Gullykin: More Weapons for small Warriors (not rogues)

Suggestions That Have Been Implemented or Will Not Be Implemented at This Time

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Flatted Fifth
Recognized Donor

Gullykin: More Weapons for small Warriors (not rogues)

Unread post by Flatted Fifth »

I've searched NPC stores in BG, Beregost, Nashkel, Roaringshore, and GUllykin and while there are medium sized weapons all over the place that do 1d4 or 1d6 extra damage, I've only found ONE shortsword that does and it has alignment use restrictions. Most small weapons have rogue oriented skill bonuses instead, or only 1 point of extra damage. I think that's stereotyping. Not every hin is a rogue. Would be nice to see some silver, cold iron, and adamantine weapons added to the store in Gullykin that do additional damage, something more small-warrior appropriate than daggers and kukri. Daggers and kurki look a little silly on someone in plate.

Suggestions:

Slayer's Short Sword
Base item: Short Sword
Material: Alchemical Silver
Enchancement Bonus +3
Damage Bonus 1d4 acid

Unmaker Mace
Base Item: Mace
Material: Adamantine
Enhancement Bonus +3
Damage Bonus 2 Magical (from adamantine)

Frostreaver Handaxe
Base Item: Hand Axe
Material: Cold Iron
Enhancement Bonus +3
Damage Bonus 1d4 Cold
Hendrak

Re: Gullykin: More Weapons for small Warriors (not rogues)

Unread post by Hendrak »

I would like to say that the realms have sterotypes. Drow tend toward chaotic evil. Halflings have rogue as prefered class. Paladins of Aroveen can even freely multiclass as rogue.

Nontheless halfling communities still have archtypes like fighter (local guard) , clerics and so on.

And small weapons should be found most in those gnomes and halfling communities.

I dont know about "epic" or good handaxes you can by anywhere, so yes to those added to Gulkyn.

Adamantine weapons are a rare find and not sold in any shops, so no to adamantine weapons.

Shortswords are already in epic quality in BG, but sure we can use some more with fighter qualities.
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Two shortswords are sold in Corm Orp. Maces are in BG harbor store.
Handaxes and Battleaxes are missing in any shop.
Flatted Fifth
Recognized Donor

Only "epic" quality shortswords I've seen so far have skill bonuses instead of damage bonuses. Weapons are for killing, not for hiding in shadows. Even if there are couple +3 or greater shortswords with elemental damage bonuses of 1d4 or greater, what is 2 compared to the literally dozens of longswords, bastard swords, rapiers, and katanas?

This server is very, very light on good shortswords, maces, and handaxes.
Endelyon

Unread post by Endelyon »

Check there in the next update. :)
Lockonnow

Unread post by Lockonnow »

there sshort sword +4 eb cold iron 1d4 magical dmg you cant get better sold in BG epic store if you have the gold
Flatted Fifth
Recognized Donor

Endelyon wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:59 pm Check there in the next update. :)
Lovely! Thank you SO much!

While we're on the subject of Gullykin, might I suggest moving the spears and quarterstaves to a different shop elsewhere just for the sake of IC sense? Maybe the nearby elf village? Hin cannot use quarterstaves and spears at all.

(edited to add)Well, they can, but only with the Monkey Grip feat
Flatted Fifth
Recognized Donor

Question, though: why are these +3 weapons as expensive as most of the larger +4 available elsewhere?
Endelyon

Unread post by Endelyon »

Flatted Fifth wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:29 pm Question, though: why are these +3 weapons as expensive as most of the larger +4 available elsewhere?
Bad pricing decisions on the +4 weapons in the first place, they should cost more. Not to mention these have extras beyond being +3 (1d6 damage on one, which is rare, and another has a divine and a magical damage which are unresistable in our PVE environment).

I probably will bring the price down a little bit (like 25,000 or 50,000 gold on each weapon), but these things aren't going to be cheap. They're epic tier weapons whether the EB is +3 or +4, you gotta look past that one stat.

Return to “Closed Suggestions”