Cant connect to server since last reset

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

InsomnesCanis

Cant connect to server since last reset

Unread post by InsomnesCanis »

Since last reset i can't connect to the server.
*Server list shows it there- attempting to find server times out.
*Favorites list shows IP number of server showing offline status- unresponsive to connection attempts.
*Direct connect with server IP number & tagline game.bgtscc.net- attempting to find server times out.
restarted PC and Network.

i was in middle of rest when the server crashed but i can't imagine it has anything to do with it.
Help please.
Lylan'Synor Syr'Asiryn, (aka Lily Summerheart)
Duelist, Dancer, Sailor & Engineer. A Warrior for Love, and Inquisitor of Beauty.
Captain of Doron Amar's Mathora Velharn || Deputy Headmistress of the Bladestone Foundation
The Wind Whispers (Love) - Geva Alon
Endelyon

Re: Cant connect to server since last reset

Unread post by Endelyon »

It may be an issue with your ISP, but if it's still not working could you send me your IP address in a private message? I can take a look and try to figure out what's going wrong.
InsomnesCanis

Sent PM

:pray: :pray: :pray:
Duelist, Dancer, Sailor & Engineer. A Warrior for Love, and Inquisitor of Beauty.
Captain of Doron Amar's Mathora Velharn || Deputy Headmistress of the Bladestone Foundation
InsomnesCanis

It works!
Thank you so much! (if that was indeed you)
Endelyon

Unread post by Endelyon »

Nope, didn't change a thing, but I'm glad to hear you're able to connect now! The likeliest scenario is a node went down somewhere between your ISP and the server and it couldn't make a connection until that node came back up.

For what it's worth, it could have been on our end too--it's really hard trying to pinpoint/troubleshoot connectivity issues like that. :)
Farmboy2003

Unread post by Farmboy2003 »

I am having this exact same issue at the moment. My internet connection is working fine otherwise. Is it really just a matter of waiting it out?

It seems to figure with BG specifically. I can join other servers with no issue.

I have tried resetting my router and modem. Disabling and resetting my firewall. I have tried with the hotspot on my phone.

Breakthrough: I can connect fine on my other pc, the small poor one. I have set up different ports.

Last edit: IT WORKS! I changed the port again on my primary pc to make sure. But I also noticed while fiddling around with nwplayer.ini that I had set different passwords on the two pcs. I assumed the passwords were obsolete since gamespy was left to rot. Does the BG server use them more dilligently?
Fyevarra: Rashemi Whirlwind - Danger, exitement, daring escapes!

Return to “Solved Problems”