Give Master Alchemist Use Poison at level 1.

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

kitteninablender

Give Master Alchemist Use Poison at level 1.

Unread post by kitteninablender »

Pretty self-explanatory: Give Master Alchemist Class the Use Poison ability given to Assassins and Blackguards.

Just seems to make sense that someone who brews magical elixirs could also be used to brew poisons.

They were used in the middle ages to kill rats and such, so it just seems logical.

Thoughts? Ideas? Witticisms?
Chaos is relative. What is normal for the Spider is Chaos for the Fly.
Lockonnow

Re: Give Master Alchemist Use Poison at level 1.

Unread post by Lockonnow »

you will have to wait for a half year
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

I like it. Offers little (no) mechanical benefit as Master Alchemist isn't really a class you would mix in a gish or other weapon using build. Poisons are insanely weak in most situations and really just a fun thing to utilize rather than having mechanical benefit. There is some PvP value I suppose, but again, there are better ways (Assassin/Blackguard) to get use poison for a class that wants to apply them to weapon. There is of course the jars of angry hornets and ninja dust, etc. as well as poisons you can put in drinks, but even with those, a caster build has better options to spend a round doing.

Good RP benefit, no mechanical benefit so all in all it'd be a good change IMO.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Rad-Icarus
Custom Content

Unread post by Rad-Icarus »

I have never found the use poison skill to be even remotely useful beyond roleplay...which means there's no harm mechanically for it IMO.

Also, it makes perfect sense for an alchemist/brewer to be able to understand working with posions. Why wouldn't they?

I vote YAY.
Kitunenotsume

Unread post by Kitunenotsume »

I know this was discussed at some point in other threads and some on discord many months back, but I figured I would bump the suggestion.
Mostly the poison-use concept, level is agnostic.
I play a baker. Sometimes she provides counseling or treatment.
Ask about our Breadflower daily special to save five coppers off a purchase of five pastries.
She seems unusually interested in cursed items.
She has also been seeking a variety of gems and stones.

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”