BG East Farmlands Campfire RP

Suggestions for Improving Existing Area Maps or for Altering Area Maps to Reflect In-Game Plots

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

artemitavik

BG East Farmlands Campfire RP

Unread post by artemitavik »

So, a thought:

the campfire RP in the East Farmlands is a great place for people to just kinda swing by, see other people, chat, make connections, etc.

It's also right next to the merchant load/offload checkpoint and the taxation building.

what if a small building was put there with some covered area and outside seating, and a few tables inside next to a hearth or something and a small bar and NPC. Nothing for transitions or anything like that, just totally open and visible, but heated during the winter and shaded during the summer? Some enterprising schmucky-doo has got to have had this idea at some point with all the NPC caravans coming through and the IC adventurers always hanging out there.
Derik "Crimson Bulwark" Ranloss: Thugging for GREAT JUSTICE!!! (yes, I know he doesn't wear red)
Headmaster:Bladestone Foundation.
Owner:The Last Anchor

Braithreachas Leomhainn
"My purpose is to shed blood for those who can't, and to bleed for those who shouldn't."
Aspect of Sorrow

Re: BG East Farmlands Campfire RP

Unread post by Aspect of Sorrow »

There's several bars one area transition away.
artemitavik

Unread post by artemitavik »

And despite making that statement regularly to folks for ages, people want to RP there instead. So why not make it actually hospitable? Clearly it is not going to change as the major RP nexus of the area for any given length of time. People sell wares there, etc. Might as well put a small little place so it makes IC sense rather than sitting out in the weather. Even add a couple of stalls for PC merchants along the road or something. Not saying "let's build a huge bar/tavern with new areas and stuff". Like a tiny open shed with a fireplace and a dude or dudette.
Derik "Crimson Bulwark" Ranloss: Thugging for GREAT JUSTICE!!! (yes, I know he doesn't wear red)
Headmaster:Bladestone Foundation.
Owner:The Last Anchor

Braithreachas Leomhainn
"My purpose is to shed blood for those who can't, and to bleed for those who shouldn't."
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

You should see tfunke’s redesigned Baldur’s Gate maps, which include a very impressive eastern farmlands.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.

Return to “Areas”