Thief Acrobat

Content Slated for Release or Approaching Release

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Rudolph

Re: Thief Acrobat

Unread post by Rudolph »

Mmmh. To me it looks good, but not OP. Improved Knockdown seems pretty useless for Stealthers, DEXers, and INT-focused Swashbucklers and Springboard for pure Strength builds, so it's either one or the other in effective form or both very situationally. And then the class doesn't progress Sneak Attack or help with damage in any other way. I didn't realize immunity to knockdown is such a big deal, but may be wrong - have been playing mostly high STR builds lately, who are rarely knocked down for that reason. Just another opinion.
Sun Wukong

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

Five level PRC I presume? And yes, there are a lot of mobs with high strength and knockdown. Knockdown is brutal in NWN2 as your character cannot do anything while on the ground and mobs tend to spam knockdown.

Oh and didn't Improved Knockdown grant +4 bonus, which is basically +8 strength. Base 13 strength rogue will have 21 strength... And while it might not trip Epic Rage Barbarian... Do imagine that squishy mage with strength of 8 or lower, the odds are in your favour.
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
izzul

Unread post by izzul »

Sun Wukong wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:03 am Five level PRC I presume? And yes, there are a lot of mobs with high strength and knockdown. Knockdown is brutal in NWN2 as your character cannot do anything while on the ground and mobs tend to spam knockdown.

Oh and didn't Improved Knockdown grant +4 bonus, which is basically +8 strength. Base 13 strength rogue will have 21 strength... And while it might not trip Epic Rage Barbarian... Do imagine that squishy mage with strength of 8 or lower, the odds are in your favour.
btw, welcome back sun wukong, long time no see....

im still looking at what nice build to play TA, maybe phantom/TA sounds good?
Azzizuleia Tyrielmrande-[Permadeath PC]
Eilondruil Eldanyar-Corellon Larethian[Battle Historian]
Iz Azul-Red Knight[Active]
Krueger-Trader viewtopic.php?f=55&t=56617
Mystera Electra-Mystra[Goat Girl]

"give to yourself, took from others-Integrity and Justice"
Sun Wukong

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

Thanks, but I am not back. In order to be back the DMs would require untold amount of begging and pleading, and then it would take a week or several more to be unbanned by the admins, only for me to recieve another endless stream of unspecified complaints from unknow sources followed by another ban. Not to mention that the avarage roleplayer these days takes 5+ minutes to type just: hi. That means one hour of waiting for a full sentence. I have no reason to want to be back, even if I somehow had time to play.

But you are posting on the forums - some will cry out no doubt. But it is just that, forum post on a forum that requires no intellectual effort on my part. Somethong to pass time by talking about the truly irrelevant.

Thus as for the build, give Cleric/Thief Accrobat some thought. You need to pick water domain for free Evasion. Go for two weapon fighting, extend spell, and it would create a Pirate Priestess of Umberlee. Short them buffs give melee damage, aoe duration spells give more damage, and some summons can help too.

A great build for a land pirate.
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
KOPOJIbPAKOB
Retired Staff

Unread post by KOPOJIbPAKOB »

Sun Wukong wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:03 am Not to mention that the avarage roleplayer these days takes 5+ minutes to type just: hi. That means one hour of waiting for a full sentence. I have no reason to want to be back, even if I somehow had time to play.
Well, just throwing my two cents in by saying there was an influx of really good, strong roleplayers in february-march who even made me work on my RP style and improve it in order to compete with them, lol. I know your ban wasn't fair, though. (not trying to hijack the thread, let's keep discussing TA class)
(\/);,;(\/)

Discord: Nastya Raynor#3136

Pink is me speaking on behalf of the Media Team, everything else is just my player opinion.
Maecius
Retired Admin

Unread post by Maecius »

Let's keep the thread on subject. The public forums are not the best place for discussing bans: Appeals for decisions you feel were unwarranted are best filed through the HDMs.
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

Level Features Gained
1 Agile Fighting

Agile Fighting (Ex)
A whirling, spinning thief-acrobat is a devilishly difficult target. Starting at 2nd level, a thief-acrobat gains a +1 dodge bonus to Armor Class. After 4th level, and when using combat expertise or improved combat expertise, this bonus becomes +2. This bonus is only applied if she is wearing light or no armor and is unencumbered.
Description is wrong, AC bonus starts at level 1. (Wiki edited)

Return to “Coming Soon”