NEXT UPDATE : Dragon Disciple

Moderators: Moderator, Quality Control, Developer, DM

Sun Wukong

Re: NEXT UPDATE : Dragon Disciple

Unread post by Sun Wukong »

Anyhow, you think of it is as some degree of RP seperation. Dragonlsayers slay dragons. Dragon Warriors (Samurais) worship and in some cased protect and server dragons. And now, Dragon Disciples are more or less half-dragons. Thus each of these PRCs have their clear cut roles. It doesn't mean that a Dragonslayer, Dragon Warrior, and Dragon Disciple could not be in the same team, it just that their roles are more clearly defined this way.
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
Diamore

Unread post by Diamore »

That does not follow. Paladins, fighters and sorcerers are all clearly defined roles but are available for multi-classing with one another.
Ms Mackarty: Humble and unassuming wanderer
Mora Eldris: Talkative.
Sera Lowe: Nervous ex-commoner
Rachel Evermonte: Painfully serious knight
Sun Wukong

Base classes, not PRC classes, and again... Sorcerer/Dragon/Dragon/Dragon is kind of stupid. :P
" I am no longer here, the elves of the Sword Coast are just far too horrible... "
- Elminster, probably.
Blackman D
Retired Staff

Unread post by Blackman D »

more or less, it avoids jack of all trades dragon wannabes since DD is mostly a PrC for RP other than for power, which is also why it cant cross with PM and get a 20 base AC

the alignment restriction makes sure people arent being silly LG DDs of red dragons etc

so yea, begin the dragon wars :mrgreen:
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
Wolfrayne
Recognized Donor

Unread post by Wolfrayne »

Please please please please let there be wings at lvl 10! Wings that match the colour of your dragon! PLEASE!!!!!
Reiker Vexx - "Fortune favors the bold"
Cyrus Raviin - "Veritas Credo Oculos"
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

Wolfrayne wrote:Please please please please let there be wings at lvl 10! Wings that match the colour of your dragon! PLEASE!!!!!
There will not be wings
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
Sun Wukong

Let there be wings, you can already have tails as tieflings anyhow. Plus, how am I supposed to hunt down these draconic freaks if they do not have obvious sign to brand them as... freaks?

But I suppose there are those who would not want wings, etc. So how about let those who want their wings, use cloak appearance for it?

- Elminster, probably.
Storm Munin

Unread post by Storm Munin »

Only way to get wings currently is by polymorphing to something naughty (horned devil/dragon etc), otherwise wings have been deemed very bad roleplaywise for whatever reason.
This includes tieflings (anyone really) with fiend heritage and cloak appearances.

Having horns and a tail or tusks are deemed awesome though from lv1.
No, we may not persecute them. Publically fondling them is ok, even for paladins.

Guess we will see about scales. Why no claws/fangs Valefort?
"Drojal zhah obdoluth dorb'd streeak, Lueth dro zhah zhaunau dorb'd ogglin."
"Existence is empty without chaos, Life is boring without enemies." So sayeth Lady Lolth, Queen of Chaos.

PC: Natalya, wandering enchantress.
Blackman D
Retired Staff

Unread post by Blackman D »

tried to get wings but the DMs said no

and there is just no vfx for fangs and claws and they are rather easily concealed anyway, close your mouth and wear gloves
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
Ariella
Retired Staff

Unread post by Ariella »

Well if visual effects are important then we also need some undead arms for palemasters and ice cube skin for frost mages :D.
Wolfrayne
Recognized Donor

Ariella wrote:Well if visual effects are important then we also need some undead arms for palemasters and ice cube skin for frost mages :D.
Yes please.
Aurali

Unread post by Aurali »

I know this class has been released but would the team consider adding perform as a class skill as well as improving bard songs/ uses per day similar to stormsinger? Since it is restricted to sorc/bard only, I’m not seeing too many synergies with bard. I think it would add some flexibility to bard builds if these were added. Thanks.
mrm3ntalist
Retired Staff

Unread post by mrm3ntalist »

Aurali wrote:I know this class has been released but would the team consider adding perform as a class skill as well as improving bard songs/ uses per day similar to stormsinger? Since it is restricted to sorc/bard only, I’m not seeing too many synergies with bard. I think it would add some flexibility to bard builds if these were added. Thanks.
That would be too powerful.
IS EMOTIONAL KEKW - GIT GUD

Mendel - Villi of En Dharasha Everae | Nikos Berenicus - Initiate of the Mirari | Efialtes Rodius - Blood Magus | Olaf Garaeif - Dwarven Slayer

Spelling mistakes are purposely entered for your entertainment!
Ravial

Unread post by Ravial »

Ariella wrote:Well if visual effects are important then we also need some undead arms for palemasters and ice cube skin for frost mages :D.
Don't forget bone skin for Palemasters! Many forget the bone skin.

It would be good for Dragon Disciple PRC to have some IG visual representation though. So we're not faced again with people just straight out ignoring the IC features that the class brings, like long claws, sharp pointy teeth, scales and such. Heck, maybe just give them a tail like tieflings get, just remodeled into a draconic like?

But I guess there's no single good way to solve all that :l
"I sometimes wonder if Ravial is actually rav'ialquessir irl" ~ Colonic 2017

~Viridiana Lydhaer - Retired. Silverymoon!
~Arundae Dyraalis - Retired.
~Amaevael Laelyssil - Retired, Selu'Taar on Evermeet
~Laeria Amarillis - #HideThePainLaeria

Ravial ~ By CommanderKrieg ~
Wolfrayne
Recognized Donor

Im not sure why the wings are a problem even from an RP standpoint? I mean im not worried i can turn in to a full dragon. I just think it would be cool to have wings... just like a Favored soul at 20 gets wings based on alignment! these kind of things are awesome. Any particular reason they are frowned upon so much?

I mean i remember when it was a big no no for tieflings to have tails now they are everywhere!

Return to “Archive”