** 6/4/2016 Important Notice, Please Read **

Moderator: Moderator

Endelyon

** 6/4/2016 Important Notice, Please Read **

Unread post by Endelyon »

So, in the coming days (or weeks) we're going to be transitioning to the new forums. As I posted on the State of the Server thread, we are going to lose some PMs. It also turns out we're going to lose some posts as well. To save the most relevant information, it would be helpful if users started manually pruning their Inboxes and Sent Messages of any old PMs they no longer need, and I'm going to go through selectively and do a bit more aggressive pruning on the post side.

Luckily, the posts I'll be pruning now are actually, for the most part, already copied over to the new forums.

I realize many of you have thousands of PMs, and deleting them one page at a time might be a tall order. I would not ask anyone to spend more time than they're realistically able to on this endeavor, but every little bit helps.

Many of you have sent me messages to express your gratitude, and I wanted to take the time to do the same: Thank you all for your continued support and patronage to all the players, DMs, and devs alike. As long as you keep playing here we'll try to keep the ship floating.

As always if anyone has any questions or concerns, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Endelyon

Re: ** 6/4/2016 Important Notice, Please Read **

Unread post by Endelyon »

Tried something different. I think I can get them all now. And just hours after I decided all hope was lost. :oops: ...Disregard this, maybe.
Maecius
Retired Admin

Re: ** 6/4/2016 Important Notice, Please Read **

Unread post by Maecius »

(Duplicate post from State of the Server:)

It looks like Endelyon did figure out a way to save PMs, at least in referencing my account on the new host. It's no longer necessary to back everything up.

That being said, it's always wise to back up important PMs though, especially if they're meaningful to you or your characters.

Three cheers for Endelyon for essentially doing a total forum transfer. :P Most of the time you have to start from scratch when doing a transition like this, but we should be able to just change our bookmarks and notice no major changes except in the URL.

Said URL will probably be announced some time this week for stress testing (to make sure our host can handle our user loads). Zanniej also has some ideas we may want to explore to improve usability, and there are one or two (very minor) items Endelyon is still figuring out.

Long story short, forums are looking good. And now I'll begin working on acquiring a server host for the server transfer.

Return to “Archive”