100% RCR AVAILABLE - for limited time

Moderator: Moderator

Maecius
Retired Admin

Re: 100% RCR AVAILABLE - for limited time

Unread post by Maecius »

Reminder x2:
Maecius wrote:Just a reminder:

When RCRing, it's not a great idea to use a campfire for your gear. Please ask a player that you trust to assist you, or a DM if you have nobody else (and they are not too busy). If the server crashes, your gear is gone. If another player steals from your campfire, your gear is gone. So play it safe, don't lose your gear!
Starting April 10th, I will stop providing vault or character rollbacks to players who have accidentally deleted their characters or lost their items through their own carelessness. Please take all appropriate precautions when RCRing. It's very easy to make mistakes if you rush through it, so take your time, and ask a friend or a DM to hold your items.

If you campfire your inventory and you lose it, if you delete the wrong character or use the deleter instead of the RCR NPC, and so on, it's going to be up to you get it back through play. Rollbacks are supposed to only be issued for major server-side errors (such as the actual corruption of your character file). The reason for this is because they are easily exploited (they are issued almost entirely on trust, because I do trust nearly all of you) and because they cost me a lot in time (especially with how frequent the requests have become).

Please, please, please take every effort to protect your characters and your items from accidental loss. It breaks my heart to see players go through it, but after the 10th, I'm going to be much stricter with rollbacks.
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

As an update, I've implemented a once-a-year vault rollback option for all players, in line with my above commitment to being stricter with rollbacks, but also offering all players the same options for redress. This should only be utilized for catastrophic losses or game-breaking failures.

I am tracking every single rollback I offer, so if you ask for one for a minor thing you could easily recover from and then suffer a dramatic setback a month later -- you will be out of luck if the fault is your own (and "fault is your own" does include transferring items and getting caught in a crash, as everyone's been repeatedly encouraged not to use campfires for this purpose).
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

Please note:

The 100% RCR NPC will be reverting back to a more moderate level of refund (the details of which are still being worked out) on or shortly after:

SEPTEMBER 25, 2016

By this point 100% RCRs will have been available for more than six months. Most of the game-breaking bugs resultant from the March update have been ironed out, and those that remain will be hunted down and corrected over time.

Most players have also had adequate time to explore the new classes and content available to them.

Future content releases will not warrant full rebuilds unless they're as universally game-changing as the March update release was (which is not expected or planned for in the near future). Specific class or feat-based bugs that are corrected after the RCR revert may warrant a full rebuild for individual characters who have those feats or those classes and feel the change breaks their build at the discretion of the HDMs or the server administrators. Releases like enchanting will not warrant 100% RCRs.

We will release additional information detailing how the new RCR will work once those details are available. It is entirely possible, however, that it will be a full revert back to a 50% refund with a level 20 cap if we do not agree that there is something better staff-side.

Thanks everyone for your understanding that this was not intended to be around for forever (or even as long as it has been): One month warning!
DM Ditto

Unread post by DM Ditto »

Warning/Addendum to the above:

If you wish to have a character claim 100% RCR EXP deposited by a previous character, do so before 100% RCR ends! Any percentage EXP penalty is applied when EXP is claimed, not when EXP is deposited. That means that even if you deposited RCR EXP prior to the revert, you will still be hit by the percentage penalty if you withdraw the EXP after RCR status returns to normal.
Forum Rules | Server Rules | PvP Rules

Text in pink is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the DM Team in general!

Return to “Archive”