Change Favored Soul Reqs for Hierophant

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Steve
Recognized Donor

Change Favored Soul Reqs for Hierophant

Unread post by Steve »

Hello,
Favored Soul class was opened up to Hierophant. Like the Spirit Shaman class, the FvS splits its WIS/CHA between Spell Levels/slots and DCs. As per the current state:
Druid, Cleric and Favored Soul 19 Wisdom, Spirit Shaman 19 Wisdom OR 19 Charisma.
Spirit Shaman can unlock with EITHER WIS or CHA at 19, but not FvS. Is not consistent, and, unfavorable to the FvS-based Hierophant where every other base Class gets a SINGLE Ability to max focus.

Thus: please change the FvS to be like the reqs. for the SS, to unlock Hierophant.

Thank you for considering.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
sweetlikesplenda

Re: Change Favored Soul Reqs for Hierophant

Unread post by sweetlikesplenda »

Steve wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:33 pm Hello,
Favored Soul class was opened up to Hierophant. Like the Spirit Shaman class, the FvS splits its WIS/CHA between Spell Levels/slots and DCs. As per the current state:
Druid, Cleric and Favored Soul 19 Wisdom, Spirit Shaman 19 Wisdom OR 19 Charisma.
Spirit Shaman can unlock with EITHER WIS or CHA at 19, but not FvS. Is not consistent, and, unfavorable to the FvS-based Hierophant where every other base Class gets a SINGLE Ability to max focus.

Thus: please change the FvS to be like the reqs. for the SS, to unlock Hierophant.

+1
Aaron Lyonaler - Favored Soul of The Red Knight, Grand Knight of the Radiant Heart, Advisor to Duke Eltan, Order of Lions Member
Bio, Journal

"A proper example is a greater weapon for Good than the sword."
-Aaron Lyonaler
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

Good luck. The team considers the class (diviners in general) OP, since for a strange reason they think of them more as DC casters rather than meleers - even when the variety of the DC spells is very limited. A diviner focused in melee ( Battle Cleric) is considered a travesty. No classes, other than diviners have seen so many nerfs throughout the years. From the CL fix, to Divine power, to Death Ward, to PRC prerequisites ( Hierophant ).

I would be very surprised (pleasantly) if this happens, however they are more likely to open the Hierophant for the Thief Acrobat (sic) rather than the favored soul.
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

mrm3ntalist wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:43 pm A diviner focused in melee ( Battle Cleric) is considered a travesty.
Like a Sorcerer Paladin Eldritch Knight Arcane Scholar isn't a travesty?!?! <:D

Considering the divine casters have Hospitaler, Warpriest, Dragonslayer, etc. as "battle cleric" theme baked in...how is FvS seen as so OP when adding Hierophant? The high Reflex saves? It's not like innate Class DR is better than what the Divine spell list grants. Must be that FvS WITH Hierophant PLUS EDM is what makes the problem?

mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

:shhh: :shhh: :shhh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nowadays, anything a a diviner ( or a caster in general) can do in combat, a non caster can do as well, if not better...

But ye, lets not enable Hierophant for the FS class. Even better, increase the WIS or CHA prereq to 21 for good measure.

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

renshouj
Custom Content

Unread post by renshouj »

mrm3ntalist wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:09 pm :shhh: :shhh: :shhh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nowadays, anything a a diviner ( or a caster in general) can do in combat, a non caster can do as well, if not better...

But ye, lets not enable Hierophant for the FS class. Even better, increase the WIS or CHA prereq to 21 for good measure.
Can you not turn a completely valid suggestion into a well of bitterness? If anything, your snarky-ness is what would turn devs off from this suggestion

Personally I see no problem with hiero FvS, but obviously might be wrong, but can't really see how it would be that much stronger than an SS or Cleric FvS, and those already exist.
Discord: jojoelm
Brazilian Timezone (GMT-3)

Current Character(s):
Runa Helvig - High Druid of Eldath of the Green Enclave ( BIO | JOURNAL )
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

renshouj wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:29 pmCan you not turn a completely valid suggestion into a well of bitterness? If anything, your snarky-ness is what would turn devs off from this suggestion
Give this server a couple more years and you will understand me. The one thing we can agree on is that it is a valid suggestion. The reasons that this will be denied are three.
- Steve suggested it - Nothing wrong with Steve, he just not trying to be likable and is not on specific discord groups.
- It mentions FS
- It mentions Hierophant

I would have buried this suggestion but i am waiting for the EDM, FS too OP etc excuses

Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Unread post by Rhifox »

I am open to considering changes to the reqs. Whether that is reducing the choice for SS or increasing the choice of FvS.

The change to open it up specifically was one that was made years ago, just no one had implemented it previously. So I'd be open to any new discussions on future changes.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Rhifox wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:05 pm I am open to considering changes to the reqs. Whether that is reducing the choice for SS or increasing the choice of FvS.

The change to open it up specifically was one that was made years ago, just no one had implemented it previously. So I'd be open to any new discussions on future changes.
I am pleasantly surprised that is going to be considered. Well done Rhifox :clap: :clap: :clap:

izzul

Unread post by izzul »

sweetlikesplenda wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:26 pm
Steve wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:33 pm Hello,

+1
+10
Azzizuleia Tyrielmrande-[Permadeath PC]
Eilondruil Eldanyar-Corellon Larethian[Battle Historian]
Iz Azul-Red Knight[Active]
Krueger-Trader viewtopic.php?f=55&t=56617
Mystera Electra-Mystra[Goat Girl]

"give to yourself, took from others-Integrity and Justice"
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

mrm3ntalist wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:49 pm - Steve suggested it - Nothing wrong with Steve, he just not trying to be likable and is not on specific discord groups.
Hey now! I’m not that bad, old friend M3nt! LOL. You know.

The impetus behind my request is that to utilize Hierophant with FvS for access to the Spellpower feats, in order to reach CL 30, for wacky PCs that don’t include Spell Progression classes/PrCs.

If there is a power issue, OP issue here, I’d argue it’s not with FvS but the Hierophant PrC. And, that power boost affects ALL base classes that use it.

I don’t think increasing the min Ability to 21 can even work with 3b20?? Maybe Hierophant needs another req., like True Believer, to take away some power.

I’ll lastly say this: because of current Boss/epic mob stats, playing a DC build is awful. DC builds are only marginally useful for PvP interest. So giving a “battle cleric” some more DC use isn’t going to change anything on a basic level unless a myriad other things with Content change.

That’s my 2 cents. If it helps….imagine someone you like made this suggestion, THEN consider it !!! Lol. :dance:

DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Unread post by DaloLorn »

Steve wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:26 amI’ll lastly say this: because of current Boss/epic mob stats, playing a DC build is awful. DC builds are only marginally useful for PvP interest. So giving a “battle cleric” some more DC use isn’t going to change anything on a basic level unless a myriad other things with Content change.
Funny, that's exactly what I said in the Owl's Insight thread. :lol:
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Keep in mind that with Hierophant, one will not get more powerful builds compared to the traditional FSX/Cleric-BG-Paladin builds. This class was designed by one of the most knowledgeable player regarding mechanics(Karond) and that is why the 7th level spell requirement. An FS needs 14 spellcasting levels to qualify for Hierophant. Add 3 from Cleric/paladin/BG for divine might and then PRCs such as Hospitaler which in theory can result in a bit more powerful builds ( bonus feats) are not legit. Basically any PRC without a spellcasting level on the first 3 levels will make the build illegal.

On the other hand, DC builds ( for whatever reason someone chooses to go that route ) will benefit greatly and that is a good thing

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”