1351 Campaign - Act 1: Warlock's Crypt and the Plague in BG

The "Year of the Crown" Campaign

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Layla0340

Re: Baldur's Gate / North 1351 Campaign Thread

Unread post by Layla0340 »

2015-04-18:
Failure in Kheeldriver

Firstly, I will have to apologize for the low quality of this report. During this action, there were so many things to remember, that I find myself having difficulty organizing it all.

We started out by teleporting in from the Boarsky bridge to the village of Kheeldriver. The Captain of the Town guard was no where to be found. We moved down to the lower gate, and setup our defense there, along the narrow road that approach it. Kory basically organized all this and set it up.

Just inside the lower gate there was an excavation underneath the town, which a few of us investigated, but as a whole we did not really paid much attention to.

The undead come over the fields in a flood. Some of the farmers, villagers who had not evacuated, died in a futile manner against the undead mass. It eventually formed up and streamed toward our defense line on the narrow approach road.

We had set a line of mighty warriors supported by archers and crossbow men along the walls. Most of the mages formed up behind the defensive line.

The battle started, and at first we held back the horde. However, more and more golems charged our line, and they broke us more then anything. Magics burnt the air and smashed our ears as the mages panicked as the line broke and threw everything they had into the battle. It was not enough, and the valiant defense line fell apart, no long able to support each other.

We retreated in disarray, some of us falling, some of us pulling back. Those of us who made it ended up reforming at the upper gate. However, it is unlikely we could have pushed back anything of relevance that came our way.

However, the undead hoard seem to stop as soon as they secured the entrance to the excavation under the town. Part of our party approached the ... I guess whatever was controlling the undead hoard. I lack a good description of it. My vision is not the greatest. Another part of our party started building a catapult, looting the town for materials.

This leader of the undead hoard dispatched something like a death knight into the excavation under the town. Edward tried to get us to stop this creature, using plain and clear language, but we were to slow to react to this. It had raised an arcane barrier to prevent them from following it under the town, and we reacted poorly to Edwards desperate warnings to stop it when it made its exit.

The creature escaped with whatever it found, and the undead hoard has begin to move away from us. The catapult construction looks a bit of a mistake in retrospect.

I intend to dispatch scouts to follow the undead hoard.

*signed*
Sani

list of attendees:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=595084#p595084
Sani - Mistress of Wands
MedalOfValor

Unread post by MedalOfValor »

*The young squire looks at the druid, her expression turns serious*
"Should we talk about the plague spitters now, while we rest mister Corvus?"

*The dark skinned man flares his nostrils, snorting and looking at the girl like she was born yesterday.*
"Of cours' we should, pup. Da abominations grow while we be lingerin' with da politics of men and idiots"

*The druid rubs his hand, for a moment collecting his thoughts*
"I 'ave arranged with da Elder Circle dat we will locate da' "Deadzones" within da' wilds. Once we locate 'dese, we will place a orb der', holding da spiders in place"

*He looks to Eleanor*
"Dis' be where I will contact ye' and through ye' da orders. Da circle hold the reach ta' locate da' beasts, yet divine powa' is not a might we hold as easily as ye' metal clad fanatics. It will also be with ye' that the responsibility of carryin' da' information to da' authorities about dis' threat lays... once we found enough of da' plaguespitters, we can begin ta' draw a map, and narrow down where dey might be comming from, so better to 'elp da Crone Griselda... Locate Magmire and 'er unnatrual spawn."

*Eleanor sits still, quitetly listening to the words spoken by Corvus. She takes a moment to think before she forms her own thoughts.*
"So the druids will handle the tracking part of the matter. I see..."

*The girl rubs chin*
"Well then I'll try to motivate the orders to do their best at gathering the necessary information, mostly locating the talonite and related cults. Clrearly as a source of knowledge that might help us with locating Magmire or anyone from within her chain of command, or..."

*The young squire smiles*
"The tomes, that speak of her. If they are indeed holy, I'm almost sure, some cultist migh have them. With each plague spitter destroyed and each piece of information we should get closer to the source of all that. And by the same token, to the solution."

*Ellie tugs a strand of hair behind an ear.*
"Let's hope they listen to me. My words do not carry much weight.."

*The jungle druid snarls and waves his hand dismissively*
"If dey' do nuthin' 'den dey' will discover 'der own stupidity soon enough pup. Also, try ta' get a connection to da' other people who took da' orbs, we may end up needin' dem"

*He rubs his cheek a moment*
"So, in summery... 'dose of us whom can commune with nature, will locate da' voids of silence, where da spiders hide, den, we get an orb 'der, and keep it locked in dat location. Den', ye' get ye' orders, and use holy magic ta' lure out the creatures from da' earth where dey' hide. Once destroyed, we mark dat' location down, and track da next. While we hunt da' monsters locations, ye' work with da orders ta' track down infomation 'bout da cults, cultists, artifacts and... if ye' can, high fanatic Magmire of Talona."

*The girl nods*
"Sounds reasonable. I'll try my best to do my part well."

*The duo talk some more before they go separate ways.*
Maeve - The Water Witch ------ Journal --- Main. Temporarily back.
El - The Sum of Ex-selves ------ JournalBio --- Semi-retired Alt. MIA again.

═══════✵═══════

.:Retired:.
Yas - She-wolf ------ Journal
DM Theophanies
Retired Staff

Unread post by DM Theophanies »

///We are progressing into the next phase of the campaign so I am going to split this off into two new threads and lock this one. Please continue the excellent roleplay in the following threads.

Baldur's Gate and the Virtuous Soil Conspiracy

Liches from Warlock's Crypt and Kheldrivver

Return to “The 1351 (2015) Campaign”