Hilltop Letter Quest

Suggestions for Improving Existing Quests, Ideas for Future Quests

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

AlwaysSummer Day
Recognized Donor

Hilltop Letter Quest

Unread post by AlwaysSummer Day »

I'd like to suggest that the hilltop letter quest that has you return a letter to the wizard in BG farmlands east be enabled for more then once a reset. It seems dumb that low level players have to race to be the first one into the lower hilltop ruins and talk to this wizard.
Roland; svirfneblin fist of the forest and eco terrorist.
Heinrich Von Rittermark; Everwatch Knights of Helm
Frederick Von Rittermark; Paladin of Azuth/Mystra
Erik Von Rittermark; Unknown
Hoihe

Re: Hilltop Letter Quest

Unread post by Hoihe »

AlwaysSummer Day wrote:I'd like to suggest that the hilltop letter quest that has you return a letter to the wizard in BG farmlands east be enabled for more then once a reset. It seems dumb that low level players have to race to be the first one into the lower hilltop ruins and talk to this wizard.
+1
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
electric mayhem

Unread post by electric mayhem »

Is that why its never available? It's a once per account/character and then not available to others?

~Claret - Proprietor of Clarity Cellars.
~Wouveir - Hellstorm Crew
~Adolamin Marblerune - Arcane Engineer and Lorekeeper citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak. [His Story]
~Harrison Remillard - Morninglord of the Song of the Morning Temple.

Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

No, it's available once per reset. First one there gets it, and the rest have to wait another 9 hrs to try again :roll:
Planehopper
Lead Moderator

Unread post by Planehopper »

If it helps, from what I can recall he only offers the quest as part of the conversation of selling him body parts. He won't offer it before or after.

I could be wrong, but maybe that helps run it down.
Roleplay – This is a roleplay server set in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.

Player Housing Guidelines

View-Intention-Speech-Action-Livelihood-Effort-Mindfulness-Concentration
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

This quest can be very tricky to get... I thought it was once per character though - upon completion you can't do it again. (Like finding the rat in the farmlands - it really should be repeatable like all other quests).
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
Nyeleni
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Nyeleni »

Hm I for one am glad that dangled rat quest is once per character. :D How many times did my chars just fall down even with high dexterity and no items in the hands, even clad in cloth.
Truman Capote, Breakfast At Tiffany's
"... - it's better to look at the sky than live there. Such an empty place; so vague. Just a country where the thunder goes and things disappear."
Svabodnik

Unread post by Svabodnik »

Planehopper wrote:If it helps, from what I can recall he only offers the quest as part of the conversation of selling him body parts. He won't offer it before or after.

I could be wrong, but maybe that helps run it down.
There are two quests that can be called the 'Hilltop Letter Quest'. The one you're thinking of is 'Mail Delivery', which you can get from Angus the Sage after giving him some undead remains to deliver to the recluse on second floor of Hilltop Ruins, and from my experience it is once per character and does not reset weekly.

There is yet another mail delivery quest you can get that is from the guy in the cell to Angus, and it is available once per reset to the first character that gets to him. This is also why if you're not the first person to talk to the hilltop recluse after reset, he greets you as if you've talked to him before - he doesn't seem to treat different PCs distinctly from one another.

However, I just did it on one of my characters earlier today, and now after reset the Journal entry for it is gone, so that leads me to believe it is actually available every reset to whoever shows up there first (and so can potentially be done by one person every single reset if they're dedicated enough).
"...I know that kind of man / It's hard to hold the hand of anyone / Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender..." – Leonard Cohen, The Stranger Song
Snarfy

Unread post by Snarfy »

There's a trick to getting the Hilltop mail quest to fire regularly, and it sometimes takes 2 server resets to push it along, here's what you do:

1. Go to graveyard and get some undead bits, then turn them in.
2a. If given the option to take the delivery quest, do so, although the quest will not appear in your journal until the server resets(... or crashes, :lol: ).
2b. If no option to take the quest appears after turning in the first pile of undead parts, wait until after a server reset(or crash), go gather some more undead bits and turn those in(this should unlock the quest dialogue. Once again, the journal entry wont appear until after another reset).
3. Do the quest.

Ta da.

As for the NPC in the Hilltop offering the delivery quest to Creepy McUndead-bits-collecter in farmlands, I dont know how this one works. Some of my toons are always offered it, some not at all.
There are no level 30's, only level 20's with benefits...
electric mayhem

Yep, the one in the dungeon at hilltop appears to be "First in best dressed" only available once to ONE person only per server reset.
Got in there first immediately with a PC after server crash. Grabbed it. completed it. Went back with another PC to test if it was available... nope.

~Adolamin Marblerune - Arcane Engineer and Lorekeeper citizen of the Kingdom of Kraak Helzak. [His Story]

Moltrazahn

Unread post by Moltrazahn »

The wizard in the ruins offers a unique greeting to the first person there. Once you try to leave, he asks for a moment of your time and if you can help him with a small matter.

As said. This is once per reset for 1 person only.
Za'than Za'amal(Elsewhere!)
Thumbler Trunk-son(Also Elsewhere!)
Inanis Umbra(Active)
Molag'ur(He stink!)

Myhun Kren: "You should change Za'thans mask to green, and run around yelling "Somebody STOP ME!"

"You are a spastic pony" - HDM Arrakeen
electric mayhem

Slides a barrel of wine across the table to chambo.
"For you and the team on a job well done"

Return to “Quests”