Spell foci conjuration and boost of summons

Suggestions or Mechanical Requests for Classes, Feats, Races, Etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Ariente

Spell foci conjuration and boost of summons

Unread post by Ariente »

Suggestion is simple

Make spell focus conjuration more meaningful in terms of better summon stats and overall effectivity. I know it currently is in function in some degree, however those are still very weak and very small bonuses. Even if I have epic conjuration focus, my summons are still weak and meaningless (even if fully buffed) as I would had no spell focus what so ever. Summons are weak and get obliterated even in CL24-25 areas, sometimes in matter of seconds. And their AB is so low that they cannot really hit back.

Easy fix for this would be making those stat bonuses, which comes with each conjuration focus, much more higher than the current ones plus to add more AB bonus (Maybe even include things like bonus damage, etc.)

More complex fix would be making a different summoning polls for people with conjuration focus. Or add special or improved creatures for people who pick conjuration focuses. AKA, each level of the foci would add couple of "stronger than usual" creatures. Where creatures revealed by epic spell focus conjuration would be much more stronger than ones revealed by basic spell focus so it actually justify the investment of epic feat?

This suggestion is meant for all creature summoning spells affected by spell foci conjuration, including Gate and possibly even Epic Gate?

Tell me what you think about it. Do you have other ideas how to make conjured creatures more effective? Tell me.
Ariente Caemor - enigmatic person filled with mysteries

Crimson - Mysterious and masked person coated into exclusive robes of crimson color

Zar'shalee Tor'viir - Yathrin, Sol d'Lolth
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Re: Spell foci conjuration and boost of summons

Unread post by Rhifox »

Sorry but no. Spell Focus Conjuration (and Necromancy) is already pretty much the only good spell focus, and I'm quite against extra bonuses on spell focus feats to start with. I'd rather bake those bonuses into the conjuration specialization, split it off into a separate feat (there are lots of summon-boosting feats from pnp we could add), or else bump the base stats of the summons.

Another factor is the overtuned nature of the server mob stats in general, which is something that needs to be tuned down.
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic

Return to “Mechanics”