The Greyfox Barbarians

CrimsonMist

The Greyfox Barbarians

Unread post by CrimsonMist »

I was wondering where they'd gone to, in short (In character, as much as anything!)

Are they up on the High Moor somewhere? Their area on the Chionthar has gone it seems. Or are they all dead? Kleomenes' signature suggests not. :)
Characters
Amara Calder - Returned to Waterdeep
Elanatha Ariavel - Passed away quietly on the voyage to Evermeet

Maire Whitecrest - Untaken of Umberlee
kleomenes
Recognized Donor

Re: The Greyfox Barbarians

Unread post by kleomenes »

Cool winds.

The Greyfox Tribe were approached by the chiefs of the remnants Blackfeather (who gave up their direct necromancy) and Foecleaver (who toned down their recklessness) tribes and invited to a pan-tribal summit - at least a summit of the much depleted few that were left of the High Moor's barbarians and who had not scattered to the ice like the Winterfang. At the summit Cynric of the Greyfox was accepted as chief of what was left of the united tribes, who would all become Greyfox once again, on the condition that the Greyfox moved north and lent their axes and blades to restablishing the barbarians on the Moor.

The united Greyfox Tribe now wanders near Secomber in the northern High Moor, lending its aid to the local militia and trading the spoils of its raids against local orcs and hobgoblins. Nerys is the tribe's emissary and her most recent actions on the server have been gifting herbs they have gathered to help fight the plague in 1351, lending warriors to fight in the war against the Blight, and adopting a number of war-orphans after the war.

Its something of a tradition for Greyfox warriors to go on a "walkabout" of sorts, so they remain a very much an option as a backstory for a PC. In fact, right now Cynric is on one of these walkabouts with Tribal leadership left with Nerys and the Coven of Shaman, for some reasons which can be revealed in RP if someone inquires!

You'll note that one can play a "Greyfox" with a slant now, as one can play a Greyfox who was originally from one of the other tribes (particularly Foecleaver or Blackfeather)

I have a document that Duster47 kindly shared with Greyfox lore in it, a complete post of what used to be available when this was an active guild. Happy to share it if needbe.

I'm also up for RP with other Greyfox whenever!
Vadim Morozov, Dreadmaster.
Former Characters: Mel Darenda, Daug'aonar, Dural Narkisi, Cynric Greyfox, Ameris Santraeger, Cosimo Delucca, Talas Marsak.
Storm Munin

Unread post by Storm Munin »

+1
"Drojal zhah obdoluth dorb'd streeak, Lueth dro zhah zhaunau dorb'd ogglin."
"Existence is empty without chaos, Life is boring without enemies." So sayeth Lady Lolth, Queen of Chaos.

PC: Natalya, wandering enchantress.
CrimsonMist

Unread post by CrimsonMist »

That's very interesting and I'd be very eager to read up on the background. Now that the barbarian class is in a better place it might be time for a revival. :)
Characters
Amara Calder - Returned to Waterdeep
Elanatha Ariavel - Passed away quietly on the voyage to Evermeet

Maire Whitecrest - Untaken of Umberlee
Duster47
Retired Staff

Unread post by Duster47 »

I tried to attach the Greyfox history and Lore mentioned above but the system won't let me (290 kb PDF). :?

Send me a PM if you want a copy.

FWIW, it was penned in IG-year DR 1350 (RL 2014) so it is now four years later. The Tribe is still near the same camp upriver from Secomber. They are building more crude huts, putting down roots, mainly as a result of taking in so many outsiders to reinforce their numbers. Walkabout is common practice.
PC1 = Nerys, Emissary and Skald of the Greyfox tribe, roaming north near Secomber
PC2 = Valqis Sanejmeh; far away cartographer, Oracle of Nut at chaltin QulDaq, former navigator of the Sea Seeker, Reader of Candlekeep and sometime performer.

Return to “OOC Discussion (Surface)”