Adjust Price/quantity for Bless Water spell

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Kitunenotsume

Adjust Price/quantity for Bless Water spell

Unread post by Kitunenotsume »

I would like to suggest that the cost for Bless Water be reduced.

Currently, the pricing of the spell is as follows:
Basic - 50 GP
Improved - 115 GP
Greater - 220 GP
Perfected - 375 GP

For an item with rather niche use, it commands a higher price to make than Perfected Alchemist Fire (150 gp each, in batches of 3) while being less generally useful (Both due to the limited enemy types, and inability to buff weapons).

I would propose that the cost for both the items and the creation spell be reduced. Having sought out appraisers for comparison, even without adjusting the base price, the following numbers would still make it more expensive to create than just to sell to Blunt:
Basic - 30 GP
Improved - 70 GP
Greater - 100 GP
Perfected - 250 GP

Obviously, adjusting the base price would permit lower creation costs without turning it into a free money source. (25-40 GP/rank consistently, perhaps?)

On the same note, having a spell that creates one use of a niche consumable is somewhat lackluster. I would like to likewise propose that increasing the spell to create 3-5 (some static number) of flasks would make it more useful (With a suitable multiplier to the base cost).

Lastly, having a radial that allows a higher level caster to make basic versions cheaply would be a great addition, because if you want holy water for the RP you basically get penalized for being a better caster, because it forces you to make the best you can and pay for it.
Last edited by Kitunenotsume on Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
I play a baker. Sometimes she provides counseling or treatment.
Ask about our Breadflower daily special to save five coppers off a purchase of five pastries.
She seems unusually interested in cursed items.
She has also been seeking a variety of gems and stones.
blowuup

Re: Adjust Price/quantity for Bless Water spell

Unread post by blowuup »

Even without changing the gold costs (which I am not against) the radial idea I fully support 100%.
Masero

My Characters
Aria "Traveling Sorceress and Monster Slayer"
Edazarode "Champion of Tempos"
Nigel Oldfield "Butler of Darkhold"
Anrilor
Retired Staff

Unread post by Anrilor »

I would like this as well
Amora Lininlith: A shadow in the Dark, to protect the light. retired from the coast
Alyssia Leonheart: Heartwarder, High Lady of the Halls of Inner Light Retired from the Coast
Katli Lovric: Selunite Warrior Priestess
Kitunenotsume

Unread post by Kitunenotsume »

*bump*

Remembered this one during a discord discussion, and was hoping it might be brought up for consideration again.
I play a baker. Sometimes she provides counseling or treatment.
Ask about our Breadflower daily special to save five coppers off a purchase of five pastries.
She seems unusually interested in cursed items.
She has also been seeking a variety of gems and stones.

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”