Limited Automatic Healing in PVP Aftermath

Suggestions Should Be Posted in Their Respective Categories

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

cosmic ray

Limited Automatic Healing in PVP Aftermath

Unread post by cosmic ray »

What would you guys say to a pvp mode that no longer triggered a full heal after characters have been downed in pvp, but left them at 1hp? This would then make it so the character would require proper healing to recover from injuries, so clerics and friends have something of real use to do in such situations, be it friendly pvp or hostile pvp.

The reason why I suggest this is because I was the healer on duty at the last tournament we had in the underdark, but all my healing was a bit clown worldish because everyone recovered full hp after each fight, except when glitches happened, which left me dispensing heals just for roleplay's sake. Now, that is not a bad thing, but actually having the satisfaction of casting a useful heal on other people is even better. What do you say?
You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
ValerieJean
Custom Content

Re: Limited Automatic Healing in PVP Aftermath

Unread post by ValerieJean »

Tbh its semantics, you could just as well still Roleplay healing them even if the bar is full as well as still casting the spell it will just show healing 0 unless you are using Heal Kits which it will not let you at all. But again the act of the Roleplay can still be had with or without the visual representation. So at that point I believe it would just be up to the players involved. Does the PC who was put down want to deal with that roleplay? Some want to skip over it, some do not enjoy the type of roleplay it honestly just depends.

I myself enjoy that roleplay but you have to take into account as well during a tourney a player does not want their char knocked out of the fight from grievous wounds especially if they have another bout ahead of them. Some will do it after it all, some will just move on. All in all I would leave it up to player discretions.

Happy Gaming!
Radrilla Imrae Helvi'viir
Gaven Arkalis
Micar'vilchi Illiathor - Dhaerowathi (Drow Bane)
Mia
Donamira

Return to “Suggestions and Discussion”