Server message caster level wrong for assassin

It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Flatted Fifth
Recognized Donor

Server message caster level wrong for assassin

Unread post by Flatted Fifth »

I have a character who has 8 levels of assassin and 21 levels of other classes. Sometimes the new caster level server message says caster level 0 when she casts a spell. Sometimes 5. According to the wiki her CL for assassin spells should be 18
Kitunenotsume

Re: Server message caster level wrong for assassin

Unread post by Kitunenotsume »

EasternCheesE wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:29 pm Sadly, had to undo it since showing correct CL is way trickier than i expected. Will implement it again after we find a good way to make sure displayed CL is real CL.
Please don't trust CL messages for SLAs. Some spells may lie as well.
From the other thread that generated the CL messages in the first place.
I play a baker. Sometimes she provides counseling or treatment.
Ask about our Breadflower daily special to save five coppers off a purchase of five pastries.
She seems unusually interested in cursed items.
She has also been seeking a variety of gems and stones.
EasternCheesE
QC Coordinator

Re: Server message caster level wrong for assassin

Unread post by EasternCheesE »

These messages will be off in next update, but i will definitely find the way to enable them since they allow players to help us troubleshoot stuff.
Quite a dozen of issues was already caught by them being simple visible and i believe we need them in general cause even if our Devs code stuff flawlessly, engine has quirks and undocumented behavior.

Speaking of your Assassin CL, you shouldnt just trust dat messages. The reason i turned it off is exactly because some categories of abilities and some spells do show it wrong because they have their CL calculated after the function that shows CL ends working.

viewtopic.php?f=849&t=77667
I close this one and leave the link to the thread where it all started.

Return to “Solved Problems”