Darkhold Interior

Suggestions for Improving Existing Area Maps or for Altering Area Maps to Reflect In-Game Plots

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Bobthehero

Darkhold Interior

Unread post by Bobthehero »

Darkhold is pretty amazing as far as areas look, but I have though of a few improvements that could help make the area better and a few bugs that need snipping.

1) To get to the upper areas of Darkhold, you need a key, the issue with this is that it means people without the key cannot get there unless someone with 2 keys barters them one. I'd suggest removing that restriction and instead having doors needing a key be added at the appropriate doorways (I think the temple of Bane already has this, but the dungeons do not, and there's an unused doorfarme right by the stairs). This would massively simplify any form of RP that doesn't involve Zhentarim with a key to Darkhold.

2) Image This couch is bugged, the PC's do not sit on it, but rather on the edge, or where the dialog box pop up

3) Image The doorway to the right (without a door) can be interacted with, but it sends you outside of Darkhold walls and you remain stuck there

4) Image This room here is unused, I recommend removing the pillar, adding some fancy glyph on the ground, a guard, adding a doorway (and a door that requires a Darkhold Key, too) and making the room able to be teleported in.

5) Image This door needs a fix in that once it is unlocked (requiring a Darkhol key) it remains unlocked until a reset or a crash

That's it
Aurelien Amon: Human fighter, member of the Whitewood Vanguard, Hoarite

Lotrik: Not a wise Genasi, probably stronger than you tho, a master of longswords. Fully retired

Bob Thairo: Dreadknight of Bane, Back on the Coast, tyranning away with his wife
Bobthehero

Re: Darkhold Interior

Thanks, although appart from the teleportation room, which is already physically present, but unused, I don't think anything else would need DM approval.

Lotrik: Not a wise Genasi, probably stronger than you tho, a master of longswords. Fully retired

Bob Thairo: Dreadknight of Bane, Back on the Coast, tyranning away with his wife
gedweyignasia
Custom Content

Unread post by gedweyignasia »

Unless I'm mistaken, we don't presently have a trigger we can paint which allows people to teleport into areas that block teleporting. Might be something to look into adding if we can be sure it doesn't introduce any exploits.
Bobthehero

Bump. Point 1 is a bigger issue now, and I am adding a new one.

The keys needed to access Darkhold can no longer be duped by DM's. The resulting key will not unlock doors anymore. The only other key item available is flagged untradeable. This mean that we cannot hand new keys to newly promoted agents. While that can be arranged with a DM present, it would be a lot simpler to have 10 or keys ready and then hand them over.

The other issue is a lot more pressing, since a key is needed to access to upper and lower levels of Darkhold (those transitions are already inside an area you need a key to access), it makes it hell to try and RP with anyone who does not have a key to go through those transitions. As such I am asking for someone to go through the key item issue, and the transition one.

Return to “Areas”