know where to get these patches?

Why is it so insanely bothersome and furiously aggravating to get this game to Work?!

M
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

MaskedOne1 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:45 pm

Why is it so insanely bothersome and furiously aggravating to get this game to Work?!

M
Do you know how to use Torrents?

Because my suggestion for you is to find a .torrent of the Platinum version of NWN2 (OG, MothB, SoZ...or a GOG version) which should be fully patched, run that installer, and just plug in your PERSONAL/UNIQUE CD Keys.

If you want to try this and are having a difficult time sourcing the .torrent file, send me a PM.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Resian

Unread post by Resian »

Hello!
I'm trying to swing back onto this server after a fair amount of time away, and in my patching phase, my client comes up unable to open the tlk\bg_S1.tlk.lzma file for writing. I saw the fix posted on the first page of this thread, but the link has since 404'd. I've sifted through for other fixes but none seemed applicable for my current problem. I was hoping maybe I could get an updated link to current tlk/hax files for my folders to kick this patching process into gear.
Many thanks in advance!
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

Try and download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwiqsp3y92gy0 ... 1.tlk?dl=0

Place the download in your "tlk" folder in Documents/Neverwinter Nights 2, restart your whole client, and see if it works now?
Kald

Unread post by Kald »

Hello guys,

I got a problem while logging in. Btw it is not possible to do so cause when you come to that point it searches old data to replace it comes to the point:
Downloading bg...soz...tools.hak it is not beeing able to verify and that I should get in contact with the server admin here.

Please can you take care of that please?

Thanks in advance,

good luck and best wishes,

Nasi
BigChungus

Unread post by BigChungus »

Also having the same error. bg_soz_tools.hak keeps having the file extension .lzma added to the end of it. I tried removing the file completely and when it updates it simply adds bg_soz_tools.hak.lzma to my hak folder.

After trying to remove it from the folder and running it I attempted to make it read only and that didn't work, either.
predrag

Unread post by predrag »

Having the error with bg_soz_tools.hak verification here as well . Any fixes or workarounds for it ?
WarpedMirror
Monald , your friendly neighbourhood Pied Piper
Sane Fensen , elderly follower of the Oak-father
Muristan Briin , a storm is coming .
Neldorian , dreamer of the darkness .

Return to “Solved Problems”