Move language translation into text box

Suggestions or Mechanical Requests for Classes, Feats, Races, Etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

JIŘÍ

Move language translation into text box

Unread post by JIŘÍ »

I am not sure if it was ever suggested. But i find the way it works now extremely cumbersome. IT worked like that laso on Arelith for ages. But using a language while fighting was near impossible and same is here. Can we get what They achieved recently there and move actually translation of language into the text box intead combat log?

That would mean a big bump in qualify of life what concerns usage of languages and there won(t be need to switch to common during fighting, allowing people to actually keep the language toggled on all the time.

Thx
Discord contact: Haf#6089
JIŘÍ

Re: Move language translation into text box

Unread post by JIŘÍ »

chambordini wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:02 pm Sure, at some point I'll see if I can get this implemented.
If you do, please allow a command to turn on langauge permanently until turnt off? Thanks!
Hoihe

Unread post by Hoihe »

JIŘÍ wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:27 am
chambordini wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:02 pm Sure, at some point I'll see if I can get this implemented.
If you do, please allow a command to turn on langauge permanently until turnt off? Thanks!
If you currently have a language box open, you can type in normal chat and it'll get translated.

It's pretty close to being perma on!
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
whatsittoya

Unread post by whatsittoya »

Hoihe wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:00 am
JIŘÍ wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:27 am
If you currently have a language box open, you can type in normal chat and it'll get translated.

It's pretty close to being perma on!
This.

This is how I use alternate languages all the time.
Gemma, Dawnbringer
Sigrid, Bear Warrior
Kamila, Circus Performer
Grimhilda, Sea Witch
Geir, Man-Hunter
Astrid, SorcerICE
JIŘÍ

Unread post by JIŘÍ »

I would prefer to avoid to have another fifth box of anything opened.

Return to “Mechanics”