time and date while in game

For Guidance, Questions, or Concerns Relating to Server Rules and Forum Rules

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

aaron22
Recognized Donor

time and date while in game

Unread post by aaron22 »

ok so in game time moves 15 RL mins equals 1 IG hour so in 8 RL hours an IG day passes. this happens 3 times in a RL day before the date changes. obviously server resets kind of cause this to skew. but does this work as parallels or what? is it something we should ignore? is it just a mechanic of the game that cannot be altered?
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
Moltrazahn

Re: time and date while in game

Unread post by Moltrazahn »

Well, the servers date is equal to that of IRL time, so one day here, is one day there.

The dusk & dawn tho, that's an entirely different thing.
From my understanding, it is adjustable to whatever the admin wishes it to be. I think the reason we don't have it 1 to 1, is that it would mean some players would play in perpetual night, and some only in daylight. Forgotten realms never really states what side of the globe it measures its daylight by :P.

My suggestion is to just "dont think too hard on it, and roleplay as it happens". If nobody says "Hey, how come it's just been a few hours, but I swear we've been standing here and talking for atleast three sunsets!?" - then nothing is off by it! :D
Za'than Za'amal(Elsewhere!)
Thumbler Trunk-son(Also Elsewhere!)
Inanis Umbra(Active)
Molag'ur(He stink!)

Myhun Kren: "You should change Za'thans mask to green, and run around yelling "Somebody STOP ME!"

"You are a spastic pony" - HDM Arrakeen
aaron22
Recognized Donor

Unread post by aaron22 »

well it came up a few times while playing. i required for my RP to be outside during the evening hours. so being inside during the day and then coming out at night created a weird paradox of days going by, but not.

some players informed to me they just treat the time of day in a fashion that is like their own time of day. so 24 hours of RL time equated to 24 hours of IG time. while others would follow the IG clock to the tee. and when you have a particular RP that does work inside of the day night cycle. it creates a strange paradox of what is time while not time at all. and this also being perceived differently by others.
Khar B'ukagaroh
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."
Bob Marley
Juramenta

Unread post by Juramenta »

I also rp following the IG clock and apparently sometimes it 'feels' it goes faster than other times.
That said I still hope they double the duration of daylight time some day.
Simply because it looks visually more pleasing.
Grand Frost Touch of the Maiden of Ice - Hazel Jynx - Background
A real man's man - Butch Von Base - background pending

-
Wirg: An famous Orc who steals from humans. He has many incarnations and is known around the world as the best Orc thief.

Return to “Rules”