Freedom to be Feisty on the Forums

Suggestions for Improving or Enhancing the Forums

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Babuguuscooties

Re: Freedom to be Feisty on the Forums

Unread post by Babuguuscooties »

Okay, so.... My opinion is that there are players who are very passive-aggressive toward those who disagree with them. This is based off of my limited time in that previous PVP discussion that got locked. I just think that some people appear to have a lot of pent up frustrations about certain rules or mechanics, and they aren't venting those frustrations in a very mature way. It's sad to say, but I'm now 28 ( which is old, I tell you! ) and I look back to when I played nwn1 in my teens. I had a chip on my shoulder back then, and it never solved any of my frustrations. So, offering a solution: I think the DMs and mods wouldn't have to lock threads if people would just cut out the passive-aggressive language and try to make their argument with as much empiricism as possible. If you can't provide data to back up your argument then its just an opinion, after-all. We all have those. This is mine!

#pleasedon'thuntmedownandkillmeingamenow
I play Nedrin <3
Flasmix
Associate DM

Unread post by Flasmix »

Wouldn't have to be passive aggressive if SOMEBODY posted a picture of a Dinosaur as well...
Wirg to Pug: "Iz lat dun?"
Pugratix to a snarky militia man: "Mmmm. Not yet. I will live for hundreds of years and be heralded as one of the greatest forces of destruction on the face of the world. The only thing you can destroy is the outhouse."
Jepop

Unread post by Jepop »

Flasmix wrote:Wouldn't have to be passive aggressive if SOMEBODY posted a picture of a Dinosaur as well...

I got you, fam.

Lerbo Nuggetneck- Svirfneblin Miner and Fisherman
Rikki Richfoot- Hin Locksmith and Appraiser
Harjo Crimsonhart- Dead?
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

Dinosaurs are just bigger Orcs...and thus Dinosaurs= XP...
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

I'm glad Staff has given good example and green lighted trolling threads.

Finally, I have proof to use against further Moderation against myself.

Cheers guys! You've made my year for sure.

*waits patiently for Staff threads...*

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Babuguuscooties

Unread post by Babuguuscooties »

Flasmix wrote:Wouldn't have to be passive aggressive if SOMEBODY posted a picture of a Dinosaur as well...

Fiiiiiinnnnne :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve wrote:I'm glad Staff has given good example and green lighted trolling threads.

Sorry for contributing to the trolling. I honestly just saw it as harmless dinosaurs drawings until you said something. T_T
I play Nedrin <3
Flasmix
Associate DM

Unread post by Flasmix »

Steve wrote:I'm glad Staff has given good example and green lighted trolling threads.

I'm clearly following the rules. See?
1. Stay on topic. Please keep your posts relevant and do not make off-topic posts. If a subject is brought up in a thread which you believe merits a discussion, start a new topic in an appropriate forums section instead of derailing a current one.
The posts before mine were all about dinosaurs. Thus; it is 100% completely and factually on topic.
Wirg to Pug: "Iz lat dun?"
Pugratix to a snarky militia man: "Mmmm. Not yet. I will live for hundreds of years and be heralded as one of the greatest forces of destruction on the face of the world. The only thing you can destroy is the outhouse."
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

Let's make a dinosaur-themed thread if we want to talk dinosaurs (you know I'll be there). But Steve is right, in that we should try not to allow this particular conversation to get too far off the tracks.

I think it's mostly "finished," but that's probably just because I've said my piece. :P Others may have pieces they still want to say, or even disagree with me entirely in my assessment of the forums. So if someone wants to revive the discussion here, we should allow them the freedom to do that, sans prehistoric beasts.

Return to “Forums”