Ranger Board and Stick Fighting Style

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

mastajabba

Ranger Board and Stick Fighting Style

Unread post by mastajabba »

I just found it odd that there is an Archery and dual wield class specialization for Rangers. But not a Shield and Sword/Axe ect ect.

Could this be made via a Class Kit? Similar how some of the Paladin Kits have Shield Feats?
Warden Nigel Blaquehawke - Recon Scout/Ranger of Mielikki- Order of the Radiant Heart

Squire Gideon - Righteous Wrath of the True and Just god Torm- Order of Radiant Heart
Steve
Recognized Donor

Re: Ranger Board and Stick Fighting Style

Unread post by Steve »

TWF feats fulfill the requirements for Shield Bash APR:

https://wiki.bgtscc.net/index.php?title=Shield_Feats

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
mastajabba

Ahh thanks for the heads up! Now I have a bad (hiney) Ranger build in mind.
Warden Nigel Blaquehawke - Recon Scout/Ranger of Mielikki- Order of the Radiant Heart

Squire Gideon - Righteous Wrath of the True and Just god Torm- Order of Radiant Heart
Tekill
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Tekill »

Nerf his ranger build idea!!! :cry:
Malodia - Bae'qeshel - The Dark Minstrel - https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76945

Gilthisanthilas - Pryat of Helm - Everwatch Knight

Skagrot Skullsplitter - Mountain Orc Warrior - The Last Skullsplitter https://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=79740
MrSmith
Recognized Donor

Unread post by MrSmith »

mastajabba wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:52 pm Ahh thanks for the heads up! Now I have a bad (hiney) Ranger build in mind.
I wish you the absolute best with your build... If you figure out how to overcome the class's low Will saves let me know.

Cheers!
yyj

Unread post by yyj »

MrSmith wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:50 pm
mastajabba wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:52 pm Ahh thanks for the heads up! Now I have a bad (hiney) Ranger build in mind.
I wish you the absolute best with your build... If you figure out how to overcome the class's low Will saves let me know.

Cheers!
Protection from evil? :D

All classes must have some weakness, though I know some ranger builds with insane will save.
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

MrSmith wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:50 pm I wish you the absolute best with your build... If you figure out how to overcome the class's low Will saves let me know.

Cheers!
Wisdom based Zen Archery ranger, use buffed up animal companion with the two feats, Natural Bond and Epic Animal Companion, use your Reserve Arrow spells instead of Manyshot (Your BAB eventually gets high enough so you can make use of it more reliably.) Get Combat Focus, Strike, Awareness, and Vigor. That is +4 AB and Damage on command, with relatively short timer.
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
mastajabba

Cheers!
Who needs Will Saves? Just get mind bamboozled and shoot your team mates

AlfarinIcebreaker

Unread post by AlfarinIcebreaker »

Cheers!
For a melee Ranger, a splash of Anointed Knight will do. Requires Iron Will, and has high Will progression, meaning +4 with 3 level splash. Also gains access to Spellcraft in order to boost Will saves against spells.
MrSmith
Recognized Donor

Unread post by MrSmith »

AlfarinIcebreaker wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:44 am

Cheers!
For a melee Ranger, a splash of Anointed Knight will do. Requires Iron Will, and has high Will progression, meaning +4 with 3 level splash. Also gains access to Spellcraft in order to boost Will saves against spells.
I like it! Thank you.

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”