Monks Book Questgiver disappears following reset

Suggestions for Improving Existing Quests, Ideas for Future Quests

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

ShineDown

Monks Book Questgiver disappears following reset

Unread post by ShineDown »

So selling in CK and a very upset monk asks my pc to get his book back from the gnolls. Accept and go there, find the book, proceed to finish the place but comp crashes on a trans. No biggie, lost a summons, get back in game, message that server has been up 8hrs 58 minutes. Server goes down pretty fast. Get back in, finish the place and exit, quest giver is not to be found. Is this supposed to be this way? I've never seen the nervous monk before but did see another quest giver there before once but never since. Do I hang onto this book until he reappears one day?
Xorena

Re: Monks Book Questgiver disappears following reset

Unread post by Xorena »

A player gave me a quest to find him and this is what I was told:
the CK monk he refers to is an NPC that occasionally appears inside the keep near the main gates. If he's not there on first check, he may reappear an hour or so later. Couple map transitions to jostle the RNG logic.
I have tried a couple of times and so far it hasn't worked. Seems like this is a bug to me, unless he is not always supposed to be there.
Eroica Hersbrucker, dungeon scout and hired blade

Helpful references:
Complete arcane spell list.
Tsidkenu

Unread post by Tsidkenu »

Sounds like a dynamic quest. These can be repeated each reset but the NPC has to spawn in at random first. They also need to be completed during the same server session so afraid you're outta luck!

I usually ignore them and kinda wish each one were once per character so they stop spawning everywhere (esp Oppel Ridamon; that guy is a serious creep).
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Yes these dynamic quests (which appear randomly) are only valid - as long as you stay in-game. So as you crashed, that quest was gone.
ShineDown

Unread post by ShineDown »

Good to know, thanks guys

Return to “Quests”