Island berry quest

Suggestions for Improving Existing Quests, Ideas for Future Quests

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

drdrek

Island berry quest

Unread post by drdrek »

First of all I'm new here and I would like to say I've had some great time. (playing Kili Stonesplitter, though not much of a talker yet)

Now for business,
One of the first quests you find is one by an Illmatari priest near East Gate. She needs some berries to help the poor, sounds easy enough...
She sends your poor lvl 1-2 soul to die horribly on an island, if you didn't already die horribly on the way there by going of the road for a moment and be eaten by a spider (or both).

Once you gain some levels and decide to avenge your earlier deaths you discover:
* The island is still hella tough 6 levels later
* All the caves/doors in the island are not functioning
* The berries do not highlight as other interactables do
* if you actually manage to claw your way back from that hell with some berries, you find that no one actually thought you are stupid enough to go through with it and she has no interactions once you have the berries in your inventory

Its just a bug report, if anything in here sounded bitter or complaining its sarcasm :)
I had a blast creating a personal vendetta to get some fricking berries from a nightmare island in low levels. Still working on getting even with those Glow Spiders... but that is... I need some more time, fricking murder spiders kicking my (hiney).

(P.S. writing this made me realize I had a blast so I donated a bit. much respect for the maintainers of the server)
Valefort
Retired Admin

Re: Island berry quest

Unread post by Valefort »

I can assure you that when you've got enough berries she'll talk to you :)

For the rest quests that you can start in Baldur's Gate are not all feasible by a level 1, at all ! Try visiting the shelf of many books in the palace district which should give you some IC information if you can't find a PC to question about the difficulty of a given location.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
drdrek

Unread post by drdrek »

3 isn't enough? I don't remember she was saying how many you need.
Glowfire

Unread post by Glowfire »

Five! That's how many you need :)
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
Blackhorizon
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Blackhorizon »

The quest will update when you have all 5.
Fierlith Silverglade | Light of Sehanine Moonbow
Tara Leafheart | Hayley Aers

~~UTC+2 (+3 DST)~~
Sun Wukong

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

This might be spoilers...

The first bush is found quite near to your spawn point, the two next are on both sides of the bridge, the fourt is on top the mountain, and the last is on the South-West corner off the map if you walk past the Sahuagin Baron and the altar. (No need to aggro the boss.)

Also, you can reach there directly by taking the boat from the docks.
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
V'rass

Unread post by V'rass »

The fishmen are easy to solo with the right ac... get about 36-40 and they will rarely hit you.
"To understand magic one must first understand magic."

Agathion Benedictus: Holy Priest. Retired for now.
Tiax Rules-All: Gnomish madman. Retired permanently.
Exordius Vrass: Cleric/Mage. Currently active.
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

That area is sub cr10 iirc... doubt anyone is hitting 36 AC without muled gear by level 10. Well, unless they use potions from sorcerous sundries, then they may get there.

It's actually a decent low level grind spot.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
drdrek

Unread post by drdrek »

Yeah I figured it out eventually :)

I used gear I bought from the auction market and was able to clear the area at level 6-7 (fighter\rouge in heavy armor). not to say it wasn't hard... the occasional running away was required, but I like the challenge.
If I'm going to spend time killing things I like to be involved, always on the edge in case something goes wrong. Should I heal? Should I run away? Is that one extra enemy going to wonder in range and overwhelm me? NWNs basic melee combat isn't very interesting on its own if its just smooth sailing.

Return to “Quests”