Law boards

Suggestions for Improving Existing Area Maps or for Altering Area Maps to Reflect In-Game Plots

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

AsuraKing
Custom Content

Law boards

Unread post by AsuraKing »

I think a LOT of the law boards around the server seem to be a bit out of date, I think a simple tweak to them would be replacing the laws posted on them with simply an OOC message saying to check the forums. The forums can/do get adjusted a lot easier than signs IG and would make things more unified.
:happy-sunny: Sunmaster Barristan Schulltze :happy-sunny:
Heretic and former Vigilator of Bane and the Black Abbey
Barristan's Bio

Wizziewick Warrenwarden
Svirfneblin Burrow Warden

Thulzar Palerock
Questionable Medical Professional

Art Website|Art Instagram
Hoihe

Re: Law boards

Unread post by Hoihe »

People already ignore laws more often than not. Requiring said people to use forums to read those laws will give them a potential "justification" for not knowing them: "I don't like going to forums" or "I don't like alt-tabbing from the game."

I'd rather not have people citing that over and over again as their "plausible justification."
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
Louvaine

Unread post by Louvaine »

Hoihe wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:34 pm People already ignore laws more often than not. Requiring said people to use forums to read those laws will give them a potential "justification" for not knowing them: "I don't like going to forums" or "I don't like alt-tabbing from the game."

I'd rather not have people citing that over and over again as their "plausible justification."
I have to agree. I would have to have to stop roleplaying with someone while they browse forums, too. Instead, I would prefer that the boards were updated.
Church of Hoar
Morgan Monroe
Blame The Rogue

Unread post by Blame The Rogue »

would be nice to have them up to date, and perhaps placed in more places

farmlands at the moment has masked and polymorphed folks runnin about quite often, when IC the farmer would surely call the guard
"Before you die, you should know why you lived."
Louvaine

Exactly! And in Soubar people are waving weapons around the merchants and shooting their bows next to them just because they can. It's actually common occurance, when IC Ebony Blades and Militia would surely not allow for that to happen as it clearly distrupts the trade. Which is one thing everyone there cares about, including Meg (the Innkeeper), Ebony Blades and House Blackrose.

A simple board could prove to be more than what we need in order to make things immersive for everyone.
Church of Hoar
Morgan Monroe
Louvaine

Bump.
Church of Hoar
Morgan Monroe
Anrilor
Retired Staff

Unread post by Anrilor »

I'll take a look at this and see what I can do. What I would appreciate from the players and DMs if possible is links to all the area's current laws.

Areas of note with their own laws:

Baulder's Gate
Soubar
Greenest
Corm Orp?
Darkhold?
Bereghost
Nashkel
Friendly Arm Inn
Candlekeep

If I missed any let me know
Amora Lininlith: A shadow in the Dark, to protect the light. retired from the coast
Alyssia Leonheart: Heartwarder, High Lady of the Halls of Inner Light Retired from the Coast
Katli Lovric: Selunite Warrior Priestess
Hakken2
Custom Content

Unread post by Hakken2 »

The kingdom of Kraak Helzak 0:)
Bhor Stonecutter, Citizen and King's Hammer of Kraak Helzak.

Return to “Areas”