Few questions

Moderators: Moderator, DM

Shcheglov

Few questions

Unread post by Shcheglov »

Hello everyone. Few questions with disclaimer that I already spent 3 hours straight reading forum and I'm still overwhelmed with all of this what happened after my long absence. Need some kindness and emapthy. Also I'm still in awe for managing this server and all the effort you both stuff and players put into it to be persistent, like wow. To the point:

Ranger who follows Tymora - can he cast spells? Like shouldnt he follow nature deites to be able to?
Can somebody tell me what is the course of action until next year will be adopted? I assume we are in 1357 if I understood everything properly. Like what are major events rn, what you guys doing rn in game, and whatever comes to your mind probably will help me and maybe will help others to find themselves in space.
Brief of big no-no's and yes-yes's (?). Without reading all the rumors for every location, the more info in one place the better.
Is there a better place on forum to ask these questions?
You have any ideas how can I play ranger-assasin, how to rp and where to rp to make it more, idk, realsitic? Like rangers should go hunting, and I have read that there are food problems.
My character used to be some near druid circle in past, took part in some DM lead event but to be fair I'm still new to game (more to D&D at all than to NWN or Baldurs) and server constantly evolving, I would need one or two people to contact them for help with setting, lore or what is happening in the game, and above all, a better understanding of how the forum works. You know, to ask questions - I promise I'm not pushy. Just let me know if I can write to you with something.

Most important lol - my character hairs pissing me off to the core from very beginning. Can I change them somehow? I assume I use barber in game properly - these are just hats designed to be hair overrides. So it's a trick - but is there a real solution?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Loth Ashby - human ranger/assasin
Syllar Inatris - wood elf barbarian warrior
Rhifox
Retired Admin (Acting Assistant Admin)

Re: Few questions

Unread post by Rhifox »

Shcheglov wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:03 pmRanger who follows Tymora - can he cast spells? Like shouldnt he follow nature deites to be able to?
Rangers in FR do not need to follow a nature deity to get spells. They can get spells from any deity they follow.
Can somebody tell me what is the course of action until next year will be adopted? I assume we are in 1357 if I understood everything properly. Like what are major events rn, what you guys doing rn in game, and whatever comes to your mind probably will help me and maybe will help others to find themselves in space.
Brief of big no-no's and yes-yes's (?). Without reading all the rumors for every location, the more info in one place the better.
We are in 1358. Time of Troubles starts in about a month or two.

Currently, the main major ongoing arc is that the Lords Alliance has assembled a force to siege Darkhold.

There are smaller arcs around Baldur's Gate, though I'm not up to date on those ones.
Is there a better place on forum to ask these questions?
This forum is fine! You could alternatively use General Discussion.
My character used to be some near druid circle in past, took part in some DM lead event but to be fair I'm still new to game (more to D&D at all than to NWN or Baldurs) and server constantly evolving, I would need one or two people to contact them for help with setting, lore or what is happening in the game, and above all, a better understanding of how the forum works. You know, to ask questions - I promise I'm not pushy. Just let me know if I can write to you with something.
You might want to get in touch with the Green Enclave (formerly the Elder Circle) for druid/ranger RP. You can send a PM to JAG about it.
Most important lol - my character hairs pissing me off to the core from very beginning. Can I change them somehow? I assume I use barber in game properly - these are just hats designed to be hair overrides. So it's a trick - but is there a real solution?
Yep, check this thread!
Tarina — Witch, Apothecary, Dealer in Spirits and Black Magic
Bobthehero

Unread post by Bobthehero »

Shcheglov wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:03 pm
Ranger who follows Tymora - can he cast spells? Like shouldnt he follow nature deites to be able to?
If you want to do that, you can play a Ranger with the Hunter kit, they get no spells, it's what I did with my own Ranger of Tymora.
Aurelien Amon: Human fighter, member of the Whitewood Vanguard, Hoarite

Lotrik: Not a wise Genasi, probably stronger than you tho, a master of longswords. Fully retired

Bob Thairo: Dreadknight of Bane, Back on the Coast, tyranning away with his wife
JustAnotherGuy

Unread post by JustAnotherGuy »

If you have a ranger that would be interested in getting to know the Green Enclave, feel free to PM me here, or shoot me a message on discord at JustAnotherGuy#6150. I'd love to help you out; get you into the community with your toon, or just help answering any questions about rangers/druids/etc. If I don't know the answer, we've a good group of people who can help out to get the answer.

My toon's name is Guardian Emmanuel in game. Feel free to shoot me a /t sometime if you want to get some RP going.
"Now this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky,
And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die."
- Rudyard Kipling
JustAnotherGirl

Unread post by JustAnotherGirl »

Hello! I currently play a ranger who used to worship Tymora. I've been playing her two years now, and feel like I'm still learning all the time. It was very overwhelming when I first started playing. As JAG stated above, there are people around who can help! I'm willing to, and if I can't help I can direct you to someone who can or we can figure it out together.

My toon's name is Ashling. Feel free to /t in game if needed.

Welcome to the server!
Ashling, High Ranger of the Green Enclave
YourMoveHolyMan
Recognized Donor

Unread post by YourMoveHolyMan »

My character, Dunn, worships Shaundakul. The possibilities are endless, also holler if you have any questions.
Michael Dunn

“There is more than one sort of prison, Captain," Chirrut said. "I sense that you carry yours wherever you go.”
Shcheglov

Green Enclave is somewhat previous Elder Circle? What happened with previous archdruid? I do not really remember his name (sorry).
Yeah would be intrested in it but need a way to approach topic, like hook on something but not like "hi I'm ranger I want to join", is there something going on around?
Also have question about bioeditor and apraising creature. How to use it, tips or posts? BioEditor is not for biography at all I guess, but for examiantion. Second one is more complex and I'm lost, but want to make character more readable for others, for dms and players - you wont get more opportunities if you wont create them, and here is question - is this that important, like dms often check this and make events connected with it? More advanced players rping around?
And for now last one question - any way of making horse walk, instead of running while following me?
Edit, not last one haha - where on forum can I write a ic journal and pc related things?

Most kind of you folks, thanks for all the help and replies I will for sure contact you
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JustAnotherGuy

Unread post by JustAnotherGuy »

Shcheglov wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:11 am Green Enclave is somewhat previous Elder Circle? What happened with previous archdruid? I do not really remember his name (sorry).
The Green Enclave is what used to be known as the Elder Circle. There was a name change about two years ago. The previous Archdruid that you knew is probably Sane. He stepped down from the position just before the name change. He's still a part of the group, though.
Yeah would be intrested in it but need a way to approach topic, like hook on something but not like "hi I'm ranger I want to join", is there something going on around?
We could work something in, I'm sure. We just got out of some major plots. For instance, your toon may notice that the forests are healing from a blight that is still slightly lingering, and could be looking for someone to ask about it.
Also have question about bioeditor and apraising creature. How to use it, tips or posts? BioEditor is not for biography at all I guess, but for examiantion. Second one is more complex and I'm lost, but want to make character more readable for others, for dms and players - you wont get more opportunities if you wont create them, and here is question - is this that important, like dms often check this and make events connected with it? More advanced players rping around?
I'm going to let someone else handle this question for now. I believe there is a forum post explaining it? But I'm not in a place right now where I can go in depth with an explanation, unfortunately.
And for now last one question - any way of making horse walk, instead of running while following me?
You tell the horse to look for traps, essentially, and it will slow to a walk. I believe the shortcut keys are V, D, E.
Edit, not last one haha - where on forum can I write a ic journal and pc related things?

Most kind of you folks, thanks for all the help and replies I will for sure contact you
This forum here is used for the journal/biographies.
"Now this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky,
And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die."
- Rudyard Kipling
Shcheglov

On what edition is served based on? Like mostly, I'm aware it is not 1:1

DM Winter
Head DM

Unread post by DM Winter »

Shcheglov wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:20 pm On what edition is served based on? Like mostly, I'm aware it is not 1:1
Mechanically, 3.5. Lore-wise, well, to give you a notion it is currently 1358, ToT happens next month.
Winter is coming... Or something like that, idk, you get the joke

My Event's Rules & Guidelines
Server Rules / PVP Rules / Narrative & Expectation

The HDM on Desk Duty!

Return to “OOC Discussion (Surface)”