New Priestess of Lolth and Bgtscc player

For Discussing Plot, Setting, and In Character Developments in an Out of Character Forum

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Nuhallis

New Priestess of Lolth and Bgtscc player

Unread post by Nuhallis »

As the title suggests, i'm completely a newb!

Im really interested/invested in getting into the community and the Underdark roleplay (at the moment, will try out the surface later on).

I wanted to get a feel for things here on the forums and find out from everyone else the best places to find RP in the UD, good areas to lvl for a newbie in the UD, People/threads to keep tabs on to stay up to date on everything there is to know about the UD, and its major guilds, players and plotlines.

I also wanted to see what groups are looking for new people to take on. Im interested in finding some sort of mentor if you would, to teach me about the server and world, both in character and out of character.

Im available most afternoons past 5:00pm GMT -7.
Glowfire

Re: New Priestess of Lolth and Bgtscc player

Unread post by Glowfire »

Hey there and welcome! House Sshamath and House Zau'afin are the Lolthites you want to check out!

Other groups in the UD are Bregan D'aerthe, 7th Circle (low activity) and Coven of Darkness (chaos!).
Power is the most persuasive rhetoric.
Friedrich von Schiller
Israe

Unread post by Israe »

House Sshamath here. I'd be more than happy to greet you IC'ly, but I'm a little ummm.... yeah it's embarassing. I can have a house mate likely greet you- but it looks like another PC might take over leading the house soon.
Darker_Thought

Unread post by Darker_Thought »

If you see me online just send me a PM Nuhallis! Been rp'ing drow since back in 2007, and I'd be happy to help out with any ooc quesions you might have and also meet up IG to involve you in the UD events :)

A link to a thread with some roleplaying tips. Ive posted at the end of it:
viewtopic.php?f=451&t=60844

And when it comes to rp'ing a Priestess, you should look into some basic roleplaying guidelines for how to act and what knowledge of Lolth you need. If so you would start out as a Yath'abban (Priestess in training) and often under the mentorship of a Yath'rin(Full priestess).

You should know however that "Sshamath" is a unique city in drow society. Its...more tolerate of surfacers, male mages rule it and Lolth isnt the ruling force there, though Lolthites are present and accepted so far. (Ofcourse those of us rping Lolthite are working to change that ;) )

There are also projects for some new UD areas, one of those will be Lolthite which means our kind of roleplay will be put in the right environment.

Im usually on around: GMT+1, 7-11(PM). Welcome Nuhallis! :)
"NWNScript is what happens when you ask Satan to turn C into a scripting language." - DM Doom
Nuhallis

Unread post by Nuhallis »

Thanks for the reply and I'll definitely will be reading up and everything drow related the next few days as I prepare my characters Bio and stuff. Ill also be looking into House Sshamath. I definitely plan on starting out as a priestess in training so I can get good and familiar with the lore and everything as I go. I have a history of playing Drow like characters in other roleplays SO this should be a piece of cake to really get into.

Return to “OOC Discussion (Underdark)”