Champion of Corellon

Content Slated for Release or Approaching Release

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Terankar

Re: Champion of Corellon

Unread post by Terankar »

Does wielding 1 weapon give you 1½ dex dmg just like str does?
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Terankar wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:51 amDoes wielding 1 weapon give you 1½ dex dmg just like str does?
I think it is just extra damage based on modifier without further adjustments. Half of your dexterity modifier at level 2, and full dexterity modifier at level 10.
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
YYA

Unread post by YYA »

Elegant Strike gets disable when a character attempts to Two-Weapon fight, is it intentional or?
If you are offended by what I said have said above, I have recieved my last warning, I have discussed Intuitive Attack, so report - for I do not mind. Getting me banned is nothing special, it happens every week. But you could also choose not to be offended, this place needs more banter, your choice.
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

YYA wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:43 pm Elegant Strike gets disable when a character attempts to Two-Weapon fight, is it intentional or?
Bump on this question. The Wiki nor this original listing of the new(ish) PrC states or stated that TWF disabled Elegant Strike bonus. Can this be confirmed to be intentional or not?

It seems rather important to make sure the Wiki reflects this, either way. Cheers.

EDIT: It seems, via testing on the BGTSCC JEGs, that Elegant Strike WILL apply to TWF after Resting. However, if one then unequips weapons, then reequips, TWF will not apply the Elegant Strike damage, only when 1-handed.

ARTHAYER ZORASTRYL — A Magistrati & Magefriend [Bio] * [The Wanderings of...]
PANLOS PAWFOOT — The Essential Nature of...
ERMMAR STONESORROW — Cavestalker of the Darkshard Deviants. Herb Trader.
Theodore01
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Theodore01 »

YYA wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:43 pm Elegant Strike gets disable when a character attempts to Two-Weapon fight, is it intentional or?
bumping again :?
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

No, will be fixed.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Valefort wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 pm No, will be fixed.
A wonderful, typical (lol) Valefort answer! WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT "FIXED" ACTUALLY MEANS!!!! :doh:

BloodRiot
Retired Staff

Unread post by BloodRiot »

Does it mean it will change it's name to Champion of good and goodish elvenkind so it includes a specific subset of drow? :p
Characters:
Vesz'yraen
BloodRiot
Retired Staff

Unread post by BloodRiot »

Does it mean it will change it's name to Champion of good and goodish elvenkind so it includes a specific subset of drow? :p
Characters:
Vesz'yraen
Valefort
Retired Admin

Unread post by Valefort »

Steve wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:19 pm
A wonderful, typical (lol) Valefort answer! WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT "FIXED" ACTUALLY MEANS!!!! :doh:
Ahah sorry : equipping a second weapon won't disable elegant strike.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
Steve
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Steve »

Valefort wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:04 am
Steve wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:19 pm
Ahah sorry : equipping a second weapon won't disable elegant strike.
Voila! Tres bon!

Caelin

Unread post by Caelin »

mrm3ntalist wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:29 pm PTWF WMs is one of the reasons this PRC was not being implemented sooner. It is a lot of damage and bonus AC and burst damage. When someone mentioned in the GIB thread that there would be restrictions, I thought something could have be done to limit this. PTWF is not the only problem though. This PRC can result with one hander builds that have 62AC and 35+ damage. The power creep has been insane the past couple of years
What one hander build are you thinking of that could achieve this?
James Merlin - Traveling, Treasure Hunting Troubadour of Tymora
Garet Sunder - Monk of the Fallen Star
Duncan Thorne - Sellsword and follower of the Red Knight
Vivian Blake - Wheeler and Dealer (Merchant)
Bran Emberfist - Monk of the Order of the Four Ways
DaloLorn
Lead Programmer

Unread post by DaloLorn »

Caelin wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:17 pm
mrm3ntalist wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:29 pm PTWF WMs is one of the reasons this PRC was not being implemented sooner. It is a lot of damage and bonus AC and burst damage. When someone mentioned in the GIB thread that there would be restrictions, I thought something could have be done to limit this. PTWF is not the only problem though. This PRC can result with one hander builds that have 62AC and 35+ damage. The power creep has been insane the past couple of years
What one hander build are you thinking of that could achieve this?
Fighter/CoC/Duelist, perhaps? Favoring DEX and probably not taking enough INT to justify Combat Insight. You'd get up to 10 points from Elegant Strike, 2d6 from Deadly Defense on a rapier, another d6 from Precise Strike, a combined total of 8 from Piercing Mastery and Epic Rapier Specialization, plus whatever your STR modifier is. I'd probably mix in a 3-level Shadowdancer dip for F12/CoC10/D5/SD3, unlocking Uncanny Dodge, Evasion, and Expose Weakness... and unless you find thistledown armor or have a really lousy INT score, you'll want to ignore Superior Defense and just fight in cloth. (Even if you do, you may want to take the Armor Optimization feats!)

Assuming a Greater Rapier of Shielding, that's 27-43 damage per hit, possibly a little more depending on your STR, plus EW ticks up to 20 per round. You'll need good items or lots of UMD to put your AC into the 60s, but I think it's doable... and with your emphasis on DEX over INT, you'll get far better accuracy than my Wiz/Swash/Duelist/EK with all of the damage and pretty much all of the AC. Might actually justify not running Sembian+Parry all the time like she does. :lol:
European player, UTC+1 (+2 during DST). Fixer of random bits. Active in Discord.
Active characters:
  • Zeila Linepret
  • Aela Lathyaan
  • Ilhara Evrine
  • Linathyl Selmiyeritar
  • Aeryn Faer
  • Virin Swifteye
  • Gurzhuk

Return to “Coming Soon”