Re: NEXT UPDATE : New storage solution

Unread post by Moridin »

Yes, RIP Drow!
Characters:
Lomith Dy'nesen Journal
Laughingman

Unread post by Laughingman »

dedude wrote:The new storage will be open to the public. It does not include guild storage yet, only personal storage. Note that the system is in a BETA state for the time being, so don't start storing your epic items until you/we feel confident that no serious bugs managed to sneak past our internal tests.

It should look very familiar to those that have used the old kemo storage. The kemo storage is still available for item retrieval only.

I created a wiki page for the system.
How long until it moves out of beta and items can be guaranteed?
Konosuba taught me cool wizards don't look at explosions.

Aurora Silverstaff (Wizardess and cleric of istishia)
Any DM's that want to work with me on her goals please send a PM!
Monday-Friday 6pm EST to 10pm EST
Saturday-Sunday on and off all day!
chad878262
QC Coordinator

Unread post by chad878262 »

Couple of notes:

- You can retrieve items deposited while disguised as one of your other characters, but only with the character disguised. i.e. new storage seems to be tied to the actual PC rather than the account and PC name.

- Example, Finneaus Du'Veil disguised as Tarent Nefzen can deposit items, but then logging in to Tarent Nefzen to retrieve those items brings up blank inventory. Logging back on to Finneaus Du'Veil and putting disguise on to be Tarent Nefzen will then correctly display deposited items.

- You can't deposit items if you have an apostrophe in your name. However creating a simple disguise (such as disguising Finneaus Du'Veil as Finn) will allow you to deposit your items in new storage with no issues.

So at least as it is built right now, the new storage system cannot be utilized to mule items between PC's.
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
dedude
Retired Staff

Unread post by dedude »

in another thread dedude wrote:I found the issue. When disguising into a name that has a last name, disguise will actually just cram both into your firstname, so the disguised name doesn't match the name of your other character that actually have both a first and last name.

wolf disguised -> "Cyrus Raviin_"
Cyrus Raviin -> "Cyrus_Raviin"

So they don't match up.

That will be fixed at next update, so make sure you remove all items from characters disguised as Cyrus, as that index will be inaccessible after the update.
The issue with apostrophe is also fixed and should work next update.

!!Don't use a disguised name that has a space in the name for storage until after the next update!!

"Bob" = :handgestures-thumbup:
"John Doe" = :handgestures-thumbdown:

Return to “Archive”